What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra's greatest choke!!!

What is Parra's biggest choke moment?

• 1998 SF vs Canterbury

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • 1999 SF vs Melbourne

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 2001 GF vs Newcastle

Votes: 62 39.2%
  • 2005 SF vs North Qld

Votes: 37 23.4%

• Total voters

El Diablo

Post Whore
Charlie Saab said:
1998 easily.
I was at the game and sitting on the 40m line.
No team should lose when leading 18-2 in a semi final with 11 mins to go.
Ultimate choke

They didn't actually lose it in 11 minutes.

It was the extra time that they lost it in.

fish eel

Immortal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The poll has forgotten to mention Parramatta's duel chokes in the 1997 Finals Series.

18-0 up against Newcastle in Week One only to go down.

14-0 up against North Sydney in Week Two only to end up being eliminated.

to be fair in those games while they started quick they were decimated by injuries

Smartman

Juniors
El Diablo said:
They didn't actually lose it in 11 minutes.

It was the extra time that they lost it in.

Might as well have, they were gone when chook Halligan potted that classic sideline conversion to even it up at 18-18.

Of the nominees - I think 2005 is actually the biggest of them all.

1998 they played well for 69 minutes, then lost to a Bulldogs outfit who were in-form for the back half of the comp.

2001 they played well all season (statistically one of the best sides on record), but were smashed in the first half by a raging Knights side. This comes close, but because the Knights were on fire in the first 40 there is some leeway.

1999 Melbourne played solid in the second half and were eventual premiers

2005 was the worst display of these 4. The were playing a side who basically rolled into the semis in neutral - copped a hiding in the first week, and limped home against an out of form Storm side. Parra's lead-up form was impeccable and were favourites for the comp. North QLD did play very well, but Parra...... I don't need to go into how they played again, suffice to say they never competed full-stop.

Smartman

Juniors
Bring back John Fifita said:
1998 they played well for 69 minutes, then lost to a Bulldogs outfit who were in-form for the back half of the comp.

Thats true, Canterbury came back against Newcastle the week before after being 16-0 down and first week against the dragons were down at halftime.
But the way Parramatta let 3 tries in 11 minutes in a big match was unforgivable.

knights04

Bench
1998 PF vs Bulldogs for me. They had the game in the bag and blew it in the last 10. I doubt the Broncos would have walked over them like they did with the Bulldogs in the GF.

Smartman

Juniors
Beaches Boy said:
All great and glorious occasions in my eyes. The more Parra choke the happier I feel.

In all likelyhood there will be more to come
icon6.gif

Parra_Eels

Bench
the favourite- 1998. was nearly dead on the ground ni shock when p-m kicked that. then thank god i saw it go under. still didnt make a difference

Smartman

Juniors
Parra_Eels said:
the favourite- 1998. was nearly dead on the ground ni shock when p-m kicked that. then thank god i saw it go under. still didnt make a difference

It would of been more dramatic if it went over, Cariage wouldnt of left the ground alive if that happened
icon6.gif

Mr Saab

Referee
Smartman said:
It would of been more dramatic if it went over, Cariage wouldnt of left the ground alive if that happened
icon6.gif

i wish it did. Would have been the greatest finish to a game ever IMO.

Smartman

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
i wish it did. Would have been the greatest finish to a game ever IMO.

Definately would of been...ah well Parramatta fans went through another 20 minutes of hell with more Cariage comedy moments.
icon6.gif