What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patterson told to look at other clubs

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm sick of having players with " potential" and not ones with "ability" and "form".

Also offloading him now is for accounting purposes. We need to lose his contract from the salary cap. We have an adequate offer now - obviously not worth the risk in waiting for a better one.

I can see the logic from both teams, cowboys get a player who they think they can turn around and they get him for a year and a half for the price of 1 year, we rid ourselves of a $280k burden and a player who has regressed dramatically over the past few seasons

Pato has always been a decent person but he has believed every word written about him and thought that is where the effort started and ended for him. JT won't cop him being lazy so I hope if he heads to NQ he gets his act together on the field.

I honestly won't miss him.

I'd like to think when Bennett has turned our pack into an effective bunch of workers, I will be able to reminisce about the days when we had guys like Pato in our backrow who didn't like to do the hard yards that successful teams needed.

Harsh, but it's the way I'm looking at it.

That and his part of team Mundine.

Great work by the club cutting out the cancer before it had a chance to infect other players.

billy2

Juniors
I never really rated him through the juniors and thought we would have been better to give Larry Tuafua or Jacob Ling the shot at a seniors spot, but having said that, he really aimed up for a year or two and his form in reserve grade and his early form in firstgrade had me thinking he was going to be something special, but in hindsight he never was more than a decent firstgrader for about a third of his games, and a fringe player for the rest.

Frederick

Staff member
For someone who "bleeds red and blue" he sure couldn't move fast enough could he

Johns Magic

Referee
I can't blame him one bit.

If he'd kicked up a stink and refused to leave we'd all be pretty dirty on him, I think he's done the right thing for everyone.

Nuffy

Bench
Good luck to the bloke, I hope he doesn't kick on too well though..............

We all have faith in Bennett but it would be really great to see the jigsaw going together quicker than it is, there seems to be a lot of departures and not many additions right now.

Pato is a good kid. His brave fight against the D word was inspiring. Maybe we just were too soft on a footy level with him. Hope Henry can get him to be the player we know he can be on a consistent basis.

Serc

First Grade
I'm pretty sure Onslow (or someone else at the club) was quoted a few weeks ago saying that we had a chat to Myles, and that was about it. Can't find it after a quick search though but yeah I'm fairly sure of it.

Yeah, good luck Pato. He's a Novocastrian through and through even though he was born in Perth - never knew that until I checked him out on wikipedia which already shows him as playing for Nth Qld.
It just hasn't gone his way and a change will do him good. I reckon we might be chasing him in a few years.

rnb11

Juniors
I remember at one point I think it was Troy Palmer that said it's possible to have all 3 (Boyd, Snowden and Myles) so I'm sure we've got our eye on someone big... still haven't heard anything official on Bird extending his stay at Titans, still might be a possibility for us?

Pedge1971

First Grade
I remember at one point I think it was Troy Palmer that said it's possible to have all 3 (Boyd, Snowden and Myles) so I'm sure we've got our eye on someone big... still haven't heard anything official on Bird extending his stay at Titans, still might be a possibility for us?

Other than Bird (only a maybe at best), what is left in the market for next year?

rnb11

Juniors
Not much to get excited over really, Sika Manu and Aaron Payne are the only two that grab my attention

Pedge1971

First Grade
Not much to get excited over really, Sika Manu and Aaron Payne are the only two that grab my attention

Free up the cap, focus on identifying you blokes capacle of making FG and get the discipline and basics right. Sign the big name(s) for 2013.

ClintDogg

Juniors
I hope he never comes back. He was a waste and always injured. Hes not even that big of a guy, he looks huge on the feild but there are bigger people in this world than him.

Good luck to him in NQ, but never come back to newy goto Perth.