What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta

Y2Eel said:
Yes but look what players coaches like brian smith and Stuart Raper have at their disposal and have done squat... Get rid of des and they'll win it...

Your opinion mate, and your allowed to express it. I think he's a good coach, but whether or not he can take the side to the next level will be determined this week and for the remainder of the season. :?

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Has the troll given up?

Go have drinks with your team at the LEagues club, watch Manly play on Friday still in the comp.

Y2Eel

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:
Has the troll given up?

Go have drinks with your team at the LEagues club, watch Manly play on Friday still in the comp.

Before the semis the last thing i wanted was to see manly win the comp for some reason i'd rather them win then anyone else....
and des isnt a great coach Bob Fulton is des no...

scottyeel

Bench
CliffyIsGod said:
How was Mad Monday. Timmy drink too much?
I think he did have a few. Luckily the day passed by without him feeling the need to headbutt anyone.:sarcasm:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I'll tell you all what a choke is. You win a scrum 10m out from your opponents line and down by 6 with 2 minutes to go, the ball comes out of the scrum, and your 5/8 takes the ball and throws it a mile from your half back and you lose the ball.

Now is that what has got all you Eels fans? Or is it the fact your spot in the finals is now ours?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
I'll tell you all what a choke is. You win a scrum 10m out from your opponents line and down by 6 with 2 minutes to go, the ball comes out of the scrum, and your 5/8 takes the ball and throws it a mile from your half back and you lose the ball.

Now is that what has got all you Eels fans? Or is it the fact your spot in the finals is now ours?

i guess its not called choking if you havent won a finals match since 97 ;-)

effnic

Bench
The trolls are starting to flood in now poor bastards no team to watch nothing to do anymore. So sad. I f you parra fans are bored and need a good read here you go.

Reigning Super League Man of Steel Jamie Lyon grabbed a 24-minute hat-trick of tries as St Helens put title rivals Leeds Rhinos to the sword 54-18 in a one-sided clash at Knowsley Road.

Saints, with the Powergen Challenge Cup already collecting dust in the trophy cabinet, made mathematically sure of top spot and, on this evidence, will be favourites to complete the double with a Grand Final victory at Old Trafford next month.

Leeds hardly knew what hit them as 10-try Saints struck a rich vein of form from the start, with Lyon claiming a personal haul of 24 points.

Leeds went into the game with an outside chance of claiming the runners-up spot but they were never in the hunt after conceding three tries in the first 10 minutes and a third defeat of the season by St Helens condemned them to a third-place finish.

Lyon, engage Super League's leading scorer who will return to Australia at the end of the season, got the scoreboard ticking over after only three minutes when he took Keiron Cunningham's deft pass to slip through a gap in the Rhinos defence.

That followed a handling error by Leeds centre Clinton Toopi and another defensive mistake from full-back Jordan Tansey three minutes later enabled Jon Wilkin and Lyon to get scrum-half Sean Long over.

While Leeds were all fingers and thumbs, St Helens were at their sublime best, combining awesome strength and stunning handling to run in tries from all over the pitch.

Left winger Francis Meli went in from 80 metres after full-back Paul Wellens collected a wayward Tansey kick and a typically slick passing move enabled Lyon to claim his second try on 20 minutes.

Wilkin, making a surprise return just a fortnight after suffering a badly-broken nose in the cup final, demonstrated his array of skills by placing a pin-point kick for Lyon to complete his hat-trick seven minutes later.

Leeds briefly stemmed the tide, with centre Keith Senior working winger Ashley Gibson over at the corner, but video referee Steve Presley disallowed the try for a knock-on over the line.

Saints had no such problem scoring tries and right winger Ade Gardner took Lyon's pass to claim his side's sixth touchdown five minutes before the break, which could not come quick enough for the shell-shocked visitors.

It could have been even worse for Leeds, with Lyon succeeding with just three of his six conversion attempts, but Saints still left the field at half-time to a standing ovation.

The interval pep talk from Rhinos coach Tony Smith instilled much-needed vigour into the visitors, who helped contribute to an evenly-contested second half.

