What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta premiership-winning prop Terry Leabeater attacked by Bulldogs fans on Frid

bartman

Immortal
I'm really dissapointed that this came out I know Terry would of been dissapointed that this came out in the press 5 days before one of one the clubs biggest games of it's history..

I know he was in high spirits at the end of the night and couldn't wait for sunday.
That's the Telecrap for you... they don't even credit a "journalist" for this "story".

natheel

Coach
f**k i read this in the paper and was absolutly disgusted....to have a great game like there was to be over shadowed by 3 dickhead supporters no mater what club they come from is absolutly sad and pathetic on their part.

hope his wife is all well and so to the other woman

i totally understand terry didnt want this being posted all over the forums etc i wouldnt want it to be posted either but he definatley shoulda told the paper to f**k right off

Gronk

Staff member
Problem is now that because the article raises more questions than answers, speculation will carry this story for days more than it should. Needs to be nipped in the bud IMHO.

eels81236

Bench
TERRY Leabeater, the Parramatta premiership-winning prop and spokesman for the 3P rebel ticket at this year's club elections, was assaulted at ANZ Stadium by Bulldogs fans on Friday night.

The ex-player's wife Jenny and another woman were also assaulted.
Leabeater, who required medical treatment after being belted, reported the incident to Parramatta officials and NRL executives at the weekend.
Stadium security helped Leabeater safely from the arena.
ANZ Stadium management were made aware of the incident by Sunday morning. It is understood three Bulldogs fans were involved in the drama.
Police are also investigating the incident, which occurred when Leabeater was inside a stadium lift.
"What those blokes did was pretty ordinary," Leabeater said last night.
"There was no need for it.
"It was a misunderstanding and not even related to the footy.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"There is a far bit of bark off me. But I wasn't worried about myself.
"I was more worried about the girls. I'm not overly happy." Onlookers said the attackers were Bulldogs supporters.
Some claim the fans were not entirely to blame for the flare-up.
Stadium management last night confirmed the incident occurred.
"We are aware of an incident that occurred in one of the stadium's lifts involving an alleged assault," an ANZ Stadium spokesman said.
"One person was provided with medical attention as a result of the incident and our customer service staff provided assistance to this person to make sure he was able to safely continue his way out of the stadium.
Because of the location inside the lift, our CCTV cameras didn't capture the incident and we have not been notified of any complaint made to police about the alleged assault."
Leabeater was the official spokesman for the 3P ticket which gained control during Parramatta Football Club elections and, later, leagues club elections late last year and earlier this year.
He formed a combination with Geoff Bugden - nicknamed The Bookends - for Parramatta in the 1986 Grand Final.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-on-friday-night/story-e6frexnr-1225780942370

Just here junior.....

fish eel

Immortal
the war is over dude.....

gronk said:
Problem is now that because the article raises more questions than answers, speculation will carry this story for days more than it should. Needs to be nipped in the bud IMHO

or ignored?

The size of the article is nothing compared to other stories going around today.

Ignore it and it will be forgottem tomorrow.

Nikki

Coach
Hmmm.. Why do these things always happen to Terry. Papers love him for a "scandalous" story.

eels81236

Bench
I thought i did, might have been the $1 black label jim beam's.

My best was carrying 10 drinks in those little cups with minimal spillage. Having said that, dropping 1 or 2 wasnt the end of the world at 1 dollar a throw... Order 12....skoll 2....carry 10....happy days.

LillyH

Juniors
and you wonder why some of us are too scared to take our kids to the game. My son and I were verbally abused walking home through the park after last Friday nights game by two rather large bulldogs supporters. And the reason for the abuse - I was on the phone to my husband asking him whether he thought some of the ref decisions were fair! My 10 year old son ended up in tears (as they were screaming and swearing in his face) and I was very frightened until other bulldog supporters saw what was happening and told them to get lost. It was a disappointing end to a fantastic night.

Its the minority who spoil it for the majority.

My best was carrying 10 drinks in those little cups with minimal spillage. Having said that, dropping 1 or 2 wasnt the end of the world at 1 dollar a throw... Order 12....skoll 2....carry 10....happy days.

Ahhh the memories. Sleeping in the back of the car in the carpark, or in one of the back streets. Sunday morning looking like something out of Thriller, walking into maccas.... Those were the days.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
Whilst I dont disagree, It is a massive generalisation.
Maybe Leadbeater went 1 on 3 instead of them going 3 on 1?

You and your mates may condone violence against women, and you and your mate may believe that childish school ground acts of spelling my name wrong are hilarious. When the investigation is completed by police, you may wish to post an apology on this site, but I doubt you would be man enough. Ask your mate for his advice, and then come back with something equally childish.

eels81236

Bench
You and your mates may condone violence against women, and you and your mate may believe that childish school ground acts of spelling my name wrong are hilarious. When the investigation is completed by police, you may wish to post an apology on this site, but I doubt you would be man enough. Ask your mate for his advice, and then come back with something equally childish.

Mates? I have no mates. A lonely recluse, I am. :sarcasm:

Congradulations on picking out the enjoyment I get enjoyment I get from "Leadbeater". You see, back a generation ago I was a Parra fan and my father a Bulldogs fan. My father used to attempt to rile me while watching games by calling Parra players by alternate names. Good fun, childish stuff like... Sterling was "silver", second to Mortimer "gold". Crow was the "chicken". Edge was "Lip". Leabeater became "deadbeater". He particularly liked that one as I recall. To this day I have always added a "d" to your name as a small token to my father. I figure it would be disrespectful if I added the second D. ;-)

We can only comment on what is written in the article. An apology certainly wouldn't be required here or anywhere. My manhood is not in question. Did the cops check your drivers lisence for id? ;-)

fish eel

Immortal
Mates? I have no mates. A lonely recluse, I am. :sarcasm:

Congradulations on picking out the enjoyment I get enjoyment I get from "Leadbeater". You see, back a generation ago I was a Parra fan and my father a Bulldogs fan. My father used to attempt to rile me while watching games by calling Parra players by alternate names. Good fun, childish stuff like... Sterling was "silver", second to Mortimer "gold". Crow was the "chicken". Edge was "Lip". Leabeater became "deadbeater". He particularly liked that one as I recall. To this day I have always added a "d" to your name as a small token to my father. I figure it would be disrespectful if I added the second D. ;-)

We can only comment on what is written in the article. An apology certainly wouldn't be required here or anywhere. My manhood is not in question. Did the cops check your drivers lisence for id? ;-)

There's really no need for smart arsed comments like that to a bloke who has helped turn our club around off field - particuarly when we are two sleeps away from a grand final

eels81236

Bench
There's really no need for smart arsed comments like that to a bloke who has helped turn our club around off field - particuarly when we are two sleeps away from a grand final

You are right. He is a hero. I should have just ignored his entire post he made that was directed towards me. Sorry Mr Leadbeater.

ElectricEel

Juniors
Problem is now that because the article raises more questions than answers, speculation will carry this story for days more than it should. Needs to be nipped in the bud IMHO.

Yeah. Would love to know what transpired.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly how sad are some people???.Still Bitter over the election, bit like the Righties after little Johnny Rotten got the Arse.

Latest posts