What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic

RLIF

Juniors
With out a doubt the refereeing and video refereeing of the first half of the Cowboys vs Warriors match has been the worst I have seen all year and possibly last year.

Nash's decision to rule a no try on Wades brilliant solo run is unbelievable....how that is obstruction I will never know....I would go as far as calling it cheating....and don’t get me started on the so called forward pass from Fien to Wiki....

Raider Azz

Bench
2832.jpg

pantherz9103

First Grade
I agree that was a terrible decision to deny a great try from Wade. Looks like its cost the Warriors any chance.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
The Warriors were terrible, but they did not deserve to be down 12-0.

There was the small matter of the forward pass for Webbs try too.

TITAN1

Juniors
No sympathy...
We copped absolute crap last week in regards to refereeing decisions against the warriors,and im sure another team will get the same next week.

Raider Azz

Bench
EvolutionUber said:
Rich from a raiders fan.
check my post history and tell me where i was whinging about a referees performance?

almost every week in almost every match there are decisions which are questionable and could have gone the other way. this is nothing new and the warriors arent the only team who has had decisions go against them this year.

RLIF

Juniors
i guess the final tackle of the game sumed up the refereeing.....how that was not a penalty for holding down.....

Raider Azz

Bench
EvolutionUber said:
Just typical Raiders fans crying like your reply post.
lol, good comeback, you sure told me with your excellent argumentative skills. you didn't totally ignore everything i said in exchange for a petty insult at all...

shiznit

Coach
i must say... The warriors and the Raiders cop alot more sh*t reffing then most other sides... it didnt cost them the game V souths but it did here.

as for the tits game... WTF?? you cant even compare the two... the ref certainly didnt cost the titans the game...

Rovelli

Bench
TITAN1 said:
No sympathy...
We copped absolute crap last week in regards to refereeing decisions against the warriors,and im sure another team will get the same next week.

What decisions?
  • Rapira clearly forced it.
  • Tacklers fell over the top of McKinnon, he was entitled to carry on.
Not to mention Delaney's try came off a dubious knock-on off Witt.

Blaze

Juniors
The McKinnon decision was dissapointing because it was such a good try.

We do tend to get shafted a bit with the Video Refs... I wouldn't read too much into it though.

It certainly wasnt cheating it was just incompetence by the match officials, with the standouts being :

* Mckinnons no try
* 2 forward passes called against the warriors
* Forward passes from the cowboys not being called
* The penalty against Anderson in the 60th minute
* Near the end Mckinnon put a chip through and was blatantly taken out by Bowen
* That debacle at the end. Gatis was held down, no penalty, then the ref blows the game of before the siren
* Constant holding down by the cowboys in the tackle going unpunished

Just pathetic referring all around, but having said that for 65 minutes of the game the cowboys out classed us.

Well done Cowboys, well deserved, but the official can hang their heads in shame. Archer would have to be the most arrogant refs out there.

woodgers

Bench
I didn't see the game or the crucial issues so I cannot comment on those until I see them.

However, this is exactly what i've been saying for ages, the officiating is simply not up to scratch and Robert Finch continues to keep his job. It appears the players are always advancing in terms of every aspect of the game, yet the officials have been left behind and it is showing.

Maybe it is time to perhaps take a leaf out of AFL's book and put more than one ref out there. I'm serious. We ask a ref to not only police the ruck and keep an eye out for all manner of infringements, all the while getting back 10m every tackle. We have many players in our game that can't get back the 10 for 20 minutes yet we ask a ref to do it for the full match. I really think refs are making poor decisions through fatigue a lot of the time. The other advantage of 2 refs is that you almost eliminate the whole 'ref gave us a bad run' by fans after the game because they would be getting calls from both refs. Maybe you could have either a ref in either half or a better solution would be a ref allocated to an end, for example when the ball is going towards one end and the team is attacking, he polices the ruck but when they are defending he has to get them back 10 while the other one police's the ruck better.

Just food for thought but something has to be done. I don't like to whinge about decisions but really, i've watched my team cop the rough end of the pineapple 3 weeks running, today they'll probably get the rub of it. The games shouldn't be like that, decided by officials rather than players. Lastly, scrap touch judges. They are about as useful as a massive LCD screen is to Stevie Wonder. They do nothing except put a a flag when a ball goes through the posts, even close calls on whether a player went into touch goes upstairs these days so get rid of them, waste of space. 2 refs would be better than 1 ref and 2 touchies.

RLIF

Juniors
woodgers said:
I don't like to whinge about decisions but really, i've watched my team cop the rough end of the pineapple 3 weeks running, today they'll probably get the rub of it.

Hahaha yup they got the rub of it today:crazy:

Iafeta

Referee
woodgers said:
I didn't see the game or the crucial issues so I cannot comment on those until I see them.

However, this is exactly what i've been saying for ages, the officiating is simply not up to scratch and Robert Finch continues to keep his job. It appears the players are always advancing in terms of every aspect of the game, yet the officials have been left behind and it is showing.

