What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patterson told to look at other clubs

Yosh

Coach
Think we should just stick to footy guys. Leave players' personal lives out of it.

Patto has been playing like arse therefore should be dropped.

Pedge1971

First Grade
just on Nev. Was very impressed with his first full game in knights colours. He'll only get better once he gets a few matches under his belt. A forward pack with Snowden, Costigan, Taia, House, Myles, Tui, Edwards, Cook/O'Donnell would be premiership-worthy amazing.

Sorry if this has been discussed in another thread, but I thought Filipo was really good on debut on the weekend. Never heard of him till I saw him run on. Seems to have an offload on him and was a really strong debut. Noticed he is not even mentioned on above list?

Hooch

Juniors
Khoder will cruel whatever chance he has. Mind you he's had plenty of time in FG to cement his spot.

perverse

Referee
Why refer to his wage, that has nothing to do with your original comment? You said he hadn't performed for years and I pointed out that you are incorrect as he was the teams best player, or very close to it for the first half of the year. :lol:
i'm sorry, but it has everything to do with it. what do you think the word "worthwhile" means? shall i get you a dictionary? do you think i just randomly mash my face on the keyboard when i post?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I wonder what the reason is/was for telling Pato to look elsewhere. Was it so we can get Myles (although we've missed out on him already) and/or Boyd and/or re-sign De Gois? Or was it just Wayne saying "I have enough blokes here at the Dragons that want to come with me and I know the way I want the Knights to play next year."

What happens if we miss out on all three? Do we then go running back to Pato and say "oh sorry mate, do you want to stay?"

G.I.

Juniors
I wonder what the reason is/was for telling Pato to look elsewhere. Was it so we can get Myles (although we've missed out on him already) and/or Boyd and/or re-sign De Gois? Or was it just Wayne saying "I have enough blokes here at the Dragons that want to come with me and I know the way I want the Knights to play next year."

What happens if we miss out on all three? Do we then go running back to Pato and say "oh sorry mate, do you want to stay?"

I was under the impression that it was to provide money to the 'done deal' we had with Myles. Now i just dont know..

cram

Bench
Firstly it is unfortunate that TSG gained support, partly on their commitment to making the Knights a local team and that one of the first casualities is going to be a bloke who for all intentional purposes is a local junior. Given the level of mentality of some of the people frequenting facebook and writing into the Herald it is no suprise it has caused a bit of a stir.

On the flip side however, you can't expect to have arguably the best coach in the game or perhaps that ever has been thus far in the RL and not expect him impose his stamp on the team.

I am happy to trust WB to make the right decisions. I actually believe that we will see some of juniors progressed more rapidly under Bennett.

red and blue

Juniors
I belive that Pato is being told to go simply because there are clubs out there that will pay the money he is on it will free cap space .

AK on the other hand wont be going anywhere id imagine as I dont think any other club would pay the money hes on here to free any cap space.

I would love nothing more then to see Pato stay I really thought that under Bennett we may see what hes really got. When he first come into grade I thought this guy is something really special.

He hasnt delivered on that but in his defence he has suffered through a illness came back and has been injured a few times.

I would just have really liked Bennett to give him 1 year to see if he could have got the best out of him.

B-dos

Referee
he is being told to go because he isnt up to the standard we are after

local boy or not - we want top quality football players able to mix it with the best

at close to 300k he was hugely overpaid. in addition we have a plethora of backrowers willing and able to take his place

excellent move by the club to cut under performing players like Patterson and clear the decks for real talent

Jobdog

Live Update Team
he is being told to go because he isnt up to the standard we are after

local boy or not - we want top quality football players able to mix it with the best

at close to 300k he was hugely overpaid. in addition we have a plethora of backrowers willing and able to take his place

excellent move by the club to cut under performing players like Patterson and clear the decks for real talent
Excuse my emo-ism and perhaps I need to be a little more patient, but what exactly is this standard we're after and how has it gone so far? I know we've signed Snowden, but who else are we likely to sign? Maybe I was in my own little dreamland, but I expected we'd have signed a few more players by now; after all, I thought it was going to be a semi-steady procession of "quality" players heading to Newy next year. We've signed one, been knocked back by what, two or three others who we thought were just about certainties to come here. At the moment we've still got the same squad we've got this year, just with the addition of Snowden; that doesn't constitute an instant top four side.

I know we should all live by the same mantra that the Dragons fans have - "In Wayne we trust", but I would have just preferred Pato was around for next year; the bloke's got the talent, perhaps he just needed a kick up the arse.

