What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra's greatest choke!!!

What is Parra's biggest choke moment?

• 1998 SF vs Canterbury

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • 1999 SF vs Melbourne

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 2001 GF vs Newcastle

Votes: 62 39.2%
  • 2005 SF vs North Qld

Votes: 37 23.4%

• Total voters

eelsta

Bench
Bring back John Fifita said:
Of the nominees - I think 2005 is actually the biggest of them all.

1998 they played well for 69 minutes, then lost to a Bulldogs outfit who were in-form for the back half of the comp.

2001 they played well all season (statistically one of the best sides on record), but were smashed in the first half by a raging Knights side. This comes close, but because the Knights were on fire in the first 40 there is some leeway.

1999 Melbourne played solid in the second half and were eventual premiers

2005 was the worst display of these 4. The were playing a side who basically rolled into the semis in neutral - copped a hiding in the first week, and limped home against an out of form Storm side. Parra's lead-up form was impeccable and were favourites for the comp. North QLD did play very well, but Parra...... I don't need to go into how they played again, suffice to say they never competed full-stop.

while your amusing yourself with parra's chokes, how many GF'S HAVE ST GEORGE LOST IN A ROW, just people in glass houses . wouldnt have bought this up but seeing how much fun your having at parra's expencei was just just wondering

Smartman

Juniors
The dragons were favorites in 2 of the 5 grand finals lost (85 and 99) while the eels were favorites in the 4 above mentioned matches.
icon6.gif

eelsta

Bench
RiotAct said:
parra are far more consistant and entertaining with it though

just trying to point out we are not alone

also before lst years gf win didnt the bulldogs have a poor record in finals ???

Green Machine

First Grade
Here’s an old one. In 1976, Parramatta lost to Manly in the Grand Final 13-10. Close the end of the game, Neville Glover dropped a pass from John Moran in the Paddington corner with line wide open.

eelsta

Bench
Green Machine said:
Here’s an old one. In 1976, Parramatta lost to Manly in the Grand Final 13-10. Close the end of the game, Neville Glover dropped a pass from John Moran in the Paddington corner with line wide open.

oh sh*t another one:?

Smartman

Juniors
eelsta said:
just trying to point out we are not alone

also before lst years gf win didnt the bulldogs have a poor record in finals ???

Canterbury set high standards when reaching finals and thats why ppl consider the years from 2001-03 poor.

Moffo

Referee
canterbury are the kings of finals...not many teams would have a better record in finals then the dogs

LESStar58

Referee
LESStar58 said:
i voted the 1999 SF against the Storm...for obvious reasons. :)

2005 would have to be a close second for me (this is my parra ahtred shining thru)...I mean a team that has the best defense in the league CAPITULATES and is held scorless and arse f**ked by 29 points!

Still, can't help but point and laugh!

eelsta

Bench
Green Machine said:
On top of that, Manly got a couple of scrum penalties which they kicked goals from. Parra scored two tries to one.

well their you go 2 tries to 1 and still they choked :shock:

eelsta

Bench
LESStar58 said:
2005 would have to be a close second for me (this is my parra ahtred shining thru)...I mean a team that has the best defense in the league CAPITULATES and is held scorless and arse f**ked by 29 points!

well knock yourselves out
i can understand your problem with parra

fitzgerald:evil: actually most oof us have that problem as well

Smartman

Juniors
eelsta said:
well knock yourselves out
i can understand your problem with parra

fitzgerald:evil: actually most oof us have that problem as well

I dont hate Parramatta, i just like giving them sh*t.
Maybe because i live in the area and because of their long standing rivalry with Canterbury.
icon6.gif

TheJester

Juniors
I think 2005 definatly, 2001 they weren't the biggest of favourites. But man they were really underpressure to beat the cowboys. I feel sorry for them :(

RiotAct

Juniors
i remember going to parra high school wearing my dogs jersey after the 98 prelim final, got beaten up twice before lunch, then again on the way home.. it was still worth it

Smartman

Juniors
RiotAct said:
i remember going to parra high school wearing my dogs jersey after the 98 prelim final, got beaten up twice before lunch, then again on the way home.. it was still worth it

Hehe quite the opposite at my school, all canterbury fans giving it to Parramatta fans, they were mute for like a week. Shocked may be the word
icon6.gif

lotti

Bench
LESStar58 said:

a very close second but nothing beats them losing to Melbourne to put the team from Victoria into their first GF, it would've been their second if we had the player we sent off a winner in 99.

Latest posts