What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor Press Conference Thread

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sad thing is I honestly can't tell if you're joking or if he really said that.
Here it is: http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/08/21/press_conference_rou.af_video_video-press-conferences.html

"They scored 18 points off kicks."

The other one that got me was, "we defended our line well at times."

Plus he mentioned again how we made the finals last year.

But the overall excuse seemed to hinge on the amount of possession the other side had, he repeated it several times. There was no mention of how well coached teams go out there to control possession.

The body language, the grappling for words... To me, Paul McGregor looks like a man who is out of his depth.

Steve Price didn't survive this many thrashings.

Zucchini

Juniors
Mcgregor is a dead set clown, who is he trying to kid in that interview. I hope he is not under instruction to say what he is, cause he has to go. Im sure he is a nice bloke, but our club is in turmoil.
What makes you think he's a nice bloke? Everything suggests to me he's an arrogant, stupid man. And arrogance and stupidity are a dangerous combination. Think Trump. If he was a nice guy who cared about the Club he would acknowledge he is out of his depth and either step down or ask for help.

BennyV

Referee
Here it is: http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/08/21/press_conference_rou.af_video_video-press-conferences.html

"They scored 18 points off kicks."

The other one that got me was, "we defended our line well at times."

Plus he mentioned again how we made the finals last year.

But the overall excuse seemed to hinge on the amount of possession the other side had, he repeated it several times. There was no mention of how well coached teams go out there to control possession.

The body language, the grappling for words... To me, Paul McGregor looks like a man who is out of his depth.

Steve Price didn't survive this many thrashings.
15 minutes before full time, I was confident he would bring up last week's victory in the presser. I was wrong, the journo brought it up. But Mary went a level of stupidity further to gloat about winning the second half against the dogs.

He's genuinely made it into an art form.

It is becoming pretty comical. In fact if McGregor was to produce a parody of his own press conference it would be hard to tell the difference..

Can't we just sack him already!

thebigredv

First Grade
I'll take the 42 against but its the 6 for that is most embarrassing. I can only assume whoever coached us last week went missing this week. No confidence at all was evident.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Same thing was said about Price.

Good guy or not, the bloke CAN'T COACH.
Yeah I recall that too. I fully understand some of the reactions. It's hard not to get fired up, what with the amount of emotional investment we have in the team.

But at the end of the day, I don't blame Steve Price or Paul McGregor for taking up the job. I mean, why wouldn't they?

I think it pays to remember that coaches and CEOs are appointed by the board. One of the things I disliked about the appointment of McGregor was the way it was done, with a Club Director (Sean O'Connor) going to the media to push his case. That was wrong in my opinion, and something that never used to happen pre-JV.

SaintHarry

Juniors
Why are there people saying hes a good bloke?? Has anyone here personally attacked mary ? I dont care if he is a good bloke ... please specify only that he cant not coach

Old Timer

Coach
Can someone please go to the Raiders home sheds and see if Sticky left his half time notes in the room?
Mary sure has hell could do with them because nobody is going to bother to look for in our sheds for his notes.

RedVDragon

Juniors
McGregor has bad luck in his side. As a player was constantly injured, as our trainer our players where consistently injured as a coach our players consistently can't score points.

The curse must leave.

Latest posts