What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas requests immediate release from the Broncos.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

You Sombrero wankers couldn't lie straight in your graves.

Clubs treat players they don't want like crap all the time. It's a two-way street.

I'm not a fan of the way Haas has handled himself. But if I were a Broncos fan I wouldn't be a fan of the way they treated someone like Tom Dearden, either.

Spoiler alert, we weren't. Nor Reese Walsh or Sam Walker, but they all happened under the old administration. The one that led us to our first spoon, didn't give a single f**k then subsequently got told to hit the bricks.

MugaB

Coach
So he isn't going to the roosters?

I'm shocked.
Its been tabled till the end of the year, im sure he'll be ready for the off season, unless the Broncos do actually stay in that top4..
Either way you know he is is going wherever the SBW clan is directing him towards

Valheru

Coach
Taukeiaho and JWH moving on.. no sir the roosters want nothing to do with haas. Honest!
It has been known SST is leaving for a while, it may be news to you but no one else. In fact he was given permission to leave during the off-season if he found a club that would take him.

The fact remains, the rooster stated they weren't signing Haas prior to 2024 because they weren't willing to meet his asking price. What happens thereafter, who knows.

Wb1234

Referee
Clubs treat players they don't want like crap all the time. It's a two-way street.

I'm not a fan of the way Haas has handled himself. But if I were a Broncos fan I wouldn't be a fan of the way they treated someone like Tom Dearden, either.
Adam Reynolds ?

Floodwaters

Juniors
But if I were a Broncos fan I wouldn't be a fan of the way they treated someone like Tom Dearden, either.

Deardon was rubbish at the Broncos so I can understand them not wanting him but geez his playing good footy at the Cowboys.. Reynolds / Deardon halves combo would have been epic.

blaza88z

Coach
Hard to really jump on the "sombrero" bandwagon knowing back in the day my club was doing this for fun, blokes were staying for a pie and a coke and if you believe the media, it's happening again

Cobbo is set to knock back a 5 year 4.5m deal to re-sign, just last week Herbie Farnworth signed only a 1 extension when he could've easily had a longer deal at a rival club. If Payne wants 1.2m, it won't be with our team, signing forwards on that money just doesn't work, I think any team who does sign a prop on that much is doing themselves in

MugaB

Coach
Hard to really jump on the "sombrero" bandwagon knowing back in the day my club was doing this for fun, blokes were staying for a pie and a coke and if you believe the media, it's happening again

Cobbo is set to knock back a 5 year 4.5m deal to re-sign, just last week Herbie Farnworth signed only a 1 extension when he could've easily had a longer deal at a rival club. If Payne wants 1.2m, it won't be with our team, signing forwards on that money just doesn't work, I think any team who does sign a prop on that much is doing themselves in
The difference is players are staying at bronx for less, nothing wrong with that, if they were bought at the price, versus chooks poaching others on unders when they've gone to market.... where other clubs have the money, but wont get a look in, firstly its not fair... and really its poor form, i get that players want to play for them, but you shouldn't be able to buy players like haas for less than he would get on the market

Latest posts