What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vautin - Gooorrrrnnn

mongoose

Coach
Stormboyz said:
NRL footy show is better than the AFL version. Sam Newman has gotten worse if that's indeed possible and Brayshaw and Lyon are just knobs.

I saw the AFL show last night, it wasn't much better but it was still better. They atleast only have one bonehead (Sam Newman) not 4.

Apey

Staff member
Meh... maybe it's because im younger and don't have a giant stick up my ass, but Matty doesn't annoy me too much. Not saying he's hilarious but yeah. Have a bit of a soft spot for him too.

Chief definitely needs to go, good move, I get pissed off everytime I see the "that's gold" song and he dances, looks like a f**ktard.

Fatty use to be good, don't like him much anymore. Sterlo was the best, loved when he used to be on... "and i say yeah yeah", the paintball, awesome at every sporty thing lol.

Then again, lately I haven't been watching it as much as I use to... I guess it's because I'd rather play a computer game or watch TV then sit down, watch a show I don't like and bitch about it :)

lockyno1

Post Whore
BlacK_WhitE_N_BluE said:
The AFL footy show is sooooooo much better.

Agreed, at the very least they talk about the games in depth. Yes they have some other stuff (street talk, etc) but they keep to talking about the game. And another thing they discuss the issues involving the game before the first break.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
axl rose said:
He also thinks the Gold Coast are a waste of time and shouldn't be in the comp. Him and uncy Wayne had a nice old whinge about it earlier in the year. Pity, he was a decent commentator back in the day.

Now that's just dumb.

The titans are by far the most successful expansion team since 1988.

How can anyone say the titans don't deserve a place ?

They have a city of 500,000+ crazy over them, a booming RL nursery, they ran at a profit in their first year and the 2nd largest crowds in the NRL.

Bomber

Bench
The titans are by far the most successful expansion team since 1988.

Not on the field - remember Melbourne 1998?
Auckland won 13 of 22 games as well and only missed the finals in 1995 due to being stripped of two points.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Guys, Sterlo ditched himself. He wasn't sacked, he decided not to go on.
And the Footy Show is far poorer for it,

flamin

Juniors
Bomber said:
Not on the field - remember Melbourne 1998?
Auckland won 13 of 22 games as well and only missed the finals in 1995 due to being stripped of two points.

I think he was refering to off field success.

Wheelsy said:
Guys, Sterlo ditched himself. He wasn't sacked, he decided not to go on.
And the Footy Show is far poorer for it,

Yes but only because he was told he was probably going to get axed.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Just piss off that wank Chief and i'll be happy.

And maybe piss off MG as well and bring in someone like Voss.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I wouldn't mind Ray on, atleast when he was on the show prior to his sacking all he wanted to do was talk football.

Just get rid of the Chief.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Keep MG and get rid of Chief and replace him with Daley.
This would be awesome:
  • Paul Vautin
  • Matt Johns
  • Mark Geyer
  • Laurie Daley

El Diablo

Post Whore
if Fatty gets the arse i reckon 7 will end up putting him on dancing with the stars or some sh*t

badav

Bench
Fatties comical value has waned, and keeping him on the show forever would be like flogging a dead horse.The footy show concept is pretty tired now and i wouldnt be surprised to see the whole concept scaled back to just the sunday footy show.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Sydney Footy Show went to sh*t when they got rid of Blocker, haven't watched since.

Agree with most of the suggestions offered, particularly the grumpy old men format.

_Johnsy

Referee
If they could get benny & gus (the two best modern league brains by a mile) the show would be the best sport show on tv.

Nuke

Staff member
I have spoken to quite a number of aussie rules supporters that hate their version of The Footy Show and wish theirs was like ours. It seems to me that the grass is always greener ...
I know a few people who sit up late on Thursday nights to watch the NRL Footy Show, and they're die-hard, one-eyed aussie rules supporters!

Having said that, I love the NRL Footy Show.

I doubt a Sunday Roast style show would work on a national scale. I would highly doubt WA, SA, and TAS would broadcast it, and I have my reservations regarding VIC too.

I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

OVP

Coach
NP said:
Keep MG and get rid of Chief and replace him with Daley.
This would be awesome:
  • Paul Vautin
  • Matt Johns
  • Mark Geyer
  • Laurie Daley

Like your thinking, but i still think Matt Johns is a wanker ... maybe even replace him with Sterlo. If its serious rugby league the people want, why is Matt Johns even considered ? He is a fruitcake. Bring back Sterlo with Vautin, Geyer and Daley please. Greg Alexander would be good too ... i love his show with John Gibbs on 2UE ... they are the best of the lot on radio imo.

sydraider

First Grade
Johns is a wanker and should get the ass way before fatty.

Chief is a brick wall, there is nothing entertaining about him at all.

I would welcome Daley, he would have more to talk about other than Buderus or Joey.

This is of course if I actually watched the footy show, I have better things to do fortunately. Still if the panel changed Ill check it out, its too nice get hadley back and lets fire up some merkins!