What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patterson told to look at other clubs

RHCP

Bench
Pato playing the victim is really starting to piss me off. He makes it sound as if he's been a world beater for the last five years and we're kicking him out on his arse.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah I think Pato has carried himself well throughout the whole ordeal to be honest.

He hasn't whinged too much, and said he understood it wasn't personal and was purely a business decision from Bennett, and that he's sure he'd get a bit of closure about it when they get a chance to have a chat.

Reynoldson puts him to shame, and had much less reason to be upset.

RHCP

Bench
His spiel about wanting to be a knight for life just rubbed me the wrong way. As if we owe him something.

Big Tim

First Grade
A player gets told he isnt wanted, and is reported to say he wanted to be a Knight for life???

What a lowlife !!!

Maybe he feels like he owes the Knights something.......

Johns Magic

Referee
His spiel about wanting to be a knight for life just rubbed me the wrong way. As if we owe him something.

I think that's to be expected in this scenario though, when players are asked what they think.

But in the same article(from memory) he talked about how he has to think of his future now and it may be at another club. I think that showed that he is not dwelling on it.

Big Tim

First Grade
Would you rather him say "Oh good, I didn't see myself here in the future anyway"?

Especially when he had a contract in place that would take him through to the end of next year.....

Ever been sacked before?

Ever been sacked, but then expected to put your body on the line for this same organisation for the next few months?

I wouldnt take it anywhere near as well as he has.

Any chance that Benny is using reverse Psychology in Pato's case? Maybe he knows that Nasser can't deal so he is buying Pato time to show why he deserves to be at the club.

Serc

First Grade
I am wondering this too Newie...be interesting to see what happens for the rest of this year when Pato is 100% fit again :)

Noname36

First Grade
Any chance that Benny is using reverse Psychology in Pato's case? Maybe he knows that Nasser can't deal so he is buying Pato time to show why he deserves to be at the club.

In Pato's case, that wouldn't be the worst thing. He's still very young, with all the potential in the world...he's just lazy. The way Pato handles this will tell us everything about his character. If he runs to Bennett begging for another chance because he loves the club (as much as he says he does), then I would have no issues letting him see out his contract next year to see what he can do. Considering he's following instructions from Nesser though, I think he'll run to the highest bidder...and if he does that then good riddance. Pato has a lot of talent, but we don't want lazy, money hungry players at the club. He can piss off to LOL@50uff$ if that's the case.

I hope he's not using reverse psychology on Kaufusi though. I want him gone!

Spot On

Coach
Well Patto would have been gone after next year anyway. He has a manager that can't deal with NRL clubs. To me that's a sign saying, "It's been nice and thanks for everything, but I'm with Khoder now and he doesn't dig the NRL so I'm off to try another sport!" Good luck.

Matt23

Staff member
Well Patto would have been gone after next year anyway. He has a manager that can't deal with NRL clubs. To me that's a sign saying, "It's been nice and thanks for everything, but I'm with Khoder now and he doesn't dig the NRL so I'm off to try another sport!" Good luck.
Exactly.

Spot On

Coach
Well he can't. Unless he is going to negotiate his own contract that is. If he's going to do that then why have Khoder as his manager. He's gone even if he wants to stay unless he gets a new manager or negotiates a new deal himself. Patto needs to make a few big decisions ASAP for him and his family's future.

Johns Magic

Referee
Well he can't. Unless he is going to negotiate his own contract that is. If he's going to do that then why have Khoder as his manager. He's gone even if he wants to stay unless he gets a new manager or negotiates a new deal himself. Patto needs to make a few big decisions ASAP for him and his family's future.

I'm sure he will find a way to stay in the NRL if he wants.

Willie Mason's manager wasn't NRL accredited, so he had Sam Ayoub negotiate his Cowboys contract.

I doubt it will be that big a deal to be honest, he'll just hook up with another agent to get the papers done or something.

Spot On

Coach
I'm sure he will find a way to stay in the NRL if he wants.

Willie Mason's manager wasn't NRL accredited, so he had Sam Ayoub negotiate his Cowboys contract.

I doubt it will be that big a deal to be honest, he'll just hook up with another agent to get the papers done or something.

Exactly. Why is he managed by this bloke in the first place then? How many players would have an agent that can't represent them and then get another one to do a deal for them when they need a manager to negotiate. I'm assuming Khoder gets paid by Patterson for managing his affairs?? Very unusual situation.

By the way, that bloke that negotiated Mason's contract is now a Nasser clone - he can't deal with the NRL either. Smart blokes hey.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
Becoming an Accredited Player Agent doesn't sound too difficult- pay $2200 and fill in a form. Probably why there are around 90 or so in the NRL.

I'm not defending Nasser, but why would he need to be an Accredited Player Agent before the news of Paterson being offloaded came about? His only other clients are a boxer and 2 union players. For all we know he may have been planning to become accredited in September in time for negotiating Paterson's next contract. I doubt anybody, including Nasser, saw Paterson being shopped around 1 year early.

Latest posts