What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor Extension

hewi

Bench
So let me understand this, it’s not about winning a premiership , it’s about supplying players for S of O or test football, plus having all the politically correct man management words. I hope they all sink or swim by this decision and if we have failed by years end they all quit and walk away in shame. Where is the the winning culture, ala The Storm or Roosters?

getsmarty

Immortal
So let me understand this, it’s not about winning a premiership , it’s about supplying players for S of O or test football, plus having all the politically correct man management words. I hope they all sink or swim by this decision and if we have failed by years end they all quit and walk away in shame. Where is the the winning culture, ala The Storm or Roosters?

Boys club....welcome aboard Trent.

"Dragons chief executive Brian Johnston said the decision to re-sign McGregor was one made on the basis of several factors.

"Paul's retention has come down to more than just the football played on the field," Johnston said.

"Paul is a values-driven, team-first individual who is at the forefront of personal development for both he and his players.

"A testament of this is the number of Dragons who have achieved higher representative honours and those to have successfully debuted under Paul's tutelage, as well as the club's improved results in recent seasons.

"Paul's emotional intelligence and man management attributes are key to him being well-respected throughout the playing group and the club's staff in its entirety, which is another crucial reason for his extension."

My translation of the above..so it is not about on field results. OK except he mentioned recent years. Oh...He made the final 6 in 2018. That was the benchmark!
Higher representative honours for NSW anyway was the player skill not the coaching. And regards for overseas countries well Canterbury Cup players have made international debut's.
I really can't believe the jargon and double speak that Johnston uses to rationalize this decision.
Puppet of the Board.with no foresight.
Just happy to keep going down the McGregor path with no premiership in sight.
I am now convinced that if we finished 7th or 8th over the next 2 years, McGregor would be in line for yet another extension.
This board is not about winning titles it's about seat warming and covering for each other.
On a the road to mediocrity underwritten by the Illawarra white ants that have destroyed this once mighty football club.

hazzbeen

Bench
I really can't believe the jargon and double speak that Johnston uses to rationalize this decision.
Puppet of the Board.with no foresight.
Just happy to keep going down the McGregor path with no premiership in sight.
I am now convinced that if we finished 7th or 8th over the next 2 years, McGregor would be in line for yet another extension.
This board is not about winning titles it's about seat warming and covering for each other.
On a the road to mediocrity underwritten by the Illawarra white ants that have destroyed this once mighty football club.
this
Boys club....welcome aboard Trent.
All thats missing now is Brownie in some form of coaching capacity or he can be used to slap players around , then we will have the old crew back together again ......

People think women are emotional. My God, I have never seen a bigger group of emotional cry babies. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Man the f@ck up and show you have balls. Just because you don't like him or don't want him, doesn't mean we aren't going to get him. Show the team some support for Christs sake.

Or is it now D4L, but only when they don't make me cry!

Getsmarty. Your little sook about losing Robson, we have a better hooker petal. And the other one you were hinting about us losing I believe is Kerr. Well, guess what? We have better props than him too. The NRL circle of life. Has been like this for years and years, and will be same for another 100 years when Mary has finally retired.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Cowboys to sign former Australian schoolboys hooker Reece Robson from Dragons

The Cowboys are set to win the battle to sign exciting young Dragons hooker Reece Robson.

The 20-year-old Robson broke into first-grade last season and looked the goods in his two games in the Big Red V.

But with established hooker Cameron McInnes able to play 80 minutes a week, Robson has had a frustrating time at the Dragons.

He faces a similar dilemma at the Cowboys, where Jake Granville is the No.1 hooker, but Granville does not always play full games and coach Paul Green has been using veteran Kurt Baptiste in his 17-man rotation.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F00a40190-7b51-4f15-93b7-12680fa1c5b5

Reece Robson in action for the Junior Kangaroos. (Getty)
A host of clubs, including the Bulldogs, have been chasing Robson, who was the Dragons’ NSW Cup Player of the Year last season.

But Wide World of Sports has learned that the former Australian Schoolboy has all but come to terms with the Cowboys.

The news will come as a boost to Cowboys fans, who have been unhappy with the club’s poor start to the season.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/signin...contract/18bf90fd-41a0-4cf4-9b1b-087a3482866b
Who in their right mind would allow this to happen :thumbsdown:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
They're all a pack of self serving bullshiters

Warabrook saint

Juniors
O
Cowboys to sign former Australian schoolboys hooker Reece Robson from Dragons

The Cowboys are set to win the battle to sign exciting young Dragons hooker Reece Robson.

The 20-year-old Robson broke into first-grade last season and looked the goods in his two games in the Big Red V.

