What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Differentials

soc123_au

Staff member
The Roosters probably miss better than a penalty a game for not laying down for high shots ( credit to them) I have also noticed they dont get awarded many bullshit penalties (ala Souths) The figures dont lie. As for why, I have no idea.

Tommy Smith

Referee
7-7.

The refs were good today i thought. No doubt the Dragons were robbed a fair try and we copped a harsh diving penalty. But all in all in the flow of the game they were good and reffed what was in front of them.

What was the 2nd half split?

Not trolling btw. Just interested.

Will be interesting to watch the next month or so to see how penalty counts go for the chooks.

Stagger Lee

Bench
7-7.

The refs were good today i thought. No doubt the Dragons were robbed a fair try and we copped a harsh diving penalty. But all in all in the flow of the game they were good and reffed what was in front of them.

Sorry Tommy the ref blew before he hit the deck. I hate divers as much as the next fan but the ref called it straight away.

And as for the actual staying down he actually did get a knock to the head - though not a penelty

Jaegerex

Juniors
Sorry Tommy the ref blew before he hit the deck. I hate divers as much as the next fan but the ref called it straight away.

And as for the actual staying down he actually did get a knock to the head - though not a penelty

Blew it just based on the look of the swinging arm, we had a similar hit by Ennis against the Roosters the other week that was penalised instantly despite only clashing heads, all based on how dramatic a swinging arm can look. Can't blame them for ruling what they see happen quickly in front of them, putting the hit today on report though was a joke.

my2centsworth

Juniors
I wouldn't bring up the penalty differentials. It's clear that bringing it up gives ammo to roosters haters who bring out how ill-disciplined we are. The same haters, however, can't explain how we receive so little penalties, which is something that is out of our control. Hammering the penalties received aspect is far more effective. Only a few other opposition supporters here have offered some possibly logical conclusions.I agree with Danish, it's not a conspiracy - It's incompetence by the referees. Referees are over-policing our players so much that when the other team infringes they don't view their offences in the same regard as penalty worthy. That's incompetence and the referees not doing their job fairly in refereeing both sides

I think Jake Friend is a great hooker and fantastic defensively but he does have limited dummy half running skills - did he get 10m last week ? So often players in the defensive line get called offside - a nippy dummy half runner will make players called offside being forced to make a tackle/get in the way to stop a break - guess what they get a penalty.

I've said for the last 5 years the running game of Isaac Luke is good for 2 breaks a game or at least 2 penalties.

Dutchy

Immortal
Not much Tommy Pommy whinging recently. Results not suiting your false claims and agenda?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol false claims. Check the stats over the past 8 years.

We draw the penalty count two weeks in a row = must be false claims and everything must have been fine over the past decade.

Nice one champ, there must be a government job waiting for you with that blinkered thinking.

The refs have been good the past two weeks. Having said that we have now gone 35 games now without receiving more than 7 penalties in a game. I wonder if that's an NRL record.

Still, the refs just might be improving after they've had the spotlight put on them.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Lol false claims. Check the stats over the past 8 years.

We draw the penalty count two weeks in a row = must be false claims and everything must have been fine over the past decade.

Nice one champ, there must be a government job waiting for you with that blinkered thinking.

The refs have been good the past two weeks. Having said that we have now gone 35 games now without receiving more than 7 penalties in a game. I wonder if that's an NRL record.

Still, the refs just might be improving after they've had the spotlight put on them.

Refs giving the Roosters favourable decisions = refs have been good.

The Chookpen forum mentality.

Tommy Smith

Referee
35 games without receiving more than 7 penalties in a game. Oh, the humanity. :lol:
Current Streak: number of games played in a row without receiving > 7 penalties a game, per club:
Stats courtesy of: http://afltables.com/rl/rl_index.html

Broncos – 1
Raiders – 0
Bulldogs – 0
Sharks – 0
Titans – 1
Manly – 0
Storm – 0
Warriors – 0
Knights – 1
Cowboys – 2
Eels – 2
Panthers – 1
Rabbitohs – 2
Dragons – 0
Tigers – 1
Roosters – 36

Oh the humanity indeed.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
P.S.

Thank you linesmen, thank you ballboys. Shut this thread down because everyone just got owned. Why? BECAUSE LOOK AT THAT FOOKING STAT!!

God-King Dean

Immortal
P.S.

Thank you linesmen, thank you ballboys. Shut this thread down because everyone just got owned. Why? BECAUSE LOOK AT THAT FOOKING STAT!!

You're welcome.

551136-brett-morris.jpg

Chook Norris

First Grade
You've shown that Roosters are ill disciplined.

Given penalties are broken down into penalties received and penalties against (reflective of our discipline), how does our ill discipline supposedly show in 'penalties received' when that actually represents the discipline of the opposition?

bottle

Coach
How far out do you reckon Tupou was for that first try Tommy?
I'd say, um, 3 to 4 inches.

Latest posts