What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penelope Pittstop

salivor

First Grade
Really millers. I don't ever want to see the Broncos join the list of teams that have lost a Grand Final. I know its hard though for Sharks fans to relate to a winning culture :lol: .

millersnose

Post Whore
salivor said:
Really millers. I don't ever want to see the Broncos join the list of teams that have lost a Grand Final. I know its hard though for Sharks fans to relate to a winning culture :lol: .

frankly with the exception of this year the last decade the sharks have won more than they lost

even knocked the broncs out of the finals a few times

if your team wins more than it looses and you can be happy with that then that is cool

your priority seems 2 be:

win a premiership - failing that win the spoon

pretty weird logic salivor

salivor

First Grade
You've misinterpreted my comment millers. I said I would rather win the spoon than see my team lose a Grand Final, really what I'm saying is I'd rather they didn't make a Grand Final than lose one.

My logic is that you always aim for the top no matter what and you don't take any pride of finishing second or making the 8. Ask teams who have won the minor premiership but failed to win the comp how much the title of minor premiers means to them? It doesn't mean a thing.

The Broncos have a winning percentage over 60% and have made the finals for 12 years straight, a longer run than any other team at present. Those are great statistics but thats 7 seasons they've fallen over in the finals and with some very good teams as well.

millersnose

Post Whore
well i would rather loose the GF than win the spoon

and i am guessing so would you despite the theatrical tone of your post :lol:

salivor

First Grade
I'll tell ya how it feels next year when Berrigan leads us to our first next year :lol: .

ozzie

Bench
Rooster Cogburn. said:
slippery eel said:
Hey Cogburn, you were beaten by westie ferals. Why dont you move to Mt Druitt!. :lol:

Mt Druitt is wheresome killers are from. I'll stay in the beautiful East! ;-)

Could I ask you to show a little bit more decorum - that's not necessary - so I will change your post and take out names - sorry mate thats the way it goes. It's called even evenhandness and that is too close to the bone for a lot of people. Including people from the country and other places...

cheers

ozzie

Bench
salivor said:
ozzie said:
ummm - did your teams make the g/f??

No so kinda like the Kettle calling the pot black..

Ozzie I'm not trying to start and argument but comments like this do nothing for the image of your club. I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather my team take the wooden spoon than make a Grand Final only to lose it. I'm very proud of the fact that the Broncos have won all 5 of the Grand Finals they have contested in.
IMO 2nd is as good as last, 1st is all that matters. While some fans of the lower teams would be over the moon if their sides had achieved what he Broncos have in the last 3 years, I have taken no joy in two final 4 finishes and a top 8 finish this year.

well put it this way simply - we were beaten by a better team and good luck to them - we still beat 13 teams and they have the gall to take the rinse out of us..are you stupid or something??

salivor

First Grade
Ozzie, the Roosters and Broncos are at 1 all this season. I can take the gall out of your team if I want because as far as I'm concerned 2nd is as good as 8th because both our teams are losers this year. Stop being so sensitive you goose.

ozzie

Bench
lovely to see mate - good to see you are nothing but a paddock short of a property...I'm not the one trying to justify my teams efforts - you are..I told you and I'll tell you again - we finished 2nd - we finished in front of 13 other teams including yours...what more can i say??

salivor

First Grade
Go ask your teams players how much that second means to them. Go ask them if they'll ever actually watch a replay of that game, ask them if they'll ever tell their grandchildren about the great day they finished second. Yeah I think you know those answers.
I couldn't give a stuff if you finished ahead of my team, go ask all the teams that have won a minor premiership but failed to win the comp how great that minor premiership was. The Broncos have never lost a Grand Final and won the competition every time they have finished Minor Premiers. Thats a record to be proud of, if they ever lose a Grand Final you certainly won't see me raving about how great it was to finish above all those other teams just like you won't see me raving about how great it is to finish above 7 other teams this year.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Nick Politis said the Roosters were a dynasty that would win 3 premierships in a row. He stated that they have pretty much the same team next year so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Only thing he didn't work out was how to win 2 in a row first.
This would have been the only motivation needed for the Panthers.
It smells of arrogance to me.

ozzie said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
slippery eel said:
Hey Cogburn, you were beaten by westie ferals. Why dont you move to Mt Druitt!. :lol:

Mt Druitt is wheresome killers are from. I'll stay in the beautiful East! ;-)

Could I ask you to show a little bit more decorum - that's not necessary - so I will change your post and take out names - sorry mate thats the way it goes. It's called even evenhandness and that is too close to the bone for a lot of people. Including people from the country and other places...

cheers

Gloss it over all you like but It's the truth. I wouldn't live in Mt Druitt if it was the last place on earth.

ozzie

Bench
Maroubra Eel said:
Nick Politis said the Roosters were a dynasty that would win 3 premierships in a row. He stated that they have pretty much the same team next year so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
yep - bit like your coach picking players and suuuuch a wonderful job he has done - you guys will still be paying for it in 10 years time :lol: :lol:

ozzie

Bench
salivor said:
Go ask your teams players how much that second means to them. Go ask them if they'll ever actually watch a replay of that game, ask them if they'll ever tell their grandchildren about the great day they finished second. Yeah I think you know those answers.
I couldn't give a stuff if you finished ahead of my team, go ask all the teams that have won a minor premiership but failed to win the comp how great that minor premiership was. The Broncos have never lost a Grand Final and won the competition every time they have finished Minor Premiers. Thats a record to be proud of, if they ever lose a Grand Final you certainly won't see me raving about how great it was to finish above all those other teams just like you won't see me raving about how great it is to finish above 7 other teams this year.

-ooohh hit a raw spot did I - truth hurts or something - I would prefer to run second then 3rd..go ask your players - go ask your supporters not you ... it gives them something to aim at next year..why not put a poll up in the Brocus forum

At least i can say - we finished second and beaten in a g/f you can't - it doesn't sound the same ooooh we finished 8th...by the way - get used to losing - because its going to happen more often than not..

salivor

First Grade
Hit a raw nerve? Warning, keep sharp objects from ones rather large head.
Theres no pride in losing a Grand Final. Ask all those that have lost one how much they cherish the memory. Ask your own players how great their feeling at present. Ask all those who have played in and lost a grand final if they've ever watched a replay of the match to cherish the moment. Ask any player who has lost a Grand Final about that game and you won't see a big beeming smile come to their face as if they are re-living a wonderful occaison.
Wake up and smell the latte. I some how don't think the Roosters share your attitude because if they think its just good enough to be there and make up the numbers they are definetly going to get used to that losing feeling.

ozzie

Bench
second thoughts and a good conversation - the thread is re opened. but please watch what you post - because I will be

Maroubra Eel

Coach
ozzie said:
Maroubra Eel said:
yep - bit like your coach picking players and suuuuch a wonderful job he has done - you guys will still be paying for it in 10 years time :lol: :lol:
I can't really argue with that. Wanna swap.