What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Eelogical

Referee
I'd drive if I was you.
The metro from N-BW won't take you to Gadigal.
I hope you like St Marys though.
Ha! I always drive. It was a tongue in cheek jab at the future obstacles that a Sydney transport user faces, more so from an interstate perspective. By the time the new airport opens I doubt I will have a legitimate reason to be ‘be back in town‘ - so to speak. I will always love Sydney, best city in the world.

T.S Quint

Coach
Or you mean, something like the videos on this web page?

There has been shite loads of information over the past month on both MSM and social media.
What that information cannot take into account is stupid people.
I agree though that some of the signage could be better.
For example, a lot of the signs on the M4/M8, Iron Cove Link and Rozelle Interchange have Port Botany as a major destination. I mean, besides trucks, who the f**k wants to go to Port Botany?

I’ve seen the sign that is giving everyone the most trouble. It is definitely confusing as to where the tunnel goes, and whether it is tolled or not.
By yesterday evening they had a temporary sign out on the road saying to use the tunnel if going to the Anzac Bridge and made sure it included the word ‘Free’ on it.
It didn’t seem to make a difference this morning though. Apparently it was shithouse again.

Suitman

Post Whore
I’ve seen the sign that is giving everyone the most trouble. It is definitely confusing as to where the tunnel goes, and whether it is tolled or not.
By yesterday evening they had a temporary sign out on the road saying to use the tunnel if going to the Anzac Bridge and made sure it included the word ‘Free’ on it.
It didn’t seem to make a difference this morning though. Apparently it was shithouse again.

Could the State Govt and Transport for NSW have done better? - Yes!
Are lots of people stupid? - Also Yes!

How do they f**k up something that badly?

I mean, since it's underground is it possible just to un-open it while they get it sorted... and have things like they were last week, with less traffic snarls and better travel times?

strider

Post Whore
yes I'm sure 3 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic for 10 kms is stupid people

every time they showed the place where the dumb sign is on the tv the cars are at least moving around it .... I would have a guess its not the dumb sign causing kms of gridlock

they showed a set of lights literally letting one or 2 cars through at a time

sounds like some planners have NFI

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The RTA are the ones who program the traffic lights. They have a central control office that controls every set of traffic lights in NSW.

Town Planners are the ones who give conditional approval for a development, they have no design input.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Strides is talking about the traffic planners, the ones that decided where lanes go from three merging to one etc?

Fair enough, that would be civil engineers, its thier discipline to design roads, no doubt with architectural input, to dress the roads up a bit and add architectural features.

Its normally a team of designers headed up by senior Civil Engineers as they are the ones tasked with traffic flow and design.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The RTA are the ones who program the traffic lights. They have a central control office that controls every set of traffic lights in NSW.

Town Planners are the ones who give conditional approval for a development, they have no design input.
You also have strategic planners that develop master plans and blueprints to accommodate future growth, usually with input from traffic engineers.

Suitman

Post Whore
I would suggest that at least 80% of these drivers should have been using the "free tunnel" to Anzac bridge from Iron Cove Bridge.
3 days after opening, and with all the recent publicity on just about every news outlet, people still don't get it.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
I would suggest that at least 80% of these drivers should have been using the "free tunnel" to Anzac bridge from Iron Cove Bridge.
3 days after opening, and with all the recent publicity on just about every news outlet, people still don't get it.

There was a tonne of cars going through the tunnel today. It was backed up and bumper to bumper as well.
The problem is further down closer to the bridge, it seems. Two lanes are now dedicated bus lanes, so people have to get out of them, and then you have three lanes merging into one with a set of lights stopping cars before they have to merge with the City-West Link traffic to get onto the bridge.

The last few days have been hell getting around in my area. My usual trip, to drop my youngest to daycare (just over the other side of Victoria Rd in Rozelle), then my eldest to preschool (in Birchgrove), and then myself to work in Annandale would normally take around 25-30 minutes, including the time taking the kids out of the car and into their classrooms. It's been an hour each day this week. All the side streets are packed with cars. It's an almighty f**kup by whoever planned this out.

There were workers on Victoria Rd tonight changing the lane markings. I'm not sure what they are changing them to, but hopefully it will help.

T.S Quint

Coach
Moving much more freely today.
On Vic Rd they seem to have take out one of the bus lanes, made the far left lane ‘left turn only’ for cars heading on the side roads to the Balmain peninsula, and turned off this ridiculous lights that were stopping cars just before the bridge.

This was at 11am though, so I’m not sure how busy it was earlier in the day. Still, it was bumper to bumper even at this time o we the last few days, so it’s an obvious improvement.

Or maybe everyone has just said “f**k it, I’m working from home today”.