What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedestrians with no balls

Avenger

Immortal
I just got back from the game and let me tell you it was one of the worst displays I have seen in a long long time.

1. Burt tried hard but has no penetration from the back, he should be dropped asap.

2. Reddy was the only one with some heart in the backline, Ben Smith and Eric Grothe had shockers particularly Ben Smith, he shows nothing in attack and his defence is overrated.

3. Inu seems disinterested and should be dropped to teach him a lesson.

4. Don't start me with Finch, he is useless and should never put the number 7 jersey on again.

5. Matt Keating was awful from dummyhalf and got sacked from what I saw. Jarryd Hayne and Mateo need to stand deeper, they seem to do everything from a standing start.

6. Cayless again, showed nothing. He is such a non event now that it is embarrassing. Weller should also meet the Wenty coach.

7. I know that they are probably not ready but I would give Mortimer and Anthony Mitchell a go from the 20's. At least they would add some zip. We look so slow in all areas. A player like Baumann should also be given a go to support the only player that deserves to get paid this week. We all all know who that player is.

Last edited:

lewiscook

Juniors
I just got back from the game and let me tell you it was one of the worst displays I have seen in a long long time.

1. Burt tried hard but has no penetration from the back, he should be dropped asap.

2. Reddy was the only one with some heart in the backline, Ben Smith and Eric Grothe had shockers particularly Ben Smith, he shows nothing in attack and his defence is overrated.

3. Inu seems disinterested and should be dropped to teach him a lesson.

4. Don't start me with Finch, he is useless and should never put the number 7 jersey on again.

5. Matt Keating was awful from dummyhalf and got sacked from what I saw. Jarryd Hayne and Mateo need to stand deeper, they seem to do everything from a standing start.

6. Cayless again, showed nothing. He is such a non event now that it is embarrassing. Weller should also meet the Wenty coach.

7. I know that they are probably not ready but I would give Mortimer and Anthony Mitchell a go from the 20's. At least they would add some zip. We look so slow in all areas. A player like Baumann should also be given a go to support the only player that deserves to get paid this week. We all all know who that player is.

110% correct.
The boys tonight had a chance to really shake up the chooks, and come away with the two points.

Tbh the only players who i'd have as certainties for next week would be, Jarryd Hayne, Nathan Hindmarsh, Joel Reddy and kri keating.
the others were just embarassing.

The Roosters weren't even that great tonight!

heres my team for next week:

1. NFI
2. NFI
3. NFI
4. NFI
5. NFI
6. NFI
7. NFI
8. NFI
9. NFI
10. NFI
11. NFI
12. NFI
13. NFI

14. NFI
15. NFI
16. NFI
17. NFI

your thoughts. . . ?

fish eel

Immortal
Our squad just isn't good enough.

We are full of players who either are past their best or are just not up to standard yet, or are still living off the second half of 2007.

I can't remember seeing blander Parramatta side with ball in hand.

It's going to be a long season.

I'll write us off for the finals now.

bartman

Immortal
I'm not prepared to write us off for the finals yet. We're 50% at the minute, even though we've played three games of crap (excluding 10 mins of luck) and one decent workmanlike effort.

With no injuries - and presumably no rep players ;-) - we'll stand a chance of increasing that ratio, and that's without the squad learning and improving as the year goes on.

But if we do make it it will be in 8th place with the 50%er teams, and we'll get our arse handed back to us in week one.

woddy

Juniors
please let there be lots of changes next week we still might get flogged but hopefully the players that make it back will put in.......we were sh*te in every attacking option we had......think Voss said at bout 60min mark was parras 48th tackle inside their 20 and still no points

fish eel

Immortal
I'm not prepared to write us off for the finals yet. We're 50% at the minute, even though we've played three games of crap (excluding 10 mins of luck) and one decent workmanlike effort.

With no injuries - and presumably no rep players ;-) - we'll stand a chance of increasing that ratio, and that's without the squad learning and improving as the year goes on.

But if we do make it it will be in 8th place with the 50%er teams, and we'll get our arse handed back to us in week one.

I'll make the call and happily be proven wrong. :cool:

Maybe a few teams will fall over, I know there is a long way to go, but I just dont think we've the manpower to get there.

bartman

Immortal
It's week four now... time for some changes now DA. Position switches or something.

Avenger

Immortal
Finch will be dropped. We had some good field position in that first half and Finch came up with nothing. He is so bad it's funny.

bartman

Immortal
Was Matt Keating injured or hooked?

I'm thinking he's the more likely candidate for a dropping, up to the 60 min mark here...

Bigfella

Coach
Finch just has to go, right out of the 17. I have never seen a player given so much responsibility with so little ability.

He has been so bad for so long, if he was a cricketer he would be investigated for match-fixing.

He is shaping the defence across field. That puts even more pressure on his non-existent passing skills. How many times do his passes hit the ground? How many times does he drop balls?

I am struggling to think of a player who has single handedly underined a team so much.

Kingston might get a look in at 9 too.

Surely Keating and Mateo at 6 and 7 will ask 1000 times more questions?

fish eel

Immortal
Finch will be dropped. We had some good field position in that first half and Finch came up with nothing. He is so bad it's funny.

Yeah, it's time for Anderson to start earning his money and showing what he is made of and shake things up.

The thing is tonight, I dont think we've been rolled by a team that played well......

Tekken Lord

Juniors
I expect it to take two years, possibly longer and major changes in our squad before we can consider challenging for the title. There are so many useless hacks in the side it's not funny. DA will really earn his paycheque if he can make us competitive again; personally i think he's on a hiding to nothing.

How Finch has played over 200 first grade games i'll never know. :crazy:

Avenger

Immortal
Finch just has to go, right out of the 17. I have never seen a player given so much responsibility with so little ability.

He has been so bad for so long, if he was a cricketer he would be investigated for match-fixing.

He is shaping the defence across field. That puts even more pressure on his non-existent passing skills. How many times do his passes hit the ground? How many times does he drop balls?

I am struggling to think of a player who has single handedly underined a team so much.

Kingston might get a look in at 9 too.

Surely Keating and Mateo at 6 and 7 will ask 1000 times more questions?

He is one of the only halfbacks in the comp that when he passes it he cannot do it bullet like if you know what I mean. I noticed it clearly tonight. He just doesn't see to have the ability.

woddy

Juniors

I hope your right...... take Cayless with him we might be onto something

fish eel

Immortal
Whether Mateo plays in the 6 or 13 doesnt really matter IMO, he just needs to be given more freedom and be given the ball more.

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Tonight our attack was pitiful. We had over 50 tackles in the opposition 20 and didn't score. After that i just stopped watching. I can't think of a worse attacking display ever. :(

Mateo is our best attacking player by heaps. I don't care what position he plays he should be getting as much ball a possible.

Latest posts