What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic NRL Crowds Continue in Melbourne

nqboy

First Grade
Yeah, Collingwood help out the Storm. And Saddam will lead the coalition to his WMD stockpile.

Seriously though, the Storm is struggling financially and couldn't possibly fund an upgrade in the current atmosphere of uncertainty. It's certainly not News' job to refurbish stadiums. A move to BJ seems an option and I'd welcome Storm suporters' feedback re this.

Beaussie

First Grade
nqboy said:
Yeah, Collingwood help out the Storm. And Saddam will lead the coalition to his WMD stockpile.

That already have joint training sessions don't they. Get Eddie on board and who knows.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
Collingwood have already made an offer to Storm and a few other clubs (AFL) but for a charge.

Considering everything Collingwood is getting is being built with tax payers money why should we have to pay when we already pay the MOPT

Southernsaint

Staff member
nqboy said:
Why the Storm haven't moved there has always been a mystery to me. Is it up to NRL standard? Storm fans seem to revel in OP's atmosphere, even while they acknowledge the poor viewing facilities due to the running track.

What are the reasons the Storm have chosen OP over BJ?

Olympic Park isn't even up to NRL standard. It isn't wide enough & the in-goals are dangerously skinny...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Beaussie

First Grade
Stormwarning[c said:
]Collingwood have already made an offer to Storm and a few other clubs (AFL) but for a charge.

Not surprised with those dirty leeches. Why the AFL revolves around them never ceases to astound me.

Stormwarning[c said:
]Considering everything Collingwood is getting is being built with tax payers money why should we have to pay when we already pay the MOPT

The Storm obviously need to lobby harder with the NRL's support. Didn't Bracks go to a Storm game in a Storm jersey last year and made some announcement about Vic govt support?

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
He has never been a supporter of League and he did go to one game (not in a Storm jersey though).

It was him and that tall pratt Minister for AFL Madden that took money that was going to OP for an upgrade.

The in goal area at OP is the minimal allowed under the rules. I don't know what other parts up to standard. the ground can hold 21,000 people and is better than a couple of other grounds in the comp.

If they shared with the soccer crowd it would be a good set up I would think. Albert Park is pretty central, and with Soccer being a summer game here, surely co tenancy would work well for all concerned.

They will get burnt on the Olympic park caper as Collingwood will always get their way in melbourne and watch them run the Storm out of the ground

zulu

Juniors
The Original Eye said:
zulu said:
NBL, NSL and cricket. What crowds do they get in Melbourne out of interest?

Less than 10,000?

Chuck them out?

I'm surprised at you Zulu, standing up for a team with no history, no soul, no future and who take all Norths best to play in the Sydney comp.

For all you who don't know, that's what the NRL is, the Sydney comp. Don't tell anyone though.

From what I know, the Devils would be struggling without Melbourne's involvement. You can't have everything.

A 10,000 average is a lot better than the London Broncos' 2,000 :lol: :lol:

zulu

Juniors
gaybeaussie said:
Old news JW that was also posted in the Rebecca Wilson thread here at LU before it was archived :roll:

I now hate Rebecca Wilson too, so it ain't just RL fans that hate her.

But you hate most women don't you? Gay tendencies, gay sport, makes sense.

Beaussie

First Grade
zulu said:
gaybeaussie said:
Old news JW that was also posted in the Rebecca Wilson thread here at LU before it was archived :roll:

Hate is a nasty word and hardly appropriate in this context. One things for sure, I've had more girlfriends than you'll ever have :lol:

JK

Beaussie said:
zulu said:
gaybeaussie said:

Hate is a nasty word and hardly appropriate in this context. One things for sure, I've had more girlfriends than you'll ever have :lol:

How much hush money did you and your swans buddies have to pay?

Surandy

Bench
Bob Jane Stadium is practically next door to the Melbourne Aquatic Centre and it is in Albert Park (site of the Grand Prix). From what I've read the facilities are fairly lacking at BJ.

I read on the net that they've only recently had bar-code reading turnstiles installed there. I've never actually been to the stadium myself.