What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ParraTV: New Video's

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
well its only 6 a month and look how many videos you get. I like the way H explained it to me on the phone. He said its slightly in comparison to buying a newspaper everyday and reading about the footy. $1 for the newspaper each day ... where as here you get video footage for .. 6 a month!

joeytheEEL

Juniors
yeah compared to a newspaper a day or even just weekly its not bad value at all, saying that I hope we don't encourage them to raise the price!!!!! hehehe

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
i wouldnt knowing a rough estimate of how many subscribers they have :p in saying that its only going to get bigger... when parra has a home game they are gonn advertise parratv on the big screen so alot more people will know about it :)

FUIFUI_MOIMOI said:
i wouldnt knowing a rough estimate of how many subscribers they have :p in saying that its only going to get bigger...

I have been told about 300 - 400 so far with minimal advertisment.

joeytheEEL

Juniors
ParraTV should get some big company to sponor the site and make it free, that way more people could access the videos and there product.

joeytheEEL said:
ParraTV should get some big company to sponor the site and make it free, that way more people could access the videos and there product.

Wouldn't that be good. I hope that is on the Road map. But we will need to demonstrate usage first.

They could even watermark the video's with the sponsor logo.

Parra

Referee
MarkInTheStands said:
Wouldn't that be good. I hope that is on the Road map. But we will need to demonstrate usage first.

They could even watermark the video's with the sponsor logo.

If there is one thing the internet has proved time and time again it is this.

"The best way to limit usage and success of a new idea is to choose a paid subscription model"

The idea is to make it work, make it free and the users will flock to it and the sponsors will jumpo through hoops to be part of the action.

Hayden Knowles

Juniors
joeytheEEL said:

Hi everyone, this will be my one and only time on here so as you can see I am using a real user name. Since the start of parratv I have been occasionally getting on here and reading what you guys have been saying about parratv... I haven't had time to read all your other stuff but enjoy getting some feedback (and laugh at some of the usernames!)

First of all I want to say thank you all for your support and thought I should tell you where we are at with parratv
- in response to the above comment by 'JoeytheEEL' I'm sure sponsors will jump on the site eventually as it grows in popularity (already 33,000 page hits on the site in the month of January after only starting mid December), but I want you to be proud of being a member. Everyone who works with our team is proud of our team, our players are proud to wear the colours and represent such a great club.

I just want to tell you how as a coaching staff we view a sponsor. We see them as a support team, they are part of the team, everyone of them. We work at a great club with great resources and all the support team play a role. I am saying this as I want you to see yourself as a parratv subscriber as part of the support team. For your $1.50/week you are contributing to the running of your team you may not be a big company or buying signage around the stadium but you are a very big part of the support team. If you all go out and encourage friends and family to do the same thing we will get this really rolling.

Your whole club is behind it from the CEO all the way down ....Your players are right behind it and even paying for their own subscriptions, your coaching staff are all payed up also as well as their families, my own family and extended family are all payed up and part of the support team..no sharing passwords. just proud to be supporting their team.

We as a coaching staff are very passionate about doing whatever we can to develop our players in the most professional way possible and it goes without saying this is a costly exercise. We are very lucky to have a club so supportive of the needs of the team's preparation and providing such a professional environment for our NRL players down to Harold Mathews Cup. In my area especially, building a team of professionals to physically develop players individually, I really appreciate a support team. I've also experienced it with other sports and athletes and can't tell you enough how important a strong support team is in providing the athlete (the most important person) with everything possible to help them achieve their goals.

Your support will make the club grow, talking about it and encouraging others to join will make the club grow, viewing it regularly will make the stats grow that will encourage corporate support and advertising revenue, everything you are doing now and I'm sure you guys will continue to do will make the club grow.

The passion that your players are currently training with and applying themselves to the best of their ability to succeed in 08 would make you proud.

I've used the word passion a few times because that is what you all show towards your team to even be already subscribing. If parratv is one of those things that you go straight to after work to see what's the latest with your team and during the season is something that get's you through the week until that day where your passion for the team hits it's peak on Game day than we are happy to provide it to you. Like I said your players are committed to providing this to you with Hindy even recently taking you into 'his world' which is a credit to him for doing this (if you haven't seen this yet check it out).

Parratv is for you which is why we are trying our best to give you what you want on the show (keep using the 'be our producer segment'). Some things we can't do but some can and we already have.

Anyway I can't keep writing , time for bed..early start tomorrow with YOUR team!

SIGNING OUT FOR THE FIRST AND ONLY TIME I HAVE EVER BEEN ON A FORUM.. THANKS FOR GETTING TO THE END OF THIS AND THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Hayden, it's great to hear from you champ! I will subscribe after hearing that.

And don't restrict yourself to one single post, I want to see you come on this board regularly. After all, if you won me over in 2 minutes how many more can you get over to Parra TV?

Cheers

Thanks Hayden, Parra TV is a great concept and I'm checking about 5 times a day to see if you videos are up, this season promises to be one of the best on record for the Eels and we will get to see it from all angles.
Since I moved away from Sydney 3 and half years ago I felt so far away from my team, but now I feel closer than I ever was.
Thanks again Parra Tv and You Hayden, keep up the good work.
I raise my glass in a toast, The Queen, Australia and the Parramatta Eels.
Cheers!

joeytheEEL

Juniors
Thanks for the response Hayden it's fantastic that you have joined us in the forum and encouraged us to back the club through ParraTV.

ParraTV has helped my passion for the team grow and being off season thats amazing thanks to the club for such an awesome new feature! I feel privileged to be apart of the support team.

Latest posts