What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patrick Herbert

LINESPEED

Juniors
Yes, interesting that he was in our system for so long and yet it appears we have failed to recognise his talent. Quite a few on here called him out. There have been plenty of opportunities for him to play first grade. Even last season when Nighty was struggling Mary went for Pereira ahead of Herbert. Then we let him go this year and sign a bunch of Canterbury cup numpties.

He was a threat to Turnstile - as is Zac

And Waterboy’s long term project has been to get his muchloved protege an Origin jumper.

And shifting Turnstile for even a second from #3 would’ve destroyed that plan

Thus no centre rotation in 4 years

They’ve surely realised Origin ain’t gonna happen

It’s all been a fiction

Game’s up fellas
The 40,000 were baying
Writing’s on the Wall
You won’t get away with this Lovechild for 25 more rounds
as you did with McCrone

and with the media & 90% of the fanbase screaming the obvious

.... we might finally see Lomax @#3?

And BTW
Plod is dead man walking & Cam wrong captain
These refs need Red in their ears (& a boot up their arsse)

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
Good on Herbert, he went well.

But the Warriors still need to fit Tuivasa-Sheck, Kata, Fusitua and Green back into their backline. Might be a while before Pat gets another run. Probably a bit early to declare him the "one that got away".

Perhaps, but he showed tonight that given an opportunity, he can match it, or even dominate one of the best centres in the world...

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Exactly. That's the whole point....was never even given a run in first grade when he was here....why bother spending years developing these guys and then you let them go without giving them a run in the top grade ?
i mentioned this in another thread, the club wants to be known as a club that provides a junior pathway, but the most crucial position in this system is the coach, if he isnt onboard with the system, then its a waste, we might as well be like the roosters and just go out and buy who we like whether established or the best juniours from each club/area, they guys have done their apprenticeship in the lower grades what else do they need to do to prove they're ready, when they see Aitken constantly making they same errors time after time and they still cant get a run in front of him, no option but to leave....

kit66

Bench
I really like Herbert, was sad to see him go but glad someone gave him an opportunity to play firsts. He's good enough, I wish him all the best. I thought him and Garrick were the best of our young reserve backs after Lomax.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I really like Herbert, was sad to see him go but glad someone gave him an opportunity to play firsts. He's good enough, I wish him all the best. I thought him and Garrick were the best of our young reserve backs after Lomax.

There’ll soon be an NRL backline of lost juniors out there - courtesy of the protection racket Waterboy’s been running for our stupendous #3

possm

Coach
Herbert is behind two international wingers there. Fusitua is one of the best in the comp - top tryscorer last year. Seems like he has bigger problems now.

Meanwhile Reuben Garrick starting on the wing for Manly, and Hame Sele who couldn't crack the 17 for us is on the bench for Penrith. He'd have been very handy with De Belin out.
Garrick yes, we don't seem to have replaced like with like with out recruitment for the replacement of Macdonald or Nightingale. I think Garrick would have been a better solution than either Rava or Pereira.

Mary just needed to instil a bit of confidence in Garrick.

possm

Coach
What helped his decision was the fact that he was told he had no future in first grade at this club.

If it weren’t for that, he wouldn’t have gone looking in NZ.
Who told him that Benny V, I do recall that you had a big wrap on Herbert. Again, I think he and Garrick could have handled the two wing spots very well.

Kylez3

Juniors
Garrick probably saw the lack of depth in the outside backs at Manly and took the opportunity with both hands. Might have even been promised a 1st grade starting spot. Garrick is decent but I don't think one should be too upset about him leaving.

Herbert leaving is a real bummer though IMO. Definitely could've been playing ahead of Ravalawa.

BennyV

Referee
Who told him that Benny V, I do recall that you had a big wrap on Herbert. Again, I think he and Garrick could have handled the two wing spots very well.
Not sure who the call came from, but he (along with Sele and Garrick) were told they had no future at the club and were all let go before they signed elsewhere.

Garrick has been surprising with his handling of first grade, but TBH he still looks a tad jittery. Will see how he goes but I’m not so upset by him leaving (other than the fact that we got the call wrong!).

I am a fan of Herbert. He’s got brains to go with his physical attributes and skills. I’m glad he’s made the most of his first chance and I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see him a mainstay in the Warriors backline for the rest of the year (Warriors fans see Kata the same way we see Aitken - strong runner, but rubbish at everything else). Just annoys me as to how we can make a call to release him when our backline is so weak!!

What helped his decision was the fact that he was told he had no future in first grade at this club.

If it weren’t for that, he wouldn’t have gone looking in NZ.
Absolute bullsh1t, but you drama queens can't handle the truth because it gives you nothing to cry about.

Herbert told Millward he wouldn't extend because he and his partner wanted to go to NZ. That is why he was never given a go at 1st grade last year to cover injuries.

Iafeta

Referee
Good on Herbert, he went well.

But the Warriors still need to fit Tuivasa-Sheck, Kata, Fusitua and Green back into their backline. Might be a while before Pat gets another run. Probably a bit early to declare him the "one that got away".

Think they will spell Kata in reserve grade. Kearney alluded to it in the press conference that even though Kata was named, they’d already made the decision to replace him with Patrick. Had one hell of a debut

Belta

Juniors
Absolute bullsh1t, but you drama queens can't handle the truth because it gives you nothing to cry about.

Herbert told Millward he wouldn't extend because he and his partner wanted to go to NZ. That is why he was never given a go at 1st grade last year to cover injuries.

Moving back for family makes sense if you are an established player on a good contract. but what I was alluding to in my earlier post is that If rugby league is your l
chosen career path and you are in that precarious position of trying to cement a first grade spot (to secure your future) than you would above all else look for opportunities at each of the NRL teams and choose one where you are most likely get that all important first break.

In my opinion the dragons 1 to 5 are pretty average when compared with the Warriors and therefore you’d think he’d have more opportunities here. Of course all of this is irrelevant now and to be honest it’s likely we don’t know all the facts ( as politics is rampant in sport, always has been and always will be) In terms of his choice, I really hope he kills it at the Warriors and secures himself a future.

PS his wife family must be from Wollongong as they traveled to NZ for his debut.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
i mentioned this in another thread, the club wants to be known as a club that provides a junior pathway, but the most crucial position in this system is the coach, if he isnt onboard with the system, then its a waste, we might as well be like the roosters and just go out and buy who we like whether established or the best juniours from each club/area, they guys have done their apprenticeship in the lower grades what else do they need to do to prove they're ready, when they see Aitken constantly making they same errors time after time and they still cant get a run in front of him, no option but to leave....
that plus the fact mary doesnt have any idea how good or bad the lower grades are hes too f**kin busy to watch .and i thought he was the senior coach and he should know the capabilities of all his players .well thats what a real coach would know .......

Crush

Coach
that plus the fact mary doesnt have any idea how good or bad the lower grades are hes too f**kin busy to watch .and i thought he was the senior coach and he should know the capabilities of all his players .well thats what a real coach would know .......
How do you know he doesn't watch lower grade games?