Paul McGregor Extension

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Crush, Apr 16, 2019.

1. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

"Dragons chief executive Brian Johnston said the decision to re-sign McGregor was one made on the basis of several factors.

"Paul's retention has come down to more than just the football played on the field," Johnston said.

"Paul is a values-driven, team-first individual who is at the forefront of personal development for both he and his players.

"A testament of this is the number of Dragons who have achieved higher representative honours and those to have successfully debuted under Paul's tutelage, as well as the club's improved results in recent seasons.

"Paul's emotional intelligence and man management attributes are key to him being well-respected throughout the playing group and the club's staff in its entirety, which is another crucial reason for his extension."

My translation of the above..so it is not about on field results. OK except he mentioned recent years. Oh...He made the final 6 in 2018. That was the benchmark!
    Higher representative honours for NSW anyway was the player skill not the coaching. And regards for overseas countries well Canterbury Cup players have made international debut's.

blacksafake likes this.
  2. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

BLM01
    I would appreciate it if you could delete this photo as it offends me:):rolleyes:

Life's Good, Gareth67 and BLM01 like this.
  3. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

This news has been a long time coming, and its official arrival doesn’t make it any easier to bare.

Obviously, the club doesn’t want to win another premiership in the foreseeable future.

Life's Good, to_ddeath and hazzbeen like this.
  4. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Nah..just about to post it on the Sack Mary Topic as I go overseas on Tuesday I want to leave something for you lot to enjoy

5. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Well spotted....I think the Gordon interview pretty much shows you what the club is thinking....very enlightening and pretty much what I have been told off the record....

Nothing will change.............................................................................................................

6. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Of course!..that it's 99 ;)

getsmarty likes this.
  7. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

You're a cruel man:)
    Enjoy your sojourn;)

BLM01 likes this.
  8. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

Yep and all the excuses about players stability and any other crap they trot out is nonsense, the management want il duce as the coach and stuff what us fans think about it. Wonder what fans that took up membership this year think about his re-signing

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    blacksafake likes this.
  9. possm

possm Coach

The person with football knowledge would have been the chief advisor to the Board. Maybe the old boys deal was; you can have the CEO job providing you openly support the re-signing of Mary.

10. WepnutV

WepnutV Juniors

No seibold is a bronco

11. WepnutV

WepnutV Juniors

Great news and congratulations to Paul McGregor.. well deserved

12. Mark D

Mark D Juniors

Actually thought we had a good year last year and only pipped by a point by Souths in the end ... The players clearly want to play for Mary which is a massive plus so lets get on with it Red V faithful... it’s done ... bring on Manly and then the best day and game of the regular season to follow.

13. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Yes as I said on other posts I am going to the game this Saturday and when I run into Mary I just might shake his hand and congratulate him :oops:, but not if we lose

And because he is our career coach I am back before Round 12 so I expect the club to be on no less than 16 competition points when I get back and hanging around the Top 5.

blacksafake and hazzbeen like this.
  14. KogarahWarrior

KogarahWarrior Juniors

"development"? is that why half the juniors barely improve from u20's under his 'guidance?' and is that also why he's barely developed as a coach himself? Please.

15. Slippery Morris

Slippery Morris First Grade

2 more years of Sack Mary threads.......

16. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

upload_2019-4-18_12-13-16.jpeg

17. RedVDave

RedVDave Bench

Keep hope alive, he still has 2 weeks to invoke he's backflip clause.

Gareth67 likes this.
  18. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Cowboys to sign former Australian schoolboys hooker Reece Robson from Dragons

The Cowboys are set to win the battle to sign exciting young Dragons hooker Reece Robson.

The 20-year-old Robson broke into first-grade last season and looked the goods in his two games in the Big Red V.

But with established hooker Cameron McInnes able to play 80 minutes a week, Robson has had a frustrating time at the Dragons.

He faces a similar dilemma at the Cowboys, where Jake Granville is the No.1 hooker, but Granville does not always play full games and coach Paul Green has been using veteran Kurt Baptiste in his 17-man rotation.

[​IMG]
    Reece Robson in action for the Junior Kangaroos. (Getty)
    A host of clubs, including the Bulldogs, have been chasing Robson, who was the Dragons’ NSW Cup Player of the Year last season.

But Wide World of Sports has learned that the former Australian Schoolboy has all but come to terms with the Cowboys.

The news will come as a boost to Cowboys fans, who have been unhappy with the club’s poor start to the season.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/signin...contract/18bf90fd-41a0-4cf4-9b1b-087a3482866b

19. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Cowboys to sign former Australian schoolboys hooker Reece Robson from Dragons

The Cowboys are set to win the battle to sign exciting young Dragons hooker Reece Robson.

The 20-year-old Robson broke into first-grade last season and looked the goods in his two games in the Big Red V.

But with established hooker Cameron McInnes able to play 80 minutes a week, Robson has had a frustrating time at the Dragons.

He faces a similar dilemma at the Cowboys, where Jake Granville is the No.1 hooker, but Granville does not always play full games and coach Paul Green has been using veteran Kurt Baptiste in his 17-man rotation.

[​IMG]
    Reece Robson in action for the Junior Kangaroos. (Getty)
    A host of clubs, including the Bulldogs, have been chasing Robson, who was the Dragons’ NSW Cup Player of the Year last season.

But Wide World of Sports has learned that the former Australian Schoolboy has all but come to terms with the Cowboys.

The news will come as a boost to Cowboys fans, who have been unhappy with the club’s poor start to the season.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/signin...contract/18bf90fd-41a0-4cf4-9b1b-087a3482866b

20. KogarahWarrior

KogarahWarrior Juniors

Nice work Mary you absolute idiot. What is it with this guy and turning away young prospects... fmd