What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patterson told to look at other clubs

Frederick

Staff member
Can't say I didnt see this coming. He's not performing, and Bennett hates lazy players.

perverse

Referee
i don't see why this is a surprise. im not going to lose sleep over it. it's been years since we saw anything worthwhile from him. was one of my favourite Knights in his debut and sophomore years. has slid down that list into obscurity since. hopefully he makes something of himself somewhere, it would be a gigantic waste of talent otherwise. he seems to have a pea heart.

clear the decks, more established and genuine talent is coming.

Noname36

First Grade
Can't say I'm surprised. It's a shame, because Pato is great for the club off the field, but he's just not having a go on it. I really think he could have been anything under Bennett if he could get his head right, but I can also understand Bennett not wanting a bar of him.

G.I.

Juniors
Just came up on Fox Sports, apparently the Knights have told Patto to find a new club for 2012.

Johns Magic

Referee
Makes a lot of sense, and a few of us here were speculating it could be a logical move.

Can't say I'll be overly disappointed. He has gone backwards at a rate of knots since his debut.

He is a local junior though, which is a sticking point.

Johns Magic

Referee
Hmmm, possibly merge the second thread on this.

Filipo showed more on debut yesterday than Pato has in a long long time. That about sums it up.

perverse

Referee
honestly, Pato hooking up with Team Mundine turned me off the bloke completely. if he was playing good footy then i'm sure it wouldn't irk me as much, but we won't miss him. there will be backlash, because he's a local. the roopys of the world will be fuming.

the one thing he does still have going for him is that he's only 23. if he gets his head right, he could still be something special elsewhere. much like a lot of lazy locals over the past 10 years, i don't know if he would ever reach his best here. just hasn't seemed interested in a long time. i can't remember the last time he had a good, honest dig straight at the line. you need that in your game, as a forward. all the fancy stuff is more or less useless without it.

Last edited:

Adsy

Juniors
Heckers!

Not surprising but surely AK24M deserves the embarrassment of being the first player Bennett tells to GTFO.

G.I.

Juniors
Just started another thread on this, completely didn't see this one. How embarrassing...:oops:

Johns Magic

Referee
Heckers!

Not surprising but surely AK24M deserves the embarrassment of being the first player Bennett tells to GTFO.

Yeah, Bennett telling Pato to go a year early certainly gives me some hope he will tell others to do so as well.

I am fairly sure we still have to carry a portion of Paterson's salary under the cap next year even if he does go elsewhere, don't we?

Can anyone explain how this works?

Johns Magic

Referee
Just started another thread on this, completely didn't see this one. How embarrassing...:oops:

Don't worry mate, we're all Knights fans here so no embarrassment at all.

Good to have you on board giving the goss. On the couch on a Monday watching Fox Sports News, yet still managing to contribute to society via the forum, well done.

You are a Knights fan right? Where did G.I. come from???

Adsy

Juniors
There is a classic 2 sentance story on the fox sports website that labels Patto a prop and the reason we don't won't him being the signing of Snowden.

perverse

Referee
I am fairly sure we still have to carry a portion of Paterson's salary under the cap next year even if he does go elsewhere, don't we?

Can anyone explain how this works?
i believe that depends entirely on the deal struck between the 2 clubs. if you were taking a liability into your squad (such as AK), then yeah you would probably have to pay to get rid of him. if you can sell the bloke you're getting rid of as a prospect - or if you're offloading a player with good value, then you may get the other club to pay you to get him.

with Pato, i don't think we'd have too much trouble finding a club willing to take him off our hands for full price, especially if he has had interest from other clubs already. a straight up contract release would do the trick. for all his laziness, there is no denying the underlying talent. there are clubs that will want him.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
It is disappointing consider all the potential he showed in the first 2 seasons, and who knows what Bennett could have done with him :(

I'm still one of the people that would prefer to keep him over someone like Houston.

All the best Pato!

RABK

Referee
Parra are the club interested.

No bigger reality check than WB saying 'you're too lazy even for me to fix'

RABK

Referee
I'm guessing a website with spam in it's name isn't a reputable source :lol:

Parra are the club interested. There is no bigger reality check than WB saying "you're too lazy even for me to fix"

G.I.

Juniors
Don't worry mate, we're all Knights fans here so no embarrassment at all.

Good to have you on board giving the goss. On the couch on a Monday watching Fox Sports News, yet still managing to contribute to society via the forum, well done.

You are a Knights fan right? Where did G.I. come from???

My name is Grant Ingledine. G.I.

Latest posts