What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patrick Herbert

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Anyway, do me a favour let's keep a distance between us and stick to arguing footy and leave it to others as to whether they think I am attacking straw men in their posts.
But we were arguing footy..

Herbert wasn’t named at 14 nor did he play in the 14 jersey for us last year.

The only way it could have been any more about footy is if I was balancing a steeden on my nose whilst typing..

Old Timer

Coach
But we were arguing footy..

Herbert wasn’t named at 14 nor did he play in the 14 jersey for us last year.

The only way it could have been any more about footy is if I was balancing a steeden on my nose whilst typing..
You were not part of the "us" in this instance so get back to where you came from.
Your statement re Herbert not playing in 14 for us was my intent.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You were not part of the "us" in this instance so get back to where you came from.
dawson-crying-animated.gif

- Patrick Herbert has not done better in breaking the shackles of our club. In fact, he wasn't even named in reserve grade prior to allegations coming to light.

- Kurt Mann's role has not changed greatly since breaking the shackles of our club.

- In breaking the shackles of our club, Rueben Garrick has got a start and if this is maintained, his career is on an upward trajectory.

- Hame Sele has a round 1 bench spot after playing 18 games with us over 2 years. Looking at the Panthers reserve grade side (fun fact: Matheson Johns is there), I don't see any high quality 1st grade bench options that he's beaten out. Hypothetically, we can't even be sure he'd make the 17 if Jeremy Latimore was in their squad. Jury is very much out on that one.

- At the end of the day, they're all young men pursuing their dreams and I wish them all the best even if their success means vindicating the bitter old merkin brigade.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Seriously does anyone know what happened to Evander. I remember everyone was devastated we lost him as well as Matt Mundine......Both the next best thing apparently.
No denying their skill set especially Matt Mundine, just didnt have the discipline to make it... Did i read that a club picked up Mundine for this year??

Seriously does anyone know what happened to Evander. I remember everyone was devastated we lost him as well as Matt Mundine......Both the next best thing apparently.

This place tends towards collective amnesia when hindsight doesn't suit the deathriders agenda.

The amount of "ones that got away" that amounted to nothing are ignored by the same people who are up in arms that Jack Bird managed half a good season before being exposed as a plodosaurus rex.

Crush

Coach
This place tends towards collective amnesia when hindsight doesn't suit the deathriders agenda.

The amount of "ones that got away" that amounted to nothing are ignored by the same people who are up in arms that Jack Bird managed half a good season before being exposed as a plodosaurus rex.
Jack who? Is he that fat forward bludging out in the centres for Broncos?

j0nesy

Bench
Had a blinder on Debut against Melbourne tonight...commentators were all giving him massive raps.

Yet not good enough for us according to Mary....

Yes, interesting that he was in our system for so long and yet it appears we have failed to recognise his talent. Quite a few on here called him out. There have been plenty of opportunities for him to play first grade. Even last season when Nighty was struggling Mary went for Pereira ahead of Herbert. Then we let him go this year and sign a bunch of Canterbury cup numpties.

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Yes, interesting that he was in our system for so long and yet it appears we have failed to recognise his talent. Quite a few on here called him out. There have been plenty of opportunities for him to play first grade. Even last season when Nighty was struggling Mary went for Pereira ahead of Herbert. Then we let him go this year and sign a bunch of country cup numpties.
Tackled like a demon tonight, saved a lot of dangerous situations all game

rasaint

Juniors
I have only seen Patrick play on a bit of short YouTube footage.

I had a look at the Melbourne v Warriors tonight.

Tell you what he is quick and powerfully built. He can play alright and a genuine nrl player. What can I say, only I wished he had a shot here.

BTW the Warriors were dudded tonight. Checcin started blowing piggy backs for the storm 2nd half. The last penalty at the play the ball was a total farce. Melbourne bloke sort of slipped over, half got up in a rush and seemed to fumble and bumble the play the ball and storm gets a penalty. Shocking stinker that even Billy Slater said usually is judged as a poor play the ball .

I know I’m paranoid but why do Roosters and Storm get these big calls at crucial times?

Mickthedragon

Juniors

Tell you what he is quick and powerfully built. He can play alright and a genuine nrl player. What can I say, only I wished he had a shot here.

BTW the Warriors were dudded tonight. Checcin started blowing piggy backs for the storm 2nd half. The last penalty at the play the ball was a total farce. Melbourne bloke sort of slipped over, half got up in a rush and seemed to fumble and bumble the play the ball and storm gets a penalty. Shocking stinker that even Billy Slater said usually is judged as a poor play the ball .

I know I’m paranoid but why do Roosters and Storm get these big calls at crucial times?
You're not paranoid, its a farce.
I went today cause i had free members tickets. They are getting more one sided by the week

Belta

Juniors

Both games ruined by the one sided shit ref calls.

Great to see a kid play so well on debut but I find it hard to understand why he would choose to go to the Warriors. They’ve got the best wingers in the comp (although Canberra this year is with them). It’s gunna be very hard for him despite his obvious abilities

Dragonsamy

Bench
Both games ruined by the one sided shit ref calls.

Great to see a kid play so well on debut but I find it hard to understand why he would choose to go to the Warriors. They’ve got the best wingers in the comp (although Canberra this year is with them). It’s gunna be very hard for him despite his obvious abilities

Belta,
His a kiwi and most of his family is there.
That would of help his decision

Latest posts