What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic Tigers Management

It really doesn't bother me where it's at, if we're good enough, we'll win. We played the Roosters at CS in front of just under 20k earlier in the year, it didn't really help us. I have always believed the NRL need to bring in a rule for week 1 finals games, being played at grounds with a minimum capacity of 25k, so I won't whinge if we cop a slight disadvantage from doing it. It's downright embarrassing watching teams play semis in front of crowds that are well below 20k.

ozjet1

It really doesn't bother me where it's at, if we're good enough, we'll win. We played the Roosters at CS in front of just under 20k earlier in the year, it didn't really help us. I have always believed the NRL need to bring in a rule for week 1 finals games, being played at grounds with a minimum capacity of 25k, so I won't whinge if we cop a slight disadvantage from doing it. It's downright embarrassing watching teams play semis in front of crowds that are well below 20k.

so im assuming penrith will be copping the wrath of you, opposition supporters and the DT this week, considering their home ground is also a sub 25k venue too.

tigers supporters are jerking off on their high horse, but ive yet to hear or see one admit that the SFS is a Wests Tigers home ground.

clubs owe nothing to anyone, except their members and sponsors.

R2Coupe

Juniors
not the same at all...SFS is a Tigers home ground, ANZ is not a Roosters home ground.

Also, it's not like ANZ is a home ground advantage to the Rabbits anyway...it's nowhere near Redfern

So distance is your criteria for home ground advantage?

Your rationale is the ANZ is not the Rabbits home ground because it is nowhere near Redfern?

Last time I looked at the table, the Rabbits hadn't won home ground advantage anyway so where is the relevance? For that matter, neither have the Roosters.

And the SFS just happens to be adjacent to Campbelltown for our Wests supports of the JV?

Loudstrat

Coach
The Wests Tigers are a joint venture so to appease both of the parties the SFS the perfect option, after-all it is one of their home grounds.

It will be great to be at the game next Saturday night with 30-40,000 other fans.

Yes - Moore Park is halfway between Leichhardt and Campbelltown - NOT.

FFS get a map and have a look you chronic home ground hater. And while you are there go and campaign the Titans to move their semi to QEII

Maybe we should move the GF to River Plate as well?
The Tigers will probably have 70% of the support and who can forget their brilliant SFS performances against the Broncos and Dragons in the 2005 finals series? It wasn't even their home ground then.
:lol::lol: Back in 1982 we put 60 on Canberra at Seiffert. We should have made it our home ground - or at least played semi finals there?

Take your meds before you post next time.

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
Yes - Moore Park is halfway between Leichhardt and Campbelltown - NOT.

FFS get a map and have a look you chronic home ground hater. And while you are there go and campaign the Titans to move their semi to QEII

Maybe we should move the GF to River Plate as well? :lol::lol: Back in 1982 we put 60 on Canberra at Seiffert. We should have made it our home ground - or at least played semi finals there?

Take your meds before you post next time.
Its a generational thing.
These spring chickens know nothing of tribalism and what it means.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Its not like its a huge advantage. The roosters only have about 10000 fans anyway, tigers fans will fill the rest of the seats. Anyway, If you're a serious premiership contender you should be able to win anywhere, anytime and in any conditions.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Initially I was against the idea of playing the Roosters at the SFS, but on second thoughts its not a huge issue.

We will have more fans there. It's one of our home grounds. And if we turn up to play we will win no matter if it's played at the SFS, Leichhardt or on Mars.

I am just happy we are playing finals football, can't wait. Bring it on.

Brutus

Referee
If Souths sneak into 8 spot, Dragons V Souths at the SCG on a Sunday arvo would be something special too. I know the Dragons have elected to play at Kogarah though.

That's why I hope Souths don't get in.

I couldn't bare watching a semi between those two clubs (Rabbitohs v Dragons) in front of a 17,000 crowd at a suburban ground.

Hopefully it's the Dragons v Canberra.

gronkathon

First Grade
The Roosters losing just meant it only takes them and either the Panthers or Dragons to lose and they are out on their arse. Of course they wanted the try.

Home ground advantage is made by the fans. Tigers fans need to get out to their home ground and support.

Also the Tigers got a very, very good deal out of the NRL and trust for this arrangement.

Ninja

Juniors
Initially I was against the idea of playing the Roosters at the SFS, but on second thoughts its not a huge issue.

We will have more fans there. It's one of our home grounds. And if we turn up to play we will win no matter if it's played at the SFS, Leichhardt or on Mars.

I am just happy we are playing finals football, can't wait. Bring it on.

I beg to differ. Surely the gravitational forces would favour the 'kick happy' Roosters

boxhead

First Grade
Hmmm....
I'm divided on this.

If they played their home semi's at Leichardt, they would probably make the grand final by dint of the fact they are nearly unbeatable there.
However, this way they are doing a service to all NRL fans by going to the stadium that will get bigger crowds.

Flapper

First Grade
I have no problem with it. We've been thoroughly flogged at a sold out Leichhardt before, and I'd hate for it to backfire a la St George. We play home games there too, that's good enough for me.

taipan

Referee
A sensible move both commercially and for getting the maximum number of fans seated in comfort.
if it squirts down raining, Leichardt for a semi is hardly a good look.

adamkungl

Immortal
So distance is your criteria for home ground advantage?

Your rationale is the ANZ is not the Rabbits home ground because it is nowhere near Redfern?

ANZ is the Rabbits official home ground, but in a semi final they get no home ground advantage. It's nowhere near their local area and their season ticket holders don't get in 'free'.