What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor Press Conference Thread

dragons girl

Juniors
we
Here it is: http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/08/21/press_conference_rou.af_video_video-press-conferences.html

"They scored 18 points off kicks."

The other one that got me was, "we defended our line well at times."

Plus he mentioned again how we made the finals last year.

But the overall excuse seemed to hinge on the amount of possession the other side had, he repeated it several times. There was no mention of how well coached teams go out there to control possession.

The body language, the grappling for words... To me, Paul McGregor looks like a man who is out of his depth.

Steve Price didn't survive this many thrashings.
defended our line well before the game,at half time,and at the end of the game

dragons girl

Juniors
I like the we trained well this week but we just didn't execute today!What do they do at training go chasing pokemon around the training paddock?Maybe that explains the woeful attack!

dragonreddy

Juniors
As I said on Jubilee Avenue on Saturday night Michael Cheika was on tv 10 mins after the game finished and took full responsibility for the Wallabies performance,what a contrast .

Anyone who continually makes excuses can never fix the problems they are glossing over until they actually acknowledge there is a problem ala McGregor.

One thing a coach must be is brutally honest our poor excuse for a coach is so far from that, that you could call it delusion.

The Doc

Juniors
From all reports completion rates were excellent during the warm up.
And dont forget, we beat the bulldogs in the 2nd half 3 weeks ago.
Yes yes we lost the game, BUT, thats not important, whats important is we won the 2nd half!!!
So in other words, mary is saying "i can coach, 3 weeks ago after getting shown up in the first half, i coached the boys at half time, and we won the 2nd half, because of my coaches speech at half time".
Motherf#@ker please!!! We have a line up on paper that should be top 6 easy, yet we will finish bottom 4!!!
Thats not the team, thats the coach!!! Time for mary to go back to the dapto canaries me thinks!!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He is surely taking the pi$$. Please admit this Mary, you can't be that ignorant. No wonder they are playing poorly.

Price said Saints put in a good effort and were great in the 2nd half when they lost to the Chooks 36-0. And here I thought it could not get worse....

Dragons 09

Juniors
Geez, that PC is just embarrassing. Our PR people must be incompetent or under instructions to just let him hang himself. Either that or he is just too arrogant to heed advice. It really is amateur hour.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Surely there's a clause in Mary's contract that states he "cannot bring the club and/or game into disrepute'.

I personally believe he already did that by drink driving but the way he coaches the team brings the club into disrepute each and every week and should be sacked immediately.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Widdop's signature "try and run around the defensive line" attack is classic U8's gameplay.
Don't forget his other signature move. Run across the field then pass to someone running across the field in the opposite direction. Used to think that was so clever in the under 8's.

since77

Juniors
Don't forget his other signature move. Run across the field then pass to someone running across the field in the opposite direction. Used to think that was so clever in the under 8's.

His best one is the grubber straight to an opposition player 5 metres out from the try line.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Even to listen to Mcgregors press conference is embarrasing, also just look at Widdop face when Mcgregor talks its like I have to listen to his crap in the sheds let alone here. In saying that I think its time to have a new captain that shows a bit more emotion.

And dont forget, we beat the bulldogs in the 2nd half 3 weeks ago.
Yes yes we lost the game, BUT, thats not important, whats important is we won the 2nd half!!!
So in other words, mary is saying "i can coach, 3 weeks ago after getting shown up in the first half, i coached the boys at half time, and we won the 2nd half, because of my coaches speech at half time".
Motherf#@ker please!!! We have a line up on paper that should be top 6 easy, yet we will finish bottom 4!!!
Thats not the team, thats the coach!!! Time for mary to go back to the dapto canaries me thinks!!!

Don't use that sort of language when you have lunch with Doust, otherwise nothing will get accomplished.

Straight Shooter

Last edited:

The Doc

Juniors
Don't use that sort of language when you have lunch with Doust, otherwise nothing will get accomplished.

Straight Shooter
And there it is... another post to illustrate what a f#@king waste of oxygen you are!!!
Dont be jealous buddy, im sure me and my buddy doust will have a great tasty and filling lunch, and wash it down with a nice cold crownie while we laugh at fools like you sooking and complaining yet to useless to a damm thing hahaha

Old Timer

Coach
And there it is... another post to illustrate what a f#@king waste of oxygen you are!!!
Dont be jealous buddy, im sure me and my buddy doust will have a great tasty and filling lunch, and wash it down with a nice cold crownie while we laugh at fools like you sooking and complaining yet to useless to a damm thing hahaha
Told you he was your friend / buddy.
Told you that you bag out others methods.
You have no idea what he does or doesn't do.
Told you that you contradict yourself.
No doubt you will come back with the "I was joking" reply.

Latest posts