What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Differentials

Lambretta

First Grade
I hope the roosters don't get another penalty all season. The refs hate you, suck it up merkins.

As long as the trade off is that we win every single game we play I'd go along with that.......

PS. You know it doesn't much matter if we get a penalty as all they do is give the ball to Skidsy who knocks it on :lol:

betcats

Referee
As long as the trade off is that we win every single game we play I'd go along with that.......

PS. You know it doesn't much matter if we get a penalty as all they do is give the ball to Skidsy who knocks it on :lol:

:lol: Fletch and Hindy were giving it to SKD during their interview before the test about his hands, he took it well though.

Seriously though id love for there to be some reasonable explanation for the penalty thing but it is unexplainable as far as I can tell, very strange.

firechild

First Grade
I did. It seems you didn't.

Ducks are counted towards a batsman's batting avg. If a batsman scores 0, 0, 0 - he averages 0. Hard to believe, I know. And if his next score is 1, he averages 0.25, not 1. Mind boggling stuff, right?!

Yeah, but before he scored the 1, he wouldn't have had 3 "streaks" of 0.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the "something fishy" camp with respect to the way penalties don't get awarded to the Rorters but geniuss like yourself with your meaningless "statistics" are doing nothing to convince anyone. Leave it to the few fans with half a brain to explain things.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah, but before he scored the 1, he wouldn't have had 3 "streaks" of 0.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the "something fishy" camp with respect to the way penalties don't get awarded to the Rorters but geniuss like yourself with your meaningless "statistics" are doing nothing to convince anyone. Leave it to the few fans with half a brain to explain things.
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind. :D

2014 ? Rnd 9, 2015: Number of times 8 or more penalties received in a match:-
E.g. 12/33 (36.3%) -- no. of times 8 or more received/no. of matches played (% of games during which 8 or more pens were received)

Brisbane ? 12/34 (35.3%)
Canberra ? 8/33 (24.2%)
Canterbury ? 12/37 (32.4%)
Cronulla ? 13/33 (39.4%)
Gold Coast ? 16/33 (48.5%)
Manly ? 10/35 (28.6%)
Melbourne ? 14/34 (41.2%)
New Zealand ? 11/33 (33.3%)
Newcastle ? 11/33 (33.3%)
North QLD ? 13/35 (37.1%)
Parramatta ? 7/33 (21.2%)
Penrith ? 17/35 (48.6%)
Souths ? 17/36 (47.2%)
St George Illa ? 11/33 (33.3%)
Syd Roosters ? 1/36 (2.8%)
Wests Tigers ? 15/33 (45.5%)

League Avg. minus Roosters ? 187/510 (36.7%)
Sydney Roosters ----------------1/36 (2.8%)

A meaningless statistic, indeed. :D

Unscrupulous

Bench
Holy f**king shit. 2.8%. Nearly fell off my chair. I knew it was gonna be bad but my god LOL

It honestly feels like at least one team in a game just about always gets 8 or more too.

Valheru

Coach
What do you mean “another penalty count won”? The word another implies a previous success, it was the first we have won this season.

Well deserved as well.

Cockosh

Juniors
Again, only 1 2nd Half penalty for the Chooks. To be fair Dogs didn't get one. Unusual for them, the norm for us.

That is 15 in 10 games.

What do you mean ?another penalty count won?? The word another implies a previous success, it was the first we have won this season.

Well deserved as well.

You shouldn't bother trying to reason with the f**ktards, you are wasting your time!! Not only do we get f**ked over by the refs when it comes to penalties, as well as lol@$ouff$ getting favorable treatment as the stats prove, the judiciary and match review committee love to also f**k us over and give lol@$ouff$ favorable treatment!! Just take a look at what happened on the weekend with what McInnes did to Finucane to leave him concussed, and he doesn't get charged. What McInnes did was twice as bad as what Sam Moa got suspended for on Alex Glen earlier this year!!

The favorable treatment lol@$ouff$ continually get from the nrl going on 4 years now is beyond a f**king joke!!

Cockosh

Juniors
While I'm at lets debunk the whole "Roosters give away penalties on purpose defending their own line, to reset their defence" myth.

69 penalties conceded in 10 games.
Only 24 penalties conceded in their own half (8 vs Cowboys)
11 penalties conceded inside their own 20 ( 4 vs Cowboys)
45 penalties conceded in the oppositions half
28 of these inside the oppositions 25 metres
41% of all Roosters penalties conceded are inside the oppositions 25m.

Talk about piggybacks!

Latest posts