What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

T-Boon

Coach
I'm taking the family down to Sydney in August and we are going to get tickets to the Bulldogs game. I didn't realise tickets were on sale and there isn't a lot left on the sidelines for a family of 5. I know its personal opinion, but wondering what people thoughts were on the back rows of the upper level around halfway (Sections 214-216)? Or is behind the posts good?

All suggestions welcome.
Behind the posts upper deck is great.
A really different perspective to watch a game because TV never shows that view and behind the posts has usually been crap at RL grounds. I recommend it.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Behind the posts upper deck is great.
A really different perspective to watch a game because TV never shows that view and behind the posts has usually been crap at RL grounds. I recommend it.
Agreed. We’ve got the pleb seats and they’re still awesome.

Suitman

Post Whore
An article about our sponsor.....

ALAND see apartment investors pour back into to Sydney's west
may 17 Urban
The leading Western Sydney apartment developer, ALAND, has seen a sharp pick up in investor sales in the last quarter.

At their Parramatta tower, Paramount on Parkes, ALAND saw a 54 per cent uplift in purchases by investors over the last quarter,
with ALAND's Chief Executive George Tadrosse saying that demand for quality affordable apartments in Sydney is outstripping supply,
which is good news for savvy investors and homebuyers seeking solid future growth.

"There will be very little stock coming onto the unit market over the next 24 months and that is largely due to increased government
red tape and increased demand from several buyer types," Tadrosse said, suggesting that those who wait might find themselves out of options.

Demand for units is high as rising interest rates encourage domestic buyers to shift their focus to the apartment market.

"But now that international borders have opened up, apartment purchasers will also have to face competition from foreign residents who may be
looking to rent or buy in Sydney,” Tadrosse said, adding that the two-fold demand was especially good news for investors.

Located at 14-20 Parkes Street Harris Street, Paramount on Parkes offers a mix of one, two and three-bedroom apartments across a 39-level building,
along with a resort-inspired pool with a 300 sqm terrace and barbecue area, lush landscaping, and residents’-only children’s play areas.

Construction is well underway on the project and completion is slated for late 2023.

The supply shortage is only set to be exacerbated by the recent announcement to raise the home loan deposit scheme threshold to $900,000 this coming July
allowing more first home buyers and first-time investors to enter the market while they can.

While this month’s interest rate rise has given both owner-occupiers and investors pause for thought, Sydney’s unit market remains strong
and is shaping up as a popular space for homebuyers, investors and renters alike.

Bianca Anton, General Manager of ALAND, said switched on investors are realising the true value of bricks and mortar as a long-term strategy
and see units as the more affordable path to that financial freedom.

“Buyers are becoming more educated about the pending gap in their wealth creation so are looking for ways to ride the apartment price wave as far as possible.
And with only a limited amount of new apartments available in Sydney right now, it really is a race of
‘first in, best dressed’ especially for those seeking to secure quality property,” she said.

1652785668552.png

Gronk

Staff member
I'm kind of immune to this stuff because I just pay for my ticket in advance November each year.

Pretty horrendous.

seriously ? you still on about this 2 days later ? Opinions differ, end of

You take the internet very seriously, don't you.

take a few deep breaths and have a listen

Check the date. I wrote it yesterday. And I wouldn't have written it at all if you'd acknowledged you were just being a crank in the first place.

Gronk

Staff member

Stage-2-Parramatta-Light-Rail-map.jpg

pazzaeel

Juniors
Also, there will be shite loads of tickets left at this stage as they don't release a lot of tickets to the game until closer to game day.
Ticketek or TicketMaster (whoever sell our tickets) play games with the sale of tickets. They open up Bays for sale a little at a time. Trying to sell the most expensive tickets earlier and making out that it is almost sold out. It's a scam so be patient.
I am being patient. Not seeing much else open up yet. How long do i need to hold my nerve?

Suitman

Post Whore
I am being patient. Not seeing much else open up yet. How long do i need to hold my nerve?

Go with your gut feeling at this stage. If you are worried about getting tickets, buy now.
Keep an eye on it afterwards to see what happens.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Sydney planning approval process for development is so shite. I'm not kidding.
It has taken 12 months to reject this plan. 12 f**king months!!
The Peter Wynn corner of Church st.
The reasons given are just embarrassing.

“The intention of the applicant is to retain and incorporate the facade of the site’s department store,” the report said.
“There is a high potential for buried archaeological artefacts to be found on the site, which was the location of the first school in New South Wales.
“Possible evidence of first contact between Aboriginal and European people may also be found on the site.
“As the preference of the Heritage Council is for retention of artefacts on site, rather than removal and preservation, the proposed design may be required to be varied substantially.”

Holdmark’s $265m Hotel Plans Hit Hurdle (theurbandeveloper.com)
Holdmark’s $265m Hotel Plans Hit Hurdle
undefined

Plans for Parramatta’s first five-star hotel have hit a hurdle as an application for early demolition works has been rejected.
The local planning panel reportedly rejected the separate development application for early works including demolition on the 4308sq m site at 197-207 Church Street and 89 Marsden Street at Parramatta.

The Urban Developer understands the local planning panel wanted more clarity around heritage and other issues before granting early works approvals.
The $265-million project comprises plans for the retention of the facade of the 1925 Murray Brothers Building fronting Macquarie Street, with a 24-storey commercial tower above it and a 31-storey Intercontinental Hotel.

Briefing documents from the Sydney Central City Planning Panel recently highlighted the retention of heritage artefacts as a key issue in the assessment of the proposed project.
“The intention of the applicant is to retain and incorporate the facade of the site’s department store,” the report said.
“There is a high potential for buried archaeological artefacts to be found on the site, which was the location of the first school in New South Wales.
“Possible evidence of first contact between Aboriginal and European people may also be found on the site.
“As the preference of the Heritage Council is for retention of artefacts on site, rather than removal and preservation, the proposed design may be required to be varied substantially.”

HoldmarkHotelMID.jpg

▲ Holdmark Property Group's plans for a 31-storey hotel and 24-storey commercial tower at Parramatta have hit an early hurdle.

Touted as Parramatta’s first luxury hotel, the Intercontinental will comprise 212 rooms across a slender 31-storey tower capped by a rooftop bar and restaurant with outdoor terrace.
Along with a 24-storey office tower, the hotel will sit atop a three-level retail podium and four levels of basement that will feature a grand ballroom as well as car and bike parking.
While the development is still under assessment, Holdmark Property Group has the project slated for completion in 2025.
According to Holdmark Property Group the heritage facade would be enhanced through design, which “which honours the historiclaly significant architecture of the site and surrounding precinct, while also acknowledging the strong influence of the original custodieans of the land, the Burramattagal people”.
Holdmark Property Group was contacted for comment but did not respond ahead of publication.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So it's been hooked because of what they may, or may not find ?

If they were to uncover any artifacts they could at least preserve them and display them on site.

Doesn't make sense to me.