What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinner Ale better half than Nico.

Chimp

Bench
He was mentioned in the above media article LOL

He won't win it. Atko wouldn't have won it.

It'll be one of the fast, flashy, little box office players that wins it.
God knows how I missed that.

Iro should 100% win it, he’s been more than a solid first grader, he’s been ultra consistent. But I agree, it will go to a media favourite who has the odd flash of brilliance.

NotaJourno

Juniors
Under NRL rules, any player who has a gap of two years or more between their first and second NRL game, will no longer be considered a rookie.
Atkinson’s second NRL game - three years after his first match - was in round four this season.
But he actually played for 2 minutes against Storm last year so this whole article is wrong, so does that make him eligible again?

But he actually played for 2 minutes against Storm last year so this whole article is wrong, so does that make him eligible again?
They still qualify if it's 5 games or under (I think). But they don't qualify if it's more than two years since they played First Grade, that's the premise of the article.
That's why Iro still qualifies as a rookie, he had only played one game before this year and it fell under the two year period.