What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor Extension

Belta

Juniors
I’m a glutton for punishment. Not satisfied twisting and distorting my once sane mind with his ‘Dragons Footy’ I then subject myself to his delusional gibberish at the post game interviews. Now in off season (when I should be in recovery) I find more of Mary’s little passages. I’m convinced that if I keep listening to this bloke he may cause me irreparable psychological damage, yet I come back for more. Why oh why do I do this to myself?

Warabrook saint

Juniors
No anger however, you took the words out of my mouth Crush.

I truly feel for the players in this environment as they have to work with and follow his instructions which we all saw this year. It summed up Mary's character on the field.

It's three monkeys from management. I can't believe they allow Mary to be the mouth piece so to speak for the club.
What this idiot is doing, with the blessing of the management is enough for any St George Illawarra supporter to feel anger and despair. By the way he's talking it looks like he'll be incharge again next year to wreak havoc. Don't expect Flanagan to be around for long. I reckon Flanagan knows exactly what a dill mcgregor and his enablers are, but he's just taking any job on until his suspension is over. For moron to say Flanagan and Young will look after the defensive side of things means we'll be served the same attacking style garbage again next year. Sack the lot of them.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I’m a glutton for punishment. Not satisfied twisting and distorting my once sane mind with his ‘Dragons Footy’ I then subject myself to his delusional gibberish at the post game interviews. Now in off season (when I should be in recovery) I find more of Mary’s little passages. I’m convinced that if I keep listening to this bloke he may cause me irreparable psychological damage, yet I come back for more. Why oh why do I do this to myself?
Because once this club gets in your veins there's no escape

emu62

Juniors
Because once this club gets in your veins there's no escape
I always thought the same thing Warabrook, until now. After over 50 years of supporting this club, Hate is creeping in at a rapid pace. The last straw was releasing Luch & signing Luke. I hear their is probably more to come as players are not too happy. One reason their opinions were not sought during the review & many had quite strong views on certain matters. True or not i dont know. All i know is i have had enough of this club & they can go F### themselves Until the festering cancers of McWrecker & the Youngs are cut out , i see no future for this club

SEAT 1A

Bench
What this idiot is doing, with the blessing of the management is enough for any St George Illawarra supporter to feel anger and despair. By the way he's talking it looks like he'll be incharge again next year to wreak havoc. Don't expect Flanagan to be around for long. I reckon Flanagan knows exactly what a dill mcgregor and his enablers are, but he's just taking any job on until his suspension is over. For moron to say Flanagan and Young will look after the defensive side of things means we'll be served the same attacking style garbage again next year. Sack the lot of them.

Agree, he will be here next year in all his glory and he's not shy which shows his character or lack off.

Flanagan is biding his time and won't over step the mark for his own good.

The club has shown their hands with endless graces including the US fact finding trip and the supports are bystanders.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
How they can put a stupid fool at the head of an organization is beyond belief
images

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I find it interesting that no other NRL "coaches" were on this junket, the only other participants were assistant coaches from AFL and business. However, for me reading through the dribble, the fact that most of the 'learnings' were basic managerial skills requirements and our supercoach had to embark on this tour to learn these is just unbelievable. As head coach for 5+ years you would think he'd already possess these. As you can see the itger participants were young (tenure wise) assistants.
What did he learn? Well nothing given the fact that in his interview afterwards on radio, he went straight back to defending "the past".
As I said, unbelievable that this merkin is the forerunner of our once proud club.

merahputih

Juniors
I find it interesting that no other NRL "coaches" were on this junket, the only other participants were assistant coaches from AFL and business. However, for me reading through the dribble, the fact that most of the 'learnings' were basic managerial skills requirements and our supercoach had to embark on this tour to learn these is just unbelievable. As head coach for 5+ years you would think he'd already possess these. As you can see the itger participants were young (tenure wise) assistants.
What did he learn? Well nothing given the fact that in his interview afterwards on radio, he went straight back to defending "the past".
As I said, unbelievable that this merkin is the forerunner of our once proud club.
McGregor is in his early fifties. The ship has sailed as far as trying to put lipstick on this pig with 'study tours' and seminars, etc. If he had served a decent period as assistant under a top coach after his distinguished playing career, who knows- it might have been a different story.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
sorry mate muzby got you there.

Looney Tunes is an American series of animated comedy short films produced by Warner Bros. from 1930 to 1969 during the golden age of American animation alongside its sister series Merrie Melodies. ... Looney Tunes' name was inspired by Walt Disney's musical series Silly Symphonies.

Owned, inspired, shared platform..... all the same for McGregor.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I always thought the same thing Warabrook, until now. After over 50 years of supporting this club, Hate is creeping in at a rapid pace. The last straw was releasing Luch & signing Luke. I hear their is probably more to come as players are not too happy. One reason their opinions were not sought during the review & many had quite strong views on certain matters. True or not i dont know. All i know is i have had enough of this club & they can go F### themselves Until the festering cancers of McWrecker & the Youngs are cut out , i see no future for this club

We just need to hang in there, mate.

You, like many of us, have been around much longer the McGregor and will outlast him.

None of us like what he is doing but one saving grace is that we will be around long after he is gone.

Whether it’s one or two years to go, hang in there mate. Hopefully, he’ll last six rounds next season.

Latest posts