But with established hooker Cameron McInnes able to play 80 minutes a week, Robson has had a frustrating time at the Dragons.

He faces a similar dilemma at the Cowboys, where Jake Granville is the No.1 hooker, but Granville does not always play full games and coach Paul Green has been using veteran Kurt Baptiste in his 17-man rotation.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F00a40190-7b51-4f15-93b7-12680fa1c5b5

Reece Robson in action for the Junior Kangaroos. (Getty)
A host of clubs, including the Bulldogs, have been chasing Robson, who was the Dragons’ NSW Cup Player of the Year last season.

But Wide World of Sports has learned that the former Australian Schoolboy has all but come to terms with the Cowboys.

The news will come as a boost to Cowboys fans, who have been unhappy with the club’s poor start to the season.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/signin...contract/18bf90fd-41a0-4cf4-9b1b-087a3482866b
Robson is not a 'local' junior, disgusting case of neglect by management

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
People think women are emotional. My God, I have never seen a bigger group of emotional cry babies. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Man the f@ck up and show you have balls. Just because you don't like him or don't want him, doesn't mean we aren't going to get him. Show the team some support for Christs sake.

I find this post sexist. Show some respect to men.

More balls than you Madam...
You can keep spouting your shallow remarks that are mostly empty nonsense.
The people on this forum have every right to offer opinions without having to be castigated by you.
It's funny that you seem to be so judgemental of others - telling us to "man the f@ck up" and "show you have some balls".
What does that have to do with anything or do those comments make you feel important and more relevant?
Here is my point of view:
1. Your are confusing emotion with passion when it comes to the posters that seem to annoy you.
2. Have nothing against Paul McGregor personally - just fed up with his coaching over the last 5 years and disillusioned that we have just been saddled with another 2 years of the same.
I repeat what I told you once before. You miss the point about McGregor. The anti sentiment comes from the circumstances of his appointment and subsequent extension(s). Try and understand what has really upset people before mouthing off.
3. You should never doubt that I or all the posters on here support the Team.
Probably support the team a lot more than you by the sounds of it.
Just because we don't agree with what's going on doesn't mean we don't support our Team.

If you want to put an argument forward then show some courtesy and respect before screeching like a banshee..

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The people on this forum have every right to offer opinions without having to be castigated by you.
It's funny that you seem to be so judgemental of others - telling us to "man the f@ck up" and "show you have some balls".
What does that have to do with anything or do those comments make you feel important and more relevant?
1. Your are confusing emotion with passion when it comes to the posters that seem to annoy you.
2. Have nothing against Paul McGregor personally - just fed up with his coaching over the last 5 years and disillusioned that we have just been saddled with another 2 years of the same.
I repeat what I told you once before. You miss the point about McGregor. The anti sentiment comes from the circumstances of his appointment and subsequent extension(s). Try and understand what has really upset people before mouthing off.
Just because we don't agree with what's going on doesn't mean we don't support our Team.

If you want to put an argument forward then show some courtesy and respect before screeching like a banshee..

Well said Dennis- I find it incomprehensible that a coach with a history of April/ May premierships and late season fadeouts is being extended before we've had a chance to see if he's learned his lesson.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Well said Dennis- I find it incomprehensible that a coach with a history of April/ May premierships and late season fadeouts is being extended before we've had a chance to see if he's learned his lesson.
They've rolled out their bulls**t.....he's loved by everyone......that's more important than being truly professional and winning premierships in their feeble minds

IMO the decline at the Broncos has nothing to do with the new coach.
The stutter in the semis last year was with their most decorated coach!
The Broncos have been slipping for years and the nepotism at their club is starting to drag their club down just like ours.

That “stutter” came at the hands of the dragons coached by Paul McGregor. when everyone in the Rugby League world, barring optimistic dragons fans didn’t give us a hope. I didn’t think we’d win that game but we did. Last season we finished the highest since we won the Comp in 2010.

I accept that the club has signed him to a contract extension and I’m ok with that. But what’s more important than my opinion or anyone else’s here is that the players are happy with that.

Would I have preferred a Bellamy, Bennett in charge, absolutely. But There’s not a glut of good coaches out there hanging about to be signed up. Especially of the likes of those two..

There are a glut of coaches who’ve been white-anted by players aka “senior leadership group”.. and the club has imploded.. We don’t have that issue. To have a team who want to “play for the coach” is a great thing. We have that.

Currently we are 3-2 including 3 road games (two in qld). To me that’s a solid start to the year.

I’m looking at the positives. Of what we have. Not what we don’t have. To focus on negatives will make me as miserable and angry as many of the people in here.. I’d rather be positive than a sack of misery...

blacksafake

First Grade

This :100:
Well said Dennis