Substitute hooker Shane Millard knocked on with the line open following a superb break from Senior but Leeds finally got on the scoreboard after 55 minutes when winger Scott Donald pounced on Rob Burrow's grubber kick.

But Saints finished well on top, hitting another purple patch that brought them four further tries in just 10 devastating minutes.

Wingmen Meli and Gardner both claimed their second tries and Wellens touched down twice in rapid succession, the second following a clinical break from Wilkin, who once more defied a blood injury to play a major role in his side's success.

There was a comical touch when Lyon passed on the goalkicking duties to 19-stone prop Paul Anderson, who, on his last home league appearance, landed the touchline conversion to a rousing ovation.

It compounded Leeds' humiliation but at least they had the final say when Donald and Toopi went over for consolation tries in the last two minutes and Kevin Sinfield took his goal tally to three.

St Helens: (30) 54.
Tries: Lyon 3, Long, Meli 2, Gardner 2, Wellens 2.
Goals: Lyon 6, P. Anderson.

Leeds Rhinos: (0) 18.
Tries: Donald 2, Toopi.
Goals: Sinfield 3.

I have also posted it on your forum just incase u missed it. Enjoy the read, and Finch and Tim smith.

scottyeel

Bench
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:

I'd be more inclined to say a choke is completely dominating a game, up by 12 points with 19 minutes to go and then letting the opposition score a point a minute to beat you.:lol: :lol: :lol:
I couldn't stop laughing. "Big game" Orford, I wonder who will kick goals when the pressures on this week?:lol:

RainMan

Juniors
scottyeel said:
I'd be more inclined to say a choke is completely dominating a game, up by 12 points with 19 minutes to go and then letting the opposition score a point a minute to beat you.:lol: :lol: :lol:
I couldn't stop laughing. "Big game" Orford, I wonder who will kick goals when the pressures on this week?:lol:

If you thought Manly dominated that game, then you're a bigger dill than you already make out...

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
scottyeel said:
I'd be more inclined to say a choke is completely dominating a game, up by 12 points with 19 minutes to go and then letting the opposition score a point a minute to beat you.
I couldn't stop laughing. "Big game" Orford, I wonder who will kick goals when the pressures on this week?

The thing that is most funny, besides manly being still in the comp and the Eels on a contiki tour somewhere...is that next year we will see

6.Finch
7.T.Smith

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Worst halves in the comp.

Briza

Juniors
Mayor_Quimby said:
The thing that is most funny, besides manly being still in the comp and the Eels on a contiki tour somewhere...is that next year we will see

6.Finch
7.T.Smith

:lol: :lol: :lol:

owned.gif

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
No wins in finals since 1997. We didn't have a club for 3 years. We were near bankrupcy for 2 further years.

When was Parra's last premiership? Where you even alive?

scottyeel

Bench
Mayor_Quimby said:

6.Finch
7.T.Smith

:lol:

7.Big Game Matt $500k:lol:
6.Penalty a minute Travy.:sarcasm:
Know who I'd prefer
6. Finch 2006 SOO player
7. Smith rookie of the year

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
scottyeel said:
7.Big Game Matt $500k
6.Penalty a minute Travy.
Know who I'd prefer
6. Finch 2006 SOO player
7. Smith rookie of the year

The same Finch that was going between hooker, 5/8th, half back and bench.....yeah are real SOO half back :lol:

The same Smith that was dropped to premier league and made to look like a 2nd rate half back by some nuff nuff named J.Smith :lol:

Big game Matt has got us into a big game.....Tim Smith is probably punching on with the bra boys down in Maroubra somewhere.

And as for finch.....not even the rosieset glasses in the world could see him as a decent player.

Gee.....YOU REALLY ARE BETTER OFF!

Take your pick for 2007:

wooden-spoon-jar.jpg

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
scottyeel said:
Michael Hagan resume-2001 Premiership winning coach

Des Hasbeen resume- Um, Umm "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION":lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes with newcastle and Joey Johns!

I can't see Tim Smith leading the Paddington Pooh Bears to an under 13's girl premiership let alone an NRL premiership. :lol: :lol: