What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
I hope you get the rolls royce star roof like you do in the North Connex. Or is that just for the silvertails on the north shore ?

View attachment 81385

I didn’t realise that was a thing.
They are taking people on bus rides through the tunnels for residents this weekend. My partner is going on one of the buses to take a look. I’ll get the lowdown from her when she gets back.

Suitman

Post Whore
A bit cheesy, but the best video of the inside facilities of the new Parramatta Aquatic Centre that I've seen so far. It's far from just being one 50 metre Olympic sized pool.

Gronk

Staff member
A bit cheesy, but the best video of the inside facilities of the new Parramatta Aquatic Centre that I've seen so far. It's far from just being one 50 metre Olympic sized pool.

Nice. To think there are people who are still bitching about the removal of the old pool. This complex far exceeds the old.

It doesn’t seem to be super accessible by public transport right now, so maybe they can work on that.

IMG_2023-11-03-070110.png

Suitman

Post Whore
This video show's what an enormous site the new WSA is.
It'll certainly offer an alternative to certain destinations for us Western Sydney residents.
A true International Airport operating 24 hrs a day, with metro rail and M12 motorway links from Day 1.

King-Gutho94

Coach
This video show's what an enormous site the new WSA is.
It'll certainly offer an alternative to certain destinations for us Western Sydney residents.
A true International Airport operating 24 hrs a day, with metro rail and M12 motorway links from Day 1.

I looked on Google maps basically from the Hills where i live it's smack bang in the middle.

35 mins drive to Mascot and 38 mins drive to WSA.

So it's an each way bet really.

I will admit i think it will feel weird at first heading the other way to the Airport when it gets built and you have to go there instead. After all these years just jumping on M2, Harbour tunnel, Eastern Distributor and Southern Cross drive and your basically at the domestic terminal.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I looked on Google maps basically from the Hills where i live it's smack bang in the middle.

I will admit i think it will feel weird at first heading the other way to the Airport when it gets built and you have to go there instead. After all these years just jumping on M2, Harbour tunnel, Eastern Distributor and Southern Cross drive and your basically at the domestic terminal.
Some of us are a tad closer like 7 mins. Ill know how BA feels.

Suitman

Post Whore

It has been the same for me as I also live in the Hills, but I was more talking about the 1.5 million people who live west of us.
And, even from where I live (near Showground station), it is a 7 minute drive to the M7 at Glenwood and then it'll just be the M7 and M12 to WSA.
It currently takes me 14 minutes to get to the M2.
When Tallawaong to St Mary's is built, it will be easy via Metro as well.

T.S Quint

Coach
I didn’t realise that was a thing.
They are taking people on bus rides through the tunnels for residents this weekend. My partner is going on one of the buses to take a look. I’ll get the lowdown from her when she gets back.

Ok, so I was reliably informed by my better half that it does indeed look like a tunnel.
Nothing much else to report.

Avenger

Immortal
Still can’t stand the CBD. No wonder most people go to Castle Hill. Rouse Hill is also better than anything around that awful Parramatta Square.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Still can’t stand the CBD. No wonder most people go to Castle Hill. Rouse Hill is also better than anything around that awful Parramatta Square.
What's at Rouse Hill that is anything noteworthy other then the Metro or getting into a fist fight with some drunks at the Fiddler on a Saturday night.

I haven't been to the Town Centre at Rouse Hill for probably 6-7 years i assume they have more restaurants around now around the shops.

But none have been recommend to me to go and visit. So nothing must be standing out too much.

I am closer to Castle Hill so generally that's more convenient for me anyway.

T.S Quint

Coach
Another cool video...

And I like what they did with what I presume are the exhaust stacks:

View attachment 81571

That overpass has been desperately needed for a very long time. Hopefully it works as it is supposed to. As someone who has sat in a long line of traffic both on Johnston St and The Crescent in Annandale to get to Rozelle on a daily basis, I can tell you it was an absolute shitshow. Would take almost half an hour to go a kilometre.

As for the ventilation stacks...I thought they were f**king hideous when I first saw them, and though I haven't changed my mind in that regard, I'm getting used to them. Most residents around here don't like what they've done, but let's wait and see if the greenery eventually covers the whole thing, as I believe that's the plan. There is another stack on Victoria Rd just before you hit the Iron Cove Bridge and it's even more hideous. The plants that they put on there have already started dying.

Suitman

Post Whore
Parramatta Square - LilyMu. Great food. They pinched the chef from Merivale ~ Mr Wongs.
Not sure they pinched him, but yeh, Lily Mu is excellent.
Great to see Parramatta hitting the heights in both cheap and fine food options.

The day has long passed when City Extra or the Leagues Club were the game day fine dining food options. Lol
The Parramatta Club has even raised standards.
And if anyone wants brilliant cheap Vietnamese/Chinese, Han Ky in south Parra Church st is one of those rustic type turn up and go seriously great Asian restaurants. Brilliant good food that won't break the budget, run by a family with genuinely fantastic service.