What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Green

Imagine a team co-coached by Green and Macgregor!

A guaranteed 2 points for their opponents.

I'm starting to wonder if Green is sabotaging the club so they pay out his contract early.

axl rose

Bench

I'm starting to wonder if Green is sabotaging the club so they pay out his contract early.
Robbed them blind twice. He was a 'marquee' signing for the Cows as a player back in the day, what a dud. Yeah I know 2015, but with Neil Henrys team. Which of those players did he blood himself?

Robbed them blind twice. He was a 'marquee' signing for the Cows as a player back in the day, what a dud. Yeah I know 2015, but with Neil Henrys team. Which of those players did he blood himself?
He never did anything for us on the field.

Dean Pay would be a massive improvement over Green.

jim_57

Staff member

Green has done his job and I don't resent him nor do I think many if any Cowboy's fans would, but it is definitely a time for change for club and coach. He will forever be in the history books as the first premiership coach but the club need a different approach after 2 years of bottom 4 finishes and looking likely for 3.

Even 2017 we were very very lucky to make the 8 and I contribute the Grand Final run to Morgan pulling the best 3 games of his career moreso than Green's coaching.

Green has done his job and I don't resent him nor do I think many if any Cowboy's fans would, but it is definitely a time for change for club and coach. He will forever be in the history books as the first premiership coach but the club need a different approach after 2 years of bottom 4 finishes and looking likely for 3.

Even 2017 we were very very lucky to make the 8 and I contribute the Grand Final run to Morgan pulling the best 3 games of his career moreso than Green's coaching.
Green was a very good coach in the day, and has the potential ro be one again, but he needs a new environment.

Ethan Lowe and Lachlan Coote regressed badly under him. Lowe seems to be doing alright now. I don't know how Coote is going. Green has not had a positive impact on any of the current squad.

beave

Coach

He brought Jake Granville, Ben Hannant and John Asiata into the club, and then he had Lachlan Coote back on the field after being out for all of 2014. But yes, the majority of that GF winning team was already assembled by Henry. The both deserve a lot of credit for the premiership.

shear_joy9

Coach

still plenty of things Green can try.

HatefulHeftyGalapagosalbatross-small.gif

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
This is a bittersweet feeling. Paul Green was a God-send for the club with his impact immediately felt through the club. I know I am biased, but the 2015 grand final highlights will overshadow many other grand finals for the next decade or two as it was such a historic first premiership for the club, the region and Johnathan Thurston.

By mid 2016, the signs were there that we were already regressing, but had enough talent to overachieve by the finals and make top 4 (though the Sharks tore us to shreds in the finals). 2017 was another year of regressing, but we fell into the finals, then put in three historic underdog performances that covered up all the cracks in the squad (until we were flogged by Melbourne).

2018 to 2020 has just been a case of all those cracks being exposed, and no lucky finals runs to cover everything up.

I actually think that as time goes on, the Cowboys fans will once again respect Paul Green's achievements at the club. But right now, I am very pleased we have made this decision (not that this will mean we are guaranteed to turn the club around immediately).

Latest posts