What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patterson told to look at other clubs

Yep. Covering their butts to stop the fallout. This will cause an uproar and people will start the I told u so arguments about HSG. Here we go again!

Johns Magic

Referee
You'd think we must be fairly sure of Boyd and Myles coming to release a player who would cause an uproar like this.

It wouldn't be a decision made in hope.

perverse

Referee
You'd think we must be fairly sure of Boyd and Myles coming to release a player who would cause an uproar like this.

It wouldn't be a decision made in hope.
no, you'd have to think something has prompted this behind the scenes, for sure.

G.I.

Juniors
Joe Tomane makes his 2011 debut tonight and is off contact at the end of the year. I have always had a bit of a man crush on Joe Tomane as a player (Big, strong and great in the air), and if he can improve his defence (word is that he has in QLD cup) would be an ideal centre for the Knights next year. Be interested to see how he goes tonight.
Thoughts??

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Tomane just vanished into a black hole when he went up to the tits. he's still only 21. i'd have him... he was looking the goods.

Johns Magic

Referee
I like how you think G.I.

However, Bennett seems to love him two very defensively solid centres. I think Tomane may be seen as too risky by him.

Tomane is a star in attack though, as good as any centre in the NRL.

Johns Magic

Referee
Tomane just vanished into a black hole when he went up to the tits. he's still only 21. i'd have him... he was looking the goods.

Cartwright is the most boring coach in the NRL and would rather pick a dull backrower in the centres than someone with a bit of flair.

That is essentially what has happened to Tomane.

aqua_duck

Coach
Joe Tomane is a man child, he's a monster now from what I've heard (around the 110kg mark), his biggest Achilles heal is his defence, he was made to look stupid by Willie Tonga last year I remember. I personally wouldn't mind him, would be cheap and has plenty of up side

perverse

Referee
he wouldn't be the first bloke made to look stupid by Willie Tonga... especially the first young bloke. defence you can teach, many of Tomanes attributes you cannot, though. he's worth a punt at the very least... the way he's been used up there must have decreased his value a bit one would think.

Jono078

Referee
I think it's Boyd, Myles and Buderus, close to a 1 mill between them you'd think.

De Gois and Paterson going frees up anywhere from 350-550k

K-Man

Bench
I was at Kogarah Oval to watch that Paterson debut... he made a clean line break with his first touch of the ball in first grade I believe. Ran onto the ball at full pace and threw in some neat footwork at the line and just cut them straight open. I thought he was going to be one hell of a player.

In the good days he used to be such an edge threat with his ability to throw a selective pass or great off-load, but now it seems like they are the only things he wants to do and that tackling and running the ball straight are beneath him.

Houston, Costigan, Taia, Filipo, O'Donnell, Tetevano, Edwards, Taufua, Hilder, Cook, maybe Myles... all can play backrow (some middle, some edge - but that's plenty of options regardless).

Alex28

Coach
LOL, he is now a South Perth junior.

What a joke. Why the romance around bringing back Taree City junior Danny Buderus and Bourke junior Timana Tahu then?

They are being very selective around what constitutes one of our own and what doesn't.

Jono078

Referee
How do you figure that? Buderus on 250K or something???

No way in hell.
Lol I just said close to a mill..

If you go by reports I think it'll be about 400k Myles 400k Boyd 180k Buderus.

I might be way off, but Boyd and Myles between those 2 will be 650k-800k.

Johns Magic

Referee
Lol I just said close to a mill..

If you go by reports I think it'll be about 400k Myles 400k Boyd 180k Buderus.

I might be way off, but Boyd and Myles between those 2 will be 650k-800k.

Reports I've read have Myles at 350K, and I think that's been inflated. I don't think Myles will take 350K under our cap even if he does get 350K worth from us.

Snowden's contract was worth 400K a year but he only counted as 320K under the cap.

And I think we could get Buderus for less than 180K(or I hope)...

Gotta think by today's events that Myles and Boyd r close to signing. Pato going will add 200-300k to our warchest. What Bennett has exposed is how r star players have held this club to ransom for years a fact that people ignore time and time again when it comes to local juniors. Joey started it then wondered why he finished with the spoon in 05.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Hmm yeah, I have no idea what we'll offer Buderus. Part of me thinks he'll play for bare minimum in hopes of wining premiership, but at the same time he's still a quality player and 180k isn't overs or anything.

slotmachine

First Grade
Massively over rated by most Knights fans.
Hasn't done anything since 2008.
Is always injured.
Been getting by on reputation and potential.

Thanks for the memories.