Nuffy

Bench
Excuse my emo-ism and perhaps I need to be a little more patient, but what exactly is this standard we're after and how has it gone so far? I know we've signed Snowden, but who else are we likely to sign? Maybe I was in my own little dreamland, but I expected we'd have signed a few more players by now; after all, I thought it was going to be a semi-steady procession of "quality" players heading to Newy next year. We've signed one, been knocked back by what, two or three others who we thought were just about certainties to come here. At the moment we've still got the same squad we've got this year, just with the addition of Snowden; that doesn't constitute an instant top four side.

I know we should all live by the same mantra that the Dragons fans have - "In Wayne we trust", but I would have just preferred Pato was around for next year; the bloke's got the talent, perhaps he just needed a kick up the arse.

Its an interesting point and one with some merit, it seems after the first flushes of success, Tinkler taking over and Bennett signing, things went quiet, they signed Snowden and brushed by Idris, Myles and I reckon Boyd.

We've released Pato and it looks like De Gois, I would have hoped that by now our roster was looking appreciably stronger than it is currently.

We need to trust Bennett but I suspect that even the club would have hoped to be further advanced than they are currently.

B-dos

Referee

we are after players of the calibre of myles, idris and snowden

1 from three is certainly an improvement for our club and the fact myles went to live close to his family says to me we were a long shot of ever getting him. we probably couldnt afford idris on mega bucks. even tinkler and bennett cant make the cap go away

i certainly didnt expect the floodgates to open within a few weeks of tinkler and bennett coming on board. in fact im far more expecting a lean year this year while we offload the dead wood and bennett begins to rebuild next year along with more quality signings. i could be proven wrong and i would be happy if i was, but im not expecting instant miracles either

Johns Magic

Referee
Its an interesting point and one with some merit, it seems after the first flushes of success, Tinkler taking over and Bennett signing, things went quiet, they signed Snowden and brushed by Idris, Myles and I reckon Boyd.

We've released Pato and it looks like De Gois, I would have hoped that by now our roster was looking appreciably stronger than it is currently.

We need to trust Bennett but I suspect that even the club would have hoped to be further advanced than they are currently.

Let's be real here, Idris signed with the Titans before we signed Bennett.

Myles we missed, yes.

And of course you think we have lost out on Boyd, you are King Pessimism after all. We may, but I am not going to hold that against HSG yet.

If we had signed Myles yesterday, we would all say how unbelievably well we were doing, and wondering how it would fit under the cap.

A bit of perspective guys, please.

G.I.

Juniors
Its an interesting point and one with some merit, it seems after the first flushes of success, Tinkler taking over and Bennett signing, things went quiet, they signed Snowden and brushed by Idris, Myles and I reckon Boyd.[/B]

Anyone know the latest on Boyd. Havn't heard a thing about him in weeks. Every day this drags on longer i think more and more that he wants to stay at the dragons:x

cram

Bench
I don't think he wants to stay at the Dragons I would say he is eying a return to the Broncos.

Noname36

First Grade

That's bullshit. The Knights have already said that their talks with Myles never even went past the preliminary stage. The rest was all just media hype. I'd hardly say that we were "brushed" by him when we never even gave him a proper offer. There's been strong mail also that we pulled the Idris bid, and also, lets not forget that the money that Idris is rumored to have signed for at the Titans, was a lot more than what we apparently offered him. I'm sure the exact numbers from the media are off, but still their offer was a lot higher even when leaving room for media stuff ups. We haven't heard anything from Boyd.

We'll be fine. I'm not taking missing out on Myles (when we didn't even table him a proper offer!) and Idris (who's offer was probably pulled) as a sign that we're falling behind where we should be. We signed Bennett and Snowy who were by far the most important to us, and we're still a shot at Boyd. If someone would have told me last year that we'd have Bennett and Snowden, I would have laughed at them. We've done incredibly well. Some people are just greedy.

Johns Magic

Referee
We could win the premiership and Nuffy would find a way to get all emo when we lose the World Club Challenge.

Remember 05 Nuffbag? We've come a long way.

Wato

Juniors
Reported on seven news last night that Boyd has told the Dragons he will be at Newcastle next year. Also in a interview he said it would be silly to not take the opportunity to continue to be coached be Bennett. I so hope he comes here, he is awesome to watch.

Johns Magic

Referee
Reported on seven news last night that Boyd has told the Dragons he will be at Newcastle next year. Also in a interview he said it would be silly to not take the opportunity to continue to be coached be Bennett. I so hope he comes here, he is awesome to watch.

Wow, hopefully it's all true.

Latest posts