What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

TheRam

Coach
Nope.

To be honest, I don't care what colours the trams are, but to dress them up as Eels trams is imo, tacky. Sure, let's have blue trams, or Eels yellow trams, and have a bit of advertising on them for the Eels. I've got no problem with that.
Just don't get upset when the trams also end up with Panthers, or Tigers, or Bulldogs or Waratahs or even Wanderers black and red advertising all over them. God forbid, you'd completely lose it if the AFL put GWS advertising on every single tram, which wouldn't surprise me!

Not feeling any RL love here and you sound very negative(unlike you generally). You sound more like a Todd Greenberg then a Peter V'Landys kind of guy here.

Yuck!

Suitman

Post Whore
Not feeling any RL love here and you sound very negative(unlike you generally). You sound more like a Todd Greenberg then a Peter V'Landys kind of guy here.

Yuck!

Easy fella. Plenty of RL love here and more Eels love than any other team I follow in any sport. Over 50 years following them will do that.
I just think that turning the trams into Eels trams is tacky. Nothing more, nothing less.
I don't care what colour they are, All the Eels need to do is plaster them with their own advertising and they will look like that anyway. I'd be fine with that.
I went into the city today and I saw some of the light rail trams predominantly light blue - due to advertising (not sure what the company was). So, it can be done.

On the other hand, on my trip to the city today, I caught the metro from Hills Showground station.
On some platform screen doors, I saw two HUGE ads for the Wanderers. I wish I'd taken a photo.
First thing I thought of was this post of yours quoted above, and then, why isn't there any Eels advertising? Maybe there is at some of the other Metro stations, I don't know.
I'm not Greenburg and I'm not V'Landys. I'm also not Paul Lederer either. But I was surprised to see such prominent adverts at a Metro station, which surely couldn't cost that much.
Why aren't the Eels doing this?

TheRam

Coach
Easy fella. Plenty of RL love here and more Eels love than any other team I follow in any sport. Over 50 years following them will do that.
I just think that turning the trams into Eels trams is tacky. Nothing more, nothing less.
I don't care what colour they are, All the Eels need to do is plaster them with their own advertising and they will look like that anyway. I'd be fine with that.
I went into the city today and I saw some of the light rail trams predominantly light blue - due to advertising (not sure what the company was). So, it can be done.

On the other hand, on my trip to the city today, I caught the metro from Hills Showground station.
On some platform screen doors, I saw two HUGE ads for the Wanderers. I wish I'd taken a photo.
First thing I thought of was this post of yours quoted above, and then, why isn't there any Eels advertising? Maybe there is at some of the other Metro stations, I don't know.
I'm not Greenburg and I'm not V'Landys. I'm also not Paul Lederer either. But I was surprised to see such prominent adverts at a Metro station, which surely couldn't cost that much.
Why aren't the Eels doing this?

All fair enough points, but I can't agree that blue and gold trams would be tacky. I just don't see that, but different tastes make the would a far more interesting place. Cheers and thanks for your thoughts.

forward pass

Coach
Does Ram realise that the Eels basically gave Parramatta Council the finger and moved their operations to Kellyville under the Hills Shire Council.

T-Boon

Coach
I did not want to cause all this drama. I just don’t know why all the trams have to be the same colour.

Gronk

Staff member
I did not want to cause all this drama. I just don’t know why all the trams have to be the same colour.

Just watch the choice of colour. Pick the wrong one and colour blind merkins will be lying dead in Parra gutters.

As per the colours, I think the colours for the trams are standard for Transport NSW. These trams will be the same models as the Dulwich Hill line.

Also remeber the tram line will run the entire course of the old carlingford line stations amd will then move to going up Church street to Westmead

ash411

Bench
As per the colours, I think the colours for the trams are standard for Transport NSW. These trams will be the same models as the Dulwich Hill line.

Also remeber the tram line will run the entire course of the old carlingford line stations amd will then move to going up Church street to Westmead
Further to this, Transport for NSW would have all assets in standard colours for a very good reason.

If they need to allocate a tram usually in use in Parramatta to, say the city, then they can do so without it looking out of place, and vice-versa.

Having each areas trams painted in local sports teams colours is great for local pride, but makes it much more difficult to re-allocate assets should the need arise.

No problems though with the Eels paying to have one wrapped with Eels advertising, that would be very cool.

Suitman

Post Whore
Further to this, Transport for NSW would have all assets in standard colours for a very good reason.

If they need to allocate a tram usually in use in Parramatta to, say the city, then they can do so without it looking out of place, and vice-versa.

Having each areas trams painted in local sports teams colours is great for local pride, but makes it much more difficult to re-allocate assets should the need arise.

No problems though with the Eels paying to have one wrapped with Eels advertising, that would be very cool.

For the record, L1 trams are not compatible with the systems of the L2/L3 lines. Their tracks cross paths. They are not co-joined. Also, the L1 trams do not have the battery systems for the wireless sections of the L2/L3 lines.
2ndly, How do you get PLR trams to the city, even if they were compatible? Truck them there?
It ain't gonna happen. So, that is not the reason for similar colours for the trams.

Lastly, the trams for the PLR have not even been delivered yet. For all we know, they may very well turn up in a blue livery, unique to Parramatta. They may not. Who knows?
The artists impressions that are released are just that.

Suitman

Post Whore
These trams will be the same models as the Dulwich Hill line.

No they won't. The Dulwich Hill line (L1) is fully overhead cable powered.
PLR will have wireless sections. (Up Church st, just like L2/L3 do up George st).
The L1 trams do not have the battery charged and continual wire free recharging (with a 3rd rail) capability.
It is why all three systems are independent of each other and have their own holding yards.

Gronk

Staff member
Can we please make them in Australia this time ? The Newcastle, inner west and east trams were all built in France or Spain.

On a side note, it was claimed not long ago that this version of light rail has become redundant. Unsure what the future holds.

https://www.afr.com/companies/transport/the-future-of-light-rail-is-trackless-trams-20191216-p53kb6

'Trackless trams' heading for Sydney
Dec 16, 2019

Sydney's new CBD light rail line is unlikely to be expanded because automated metro trains and so-called "trackless trams" are more suitable for the city's future needs, says NSW Transport Minister Andrew Constance.

"Over the next five years we will see significant advancements in innovations around trackless trams," Mr Constance told The Australian Financial Review.

"The beauty of it is that it separates out the mode of transport from the road network and you have standalone stops, and it’s fully electric."

6fdec43720ce4e41ac342a610984e439d6175d97

Battery-powered trackless trams are now running in the Chinese city of Zhuzhou. CRRC Zhuzhou Institute, Peter Newman.

Trackless trams are a hybrid between buses and trams. They are powered by electric batteries and have rubber wheels, using sensors to guide their way along roads so they don't need overhead wires or steel rail tracks to operate - which also means they are cheaper.

Latest posts