What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Differentials

Your mum named you well, the Roosters, along with most top teams factor penalties into what they do, if giving them away doesn't interfere with the game plan so be it. If you watched the game with both eyes you would have noticed the Roosters didn't start to overtake the Storm until they gave away penalties in the attempt to manhandle them

Oh dear :roll:

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Your mum named you well, the Roosters, along with most top teams factor penalties into what they do, if giving them away doesn't interfere with the game plan so be it. If you watched the game with both eyes you would have noticed the Roosters didn't start to overtake the Storm until they gave away penalties in the attempt to manhandle them . . . it almost stopped in their tracks.

Ignoring that the Storm scored all 3 of there tries off 5 of the 9 penalties the Roosters conceded. 2 of which were dropped balls in the ruck, you actually failed to address the point of his post.

POPEYE

Coach
Maybe I should rephrase that so you'll understand, if the Roosters didn't try that hard that they gave away penalties in the process Melbourne would have overrun them[/QUOTE]

rabbitohs95

Bench
attachment.php

Attachments

• roosters your rack disciprine.jpg
    roosters your rack disciprine.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2

POPEYE

Coach
Who gives a f**k, Melbourne are as badly treated as the Roosters are, 1 point loss to the Cowboys who are running rampant and ripped off against the Seagles . . . I do feel sorry for the Roosters, I do, I do

no name

Coach
Ignoring that the Storm scored all 3 of there tries off 5 of the 9 penalties the Roosters conceded. 2 of which were dropped balls in the ruck, you actually failed to address the point of his post.

All 3 tries off 5 of 9 penalties?

What are you trying to say here?
All 3 tries came from penalties and 2 tries were off back to back penalties?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

That's correct, so I guess Popeye suggests the other 4 penalties are what kept us in the game. Also receiving no penalties in the second half also must have helped us.

POPEYE

Coach

Melbourne scored 3 tries and Sydney 2 where did they get their other points from

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Maybe I should rephrase that so you'll understand, if the Roosters didn't try that hard that they gave away penalties in the process Melbourne would have overrun them
[/QUOTE]

He was talking about Roosters not receiving penalties. Not about giving them away. Two different things you see.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Who gives a f**k, Melbourne are as badly treated as the Roosters are, 1 point loss to the Cowboys who are running rampant and ripped off against the Seagles . . . I do feel sorry for the Roosters, I do, I do

If you don't care, why respond to the thread?

Trent Robinson once again gave us a composed press conference. This is probably his only fault.

The inherent bias may actually cease if Robbo brought attention to it. There is absolutely no way that every single Roosters fan knows whats going on and Robbo doesn't see it.

I'd happily contribute to the $10K fine he would have to pay for having a go at the cheating scum every week.

POPEYE

Coach
That's correct, so I guess Popeye suggests the other 4 penalties are what kept us in the game. Also receiving no penalties in the second half also must have helped us.

I'm just taking the piss, if you knew me you'd know I never excuse winning or losing by penalties given. Maybe Robbo told his team at oranges to go hell for leather and Bellamy told his mob not to give away penalties because I know the Roosters will . . . maybe discipline was the only way Melbourne could win . . . maybe there is a footy god . . . now I've forgotten who won

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Trent Robinson once again gave us a composed press conference. This is probably his only fault.

The inherent bias may actually cease if Robbo brought attention to it. There is absolutely no way that every single Roosters fan knows whats going on and Robbo doesn't see it.

I'd happily contribute to the $10K fine he would have to pay for having a go at the cheating scum every week.

The club certainly knows. Robbo has written personally to Tony Archer but not once received a reply. I believe there will be an article in one of the major papers soon which will highlight the issue and the losided penalty counts that have happened in the past 10 years under different coaches and playing rosters.

The club certainly knows. Robbo has written personally to Tony Archer but not once received a reply. I believe there will be an article in one of the major papers soon which will highlight the issue and the losided penalty counts that have happened in the past 10 years under different coaches and playing rosters.

Even Phil Rothfield commented on Twitter that it is a farce that we have not received a penalty in the second half two weeks in a row.

That's when you know its a real problem.

POPEYE

Coach

If you watched Bellamy's press conference you know he along with the rest of us still think the Roosters are the team to beat for the pissant cup, he said he had to change his game plan at half time and virtually said things fell into place in a game that could have gone either way

As for 'cheating scum' I'd rather follow a team that refuses to poach players, Melbourne could afford to buy DCE, RTS, JWH or any other part of the alphabet from clubs that wanted to keep them but instead they just persevere with who they create or salvage . . . seems to be working

If you watched Bellamy's press conference you know he along with the rest of us still think the Roosters are the team to beat for the pissant cup, he said he had to change his game plan at half time and virtually said things fell into place in a game that could have gone either way

As for 'cheating scum' I'd rather follow a team that refuses to poach players, Melbourne could afford to buy DCE, RTS, JWH or any other part of the alphabet from clubs that wanted to keep them but instead they just persevere with who they create or salvage . . . seems to be working

The "cheating scum" i was referring to was the referees, not Melbourne...

As for the juniors argument, you haven't had to buy anyone of note for 10 years because you had the luck to recruit Slater, Cronk and Smith, 3 of the best players of their generation, at such an early age.

When they retire, and you decide to replace them all with Munster, Hampton and whoever you have playing hooker for the 20's, then you have a point. Up until them, coming for a Storm fan, arguing about how we poach juniors is one of the richest things i've ever heard.

Danish

Referee

Are you dead f**king serious with this sanctimonious shit about the storm honorably not buying players? The team that got done for the most systematic rorting of the salary cap any code has ever seen in this country? :lol:

You've genuinely lost it

POPEYE

Coach
Are you dead f**king serious with this sanctimonious shit about the storm honorably not buying players? The team that got done for the most systematic rorting of the salary cap any code has ever seen in this country? :lol:

You've genuinely lost it

What nasty names would you call the clubs that poached Smith, Slater, Folau, Cronk or any of Bellamy's prodigies . . . that is if none of them wanted to become a Rooster. I'd bet your tiny balls that none of the big 3 would have left Melbourne if they weren't paid overs. Inglis left because he knew he couldn't stay.

IF they did Smith would probably now be a Bronco, Slater and Cronk as well, Red Hill would've had no more need for brown paper bags than Nick does, you'd be pissing your pants over Brisbane working on it's 10th premiership

Rorting the cap is against the rules but only a f**king fool could designate it cheating when it's not used to poach players from other teams, only a bigger f**king idiot imagines players play better the more their paid. Melbourne didn't ruin the Warriors by taking Maloney or doesn't rely on Penrith's Jennings . . . Bellamy or any of his players have no trouble sleeping at night you f**kwit

POPEYE

Coach
The "cheating scum" i was referring to was the referees, not Melbourne...

As for the juniors argument, you haven't had to buy anyone of note for 10 years because you had the luck to recruit Slater, Cronk and Smith, 3 of the best players of their generation, at such an early age.

When they retire, and you decide to replace them all with Munster, Hampton and whoever you have playing hooker for the 20's, then you have a point. Up until them, coming for a Storm fan, arguing about how we poach juniors is one of the richest things i've ever heard.

Who said you poach juniors . . . impossible to poach juniors, they belong to themselves until they play NRL

Latest posts