What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic NRL Crowds Continue in Melbourne

Beaussie

First Grade
Surely the time has come to realise that the Melbourne Storm can not cut in the second biggest state of Australia. With a population of about 3.5 million, a crowd of 10,000 with no TV coverage is absolutely pathetic.

Most Australians have no time for RL, a bastardised version of RU introduced from England.

JK

Sydney got lower crowds for longer.

:lol: You are a joker surely!

To crap on about being Aussie when you have solonel sanders in your avatar :lol:

Your game is a training drill for cricketers ffs! :lol: :lol:

Moggles

Juniors
If anyone can find the crowd numbers for the first 10 years of the Brisbane Bears/Lions, I would be really appreciative.

I remember I went to a game down at Cararra with a friend of mine that came from Adelaide and it was pathetic the number of people there.

I am sure the Sydney Swans were not that great either (Biggest state in OZ).

This is the goose who in TFC claimed that AFL is a truly national sport when there's no AFL team in the ACT, Tasmania, NT, NQ, Country NSW etc.

And he also claims that the AFL rates better than the NRL and he bases his figures on a survey that only includes 5 cities, 3 of which are AFL strongholds.

And this imbecile never posts in the AFL section of this board.

Suck my brown spot beau you twat.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
One thing you're forgetting is that its too expensive to watch a game at Olympic Park, I mean who wants to spend 20-30 bucks to watch a game at that sh*tthole.

Yep. Pure unadulterated crap.

He's come back here because he was smashed at TFC. These threads will go to TFC too.

Moggles, in 1996 they averaged 18k but before that the best they averaged at home was 12,500. Some years it was less than 10k.

They have a shitload of matches that had under 5,000. If they start going bad, they'll go back to those crowds very quickly.

Bluebag

Juniors
I used a single swans ticket valid for one game for an entire season in the early 90's no questions asked and they used to try and get fans heading off to the SFS into games.

What is misleading is where the crowds sit the stand opposite the cameras is expensive.

ibeme

First Grade
You must be bored Beaussie. Isn't anything happening in the Swans forum? Try going to a fully fledged AFL forum if there's not enough action in the Swans forum. Do you follow AFL? Or are you just a Swans supporter?

Le Rouge

Juniors
Well if the storm get 10000 to a game thats still 10000 more than what the entire sport of AFL gets anywhere outside of Australia. :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Bluebag said:
I used a single swans ticket valid for one game for an entire season in the early 90's no questions asked and they used to try and get fans heading off to the SFS into games.

What is misleading is where the crowds sit the stand opposite the cameras is expensive.

I remember a few years back, walking through Darling Harbour, I was accosted - Mormon Elder style - by two Swans people trying to get me to convert to AFL by offering a few tickets. I just laughed & walked on.

I'd even prefer shopping with my wife than to sit through another game of that "sport" :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Beaussie

First Grade
ibeme said:
You must be bored Beaussie. Isn't anything happening in the Swans forum? Try going to a fully fledged AFL forum if there's not enough action in the Swans forum. Do you follow AFL? Or are you just a Swans supporter?

Yeah ibeme I must admit I have been bored waiting for the season proper to start. Has been fun in TFC and here though in the meantime :)

I've been a member of the Swans since 1992, but am also a keen supporter of further expansion in the AFL, particularly the Northern states.

AuckMel

Bench
Beaussie said:
Surely the time has come to realise that the Melbourne Storm can not cut in the second biggest state of Australia. With a population of about 3.5 million, a crowd of 10,000 with no TV coverage is absolutely pathetic.

"Melbourne, the sporting capital of the world"
"Victorians would watch paint dry at the MCG"

ROFLMFAO.

Glenn

First Grade
Only problem with Melbourne is they have a siege mentality when it comes to sports competing against AFL :roll:

Beaussie

First Grade
AuckMel said:
Beaussie said:

"Melbourne, the sporting capital of the world"
"Victorians would watch paint dry at the MCG"

ROFLMFAO.

Maybe, but unfortunately for the NRL they won't watch the Storm play, even when they have won a premiership in their second season and there wasn't any AFL to compete with.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I don't know how Melbournians can see any sport with their heads stuck so far up their own arses...

Cheers,
Ben S.

What sport are Melbourne good at anyway?

Cricket?

Well, that's a state team, not Melbourne.

Basketball?

Kings v Razorbacks GF...... No joy there.

AFL?

Lions have won 3 in a row, 6 teams from outside Melb in the 8 last season... No joy there.

Union?

No team.

NRL?

Made the semis and did quite well in 2003.

So Melbourne people flock to sport in droves to watch losers basically. The only time they watch a winner is when an interstate side plays away in Melbourne. Even their game, the one they invented, they're crap at.

I wonder how the Netball went this year.....