Maybe it is time to perhaps take a leaf out of AFL's book and put more than one ref out there. I'm serious. We ask a ref to not only police the ruck and keep an eye out for all manner of infringements, all the while getting back 10m every tackle. We have many players in our game that can't get back the 10 for 20 minutes yet we ask a ref to do it for the full match. I really think refs are making poor decisions through fatigue a lot of the time. The other advantage of 2 refs is that you almost eliminate the whole 'ref gave us a bad run' by fans after the game because they would be getting calls from both refs. Maybe you could have either a ref in either half or a better solution would be a ref allocated to an end, for example when the ball is going towards one end and the team is attacking, he polices the ruck but when they are defending he has to get them back 10 while the other one police's the ruck better.

Just food for thought but something has to be done. I don't like to whinge about decisions but really, i've watched my team cop the rough end of the pineapple 3 weeks running, today they'll probably get the rub of it. The games shouldn't be like that, decided by officials rather than players. Lastly, scrap touch judges. They are about as useful as a massive LCD screen is to Stevie Wonder. They do nothing except put a a flag when a ball goes through the posts, even close calls on whether a player went into touch goes upstairs these days so get rid of them, waste of space. 2 refs would be better than 1 ref and 2 touchies.

Well said. Robert Finch is supposed to be the man responsible for the referee's performance, surely he has to show a bit of accountability and fall on his sword. Last night was an absolute disgrace, but the things that frustrate us all are when you see Shayne Hayne referee Origin 2, blow no penalties until 51 minutes despite at least one very obvious head high tackle, and the next game have 5 penalties before 10 minutes are up with no conceivable change in intent or major change in penalty offences being impinged. It's like one week he's Steve Clarke, the next week Bill Harrigan, you never know what you're going to get, he IS the ultimate box of chocolates. Ultimately, you can understand a bad error from a referee, but when the video ref has a chance to use common sense they don't? Give me a break. 5 year olds know how to apply common sense, the average video referee, particularly Cooley, West and Nash don't. Those three men should not be video referees, they have culpably cost teams time and time again with no reprimand and in fact on several occasions blindly full support from their manager.

I just want a bit of consistency, unfortunately, it's becoming very apparent that Bill Harrigan kept that ship from sinking too badly, and now that he's gone it's the ultimate Titanic experience. Robert Finch has to go, simple as that, and he should be replaced by Harrigan. At least when Harrigan goes on NRL on Fox he can visually display such things as downward pressure and make sense, everytime I have seen Robert Finch on there he talks about the "processes" "lets protect the referees from media scrutiny and criticism" rather than how do we fix it, what rules are wrong, and more importantly, why are they wrong. And I think the latter is important, but I think he genuinely doesn't have a good enough understanding of it all.

Mark my words, Steve Nash will be in the box next weekend, and he will get a full unreserved defence from Robert Finch in the media should the media take the ball and quiz him on it.

harrigan and finch should be held accountable like the coaches of the clubs are since they're basically the coaches of the refs, how is they have a monopoly on their jobs?

woodgers

Bench
Iafeta said:
Well said. Robert Finch is supposed to be the man responsible for the referee's performance, surely he has to show a bit of accountability and fall on his sword. Last night was an absolute disgrace, but the things that frustrate us all are when you see Shayne Hayne referee Origin 2, blow no penalties until 51 minutes despite at least one very obvious head high tackle, and the next game have 5 penalties before 10 minutes are up with no conceivable change in intent or major change in penalty offences being impinged. It's like one week he's Steve Clarke, the next week Bill Harrigan, you never know what you're going to get, he IS the ultimate box of chocolates. Ultimately, you can understand a bad error from a referee, but when the video ref has a chance to use common sense they don't? Give me a break. 5 year olds know how to apply common sense, the average video referee, particularly Cooley, West and Nash don't. Those three men should not be video referees, they have culpably cost teams time and time again with no reprimand and in fact on several occasions blindly full support from their manager.

I just want a bit of consistency, unfortunately, it's becoming very apparent that Bill Harrigan kept that ship from sinking too badly, and now that he's gone it's the ultimate Titanic experience. Robert Finch has to go, simple as that, and he should be replaced by Harrigan. At least when Harrigan goes on NRL on Fox he can visually display such things as downward pressure and make sense, everytime I have seen Robert Finch on there he talks about the "processes" "lets protect the referees from media scrutiny and criticism" rather than how do we fix it, what rules are wrong, and more importantly, why are they wrong. And I think the latter is important, but I think he genuinely doesn't have a good enough understanding of it all.

Mark my words, Steve Nash will be in the box next weekend, and he will get a full unreserved defence from Robert Finch in the media should the media take the ball and quiz him on it.

I agree with all of that mate. I'd prefer they just admit mistakes and find solutions rather than cover them up.

I have seen the McKinnon no try since this morning and I am absolutely baffled. IF there is any doubt, it should go to the attacking team. There wasn't even doubt! Ridiculous. At this rate they'll find any reason not to give a try and turn it into a Union penalty goal shootout.

Latest posts