What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta River.

^b0ss^

Juniors
Hey all.
One of my biggest grips of all time is Parramatta river, nearly all of my family have been born in the parramatta area.

My father and his brothers and sisters use to swim at litte coogee.I hate the fact that the river is no longer used for anything anymore because of pollution really kills me.
I read in the parramatta pulse today that there aiming to get the river to swimmable condtion by 2025. Be great to have a swim before the game or after in clean water.Lets hope we get back to these days.
889110-7829b03e-5b10-11e4-8385-6da4e9132476.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
I bet the river is cleaner now than it was when I was a kid. I recall holding my nose every time we crossed Ryde bridge to Rhodes. Union Carbide IIRC. It scares me what they and other factories pumped into that river.

ash411

Bench
Not to mention that a few years back I remember them finding a body in there, right near where I was house-sitting for a friend..

No swimming for me thanks.

I do agree though, it'd be great if they did clean the river up though.

^b0ss^

Juniors
strider it is a fresh and saltwater river.There is a weir. :) id also be staying on the freshwater side :p

Gronk

Staff member
strider it is a fresh and saltwater river.There is a weir. :) id also be staying on the freshwater side :p

Not that great over that side either.

Attachments

• eels.jpg
    eels.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 15

strider

Post Whore

I saw a doco on the weekend - Bull sharks are the only sharks that live in both salt and fresh water .... those f**kers will be jumping the weir and going all jaws on someone's bum!!

^b0ss^

Juniors
having it made it to a massive swimming pool would be awesome.Maybe even in to a catch and release fishing area.

keitel

Juniors
Yeah but if they clean it up all those Bondi, Manly types will come over here and want to swim in OUR river

Latest posts