Paul McGregor Extension

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Crush, Apr 16, 2019.

1. hewi

hewi Juniors

So let me understand this, it’s not about winning a premiership , it’s about supplying players for S of O or test football, plus having all the politically correct man management words. I hope they all sink or swim by this decision and if we have failed by years end they all quit and walk away in shame. Where is the the winning culture, ala The Storm or Roosters?

2. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Boys club....welcome aboard Trent.

3. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Bench

I really can't believe the jargon and double speak that Johnston uses to rationalize this decision.
    Puppet of the Board.with no foresight.
    Just happy to keep going down the McGregor path with no premiership in sight.
    I am now convinced that if we finished 7th or 8th over the next 2 years, McGregor would be in line for yet another extension.
    This board is not about winning titles it's about seat warming and covering for each other.
    On a the road to mediocrity underwritten by the Illawarra white ants that have destroyed this once mighty football club.

4. _Johnsy

_Johnsy Referee

A couple of things are clear.
    #Jobsfortheboys
    #Cheapestoption

blacksafake, Gareth67 and getsmarty like this.
  5. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

image.jpg
    But why ?

6. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

this
    All thats missing now is Brownie in some form of coaching capacity or he can be used to slap players around , then we will have the old crew back together again ......

7. Dorothy the Winowhore

Dorothy the Winowhore Juniors

People think women are emotional. My God, I have never seen a bigger group of emotional cry babies. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Man the [email protected] up and show you have balls. Just because you don't like him or don't want him, doesn't mean we aren't going to get him. Show the team some support for Christs sake.

Or is it now D4L, but only when they don't make me cry!

Saints supporter, Carrera28 and RedV1 like this.
  8. Dorothy the Winowhore

Dorothy the Winowhore Juniors

Getsmarty. Your little sook about losing Robson, we have a better hooker petal. And the other one you were hinting about us losing I believe is Kerr. Well, guess what? We have better props than him too. The NRL circle of life. Has been like this for years and years, and will be same for another 100 years when Mary has finally retired.

Carrera28 and RedV1 like this.
  9. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

Who in their right mind would allow this to happen :thumbsdown:

getsmarty and Dennis Papaioannou like this.
  10. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

They're all a pack of self serving bullshiters

11. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

O
    Robson is not a 'local' junior, disgusting case of neglect by management

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  12. Crush

Crush First Grade

I find this post sexist. Show some respect to men.

13. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Bench

More balls than you Madam...
    You can keep spouting your shallow remarks that are mostly empty nonsense.
    The people on this forum have every right to offer opinions without having to be castigated by you.
    It's funny that you seem to be so judgemental of others - telling us to "man the [email protected] up" and "show you have some balls".
    What does that have to do with anything or do those comments make you feel important and more relevant?
    Here is my point of view:
    1. Your are confusing emotion with passion when it comes to the posters that seem to annoy you.
    2. Have nothing against Paul McGregor personally - just fed up with his coaching over the last 5 years and disillusioned that we have just been saddled with another 2 years of the same.
    I repeat what I told you once before. You miss the point about McGregor. The anti sentiment comes from the circumstances of his appointment and subsequent extension(s). Try and understand what has really upset people before mouthing off.
    3. You should never doubt that I or all the posters on here support the Team.
    Probably support the team a lot more than you by the sounds of it.
    Just because we don't agree with what's going on doesn't mean we don't support our Team.

If you want to put an argument forward then show some courtesy and respect before screeching like a banshee..

Tuddy, ALSGI, to_ddeath and 4 others like this.
  14. redandwhite4evr

redandwhite4evr Juniors

Well said Dennis- I find it incomprehensible that a coach with a history of April/ May premierships and late season fadeouts is being extended before we've had a chance to see if he's learned his lesson.

15. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

They've rolled out their bulls**t.....he's loved by everyone......that's more important than being truly professional and winning premierships in their feeble minds

16. Bring back John Fifita

Bring back John Fifita First Grade

So Paul McGregor is now the sole person responsible for talent management in the entire dragons squad...

Turning away young prospects...

:thinking:

17. Bring back John Fifita

Bring back John Fifita First Grade

That “stutter” came at the hands of the dragons coached by Paul McGregor. when everyone in the Rugby League world, barring optimistic dragons fans didn’t give us a hope. I didn’t think we’d win that game but we did. Last season we finished the highest since we won the Comp in 2010.

I accept that the club has signed him to a contract extension and I’m ok with that. But what’s more important than my opinion or anyone else’s here is that the players are happy with that.

Would I have preferred a Bellamy, Bennett in charge, absolutely. But There’s not a glut of good coaches out there hanging about to be signed up. Especially of the likes of those two..

There are a glut of coaches who’ve been white-anted by players aka “senior leadership group”.. and the club has imploded.. We don’t have that issue. To have a team who want to “play for the coach” is a great thing. We have that.

Currently we are 3-2 including 3 road games (two in qld). To me that’s a solid start to the year.

I’m looking at the positives. Of what we have. Not what we don’t have. To focus on negatives will make me as miserable and angry as many of the people in here.. I’d rather be positive than a sack of misery...

ALSGI, Carrera28 and RedV1 like this.
  18. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

This :100:
    Well said Dennis

Dennis Papaioannou likes this.
  19. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

L plates reaction when he hears the words game plan or you are allowed to use your full bench you know :grinning:

Warabrook saint and Gareth67 like this.
  20. KogarahWarrior

KogarahWarrior Juniors

he's the coach, he picks the run on side