What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penelope Pittstop

antonius

Coach
Goosters” 2002 What if premiers
“Goosters”2003 could’ve been premiers?

Sorry Deb!! couldn't help it!

ozzie

Bench
ummm - did your teams make the g/f??

No so kinda like the Kettle calling the pot black..

Ron Jeremy

Coach
ozzie said:

]

Wouldn't want to make the GF with a sh@# house performance like that!! :lol: :lol:

6 points :lol: :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
ozzie said:

Resort to attacking others teams.

Weak - just like your teams performance and your supporter turnout tonight.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

:D :D

ozzie

Bench
tough - I remember St George getting beaten 38-0. I remember Parramatta winning a game 6-4 in a g/f - so that puts Parra's performance in that g/f in perspective. A sh****t win.

We'll take the second prize money thanks

Ron Jeremy

Coach
ozzie said:
tough - I remember St George getting beaten 38-0. I remember Parramatta winning a game 6-4 in a g/f - so that puts Parra's performance in that g/f in perspective. A sh****t win.

Parramatta never won a GF 6-4 :lol: :lol: ....it was 4-2!!

Are you still dry heaving :lol: :lol:

antonius

Coach
Don't worry Ozzie there's always next year!!! read the sig and make sure Clagburn reads it !!! there is a god!

ozzie

Bench
Tigerwhatever where did the Tigers finish? Where di the Faders finish - Next...

Jedda

Juniors
There is a god and he feeds Chickens to Panthers!

Comiserations, guess its back to the Chook house to lay some eggs and try to raise a few local juniors for next year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"What If" Premiers indeed?!

ozzie

Bench
antonius said:
Goosters” 2002 What if premiers
“Goosters”2003 could’ve been premiers?

Sorry Deb!! couldn't help it!
hey Antonious - wouldn't this post be better on The Wall -we don't see Rooster Cpgburn much over this way..

Doctor

Bench
Before the match I didn't think I would offer any sympathy for the Roosters - I haven't changed my mind.

To put it nicely, just like Manly in 1997 and Parramatta in 2001, the Roosters were arrogant in favourtism. They were overwhelming favourites, just like the teams mentioned, and yet they still managed to remove any thought of a loss from their heads.
The Panthers did exactly what they needed to - they kept the Roosters at bay, and hung in there despite repeat sets defending their line.

Tonight's victory is one for the underdogs - just like Newcastle's great Grand Finals of 1997 and 2001, every except the home town couldn't factor in the possibility of an underdog's win.
You talk about fairytale GFs - tonight was one of them and I'm glad I watched it.

As for the Knights not being in the Grand Final - that's because the Roosters completely outclassed and out-muscled the Knights in all aspects three weeks ago. Unfortunately for the Roosters their successes against the under-strength but otherwise excuseless Knights, and the week off, proved to work against them. A whole lot of momentum going into the Grand Final, based on the prospect of back-to-back titles - and Penrith snuck in there with no pressure and no "chance of winning" - they won, and it is to their credit.

Minichiello's two mistakes cost the Roosters - is this the man we want in an Australian jersey. Suggestions he is a quality fullback take a significant battering tonight. The fact most of his season has been mistake-free is insignificant - in the big games he crumbles, and that seems to be the honest trend. As for Scotty Sattler's tackle - that epitomised what the Panthers did all night - they stuck at it, made the simple tasks their focus, and put together a very good 80 minutes of football.

I take my hat off to the Panthers, and quietly chuckle at the prospect of Roosters making excuses for defeat at the final barrier to success - those Roosters fans magnanimous enough to accept their defeat as the product of being outplayed, and not managing to use their tactics effectively are to be commended.

Well done Panthers on a great performance - and to think Phil Gould thought they'd come last.....

ozzie

Bench
antonius said:
Don't worry Ozzie there's always next year!!! read the sig and make sure Clagburn reads it !!! there is a god!

lol he'll prbably sneak over for a look

hybrid_tiger

Coach
ozzie said:
Tigerwhatever where did the Tigers finish? Where di the Faders finish - Next...

Once again the only thing you can resort too is attacking our teams.

Maybe if your team and supporters didnt have their heads so far up their asses, there wouldnt be so many people who would be over the moon right now.

Your supporters brought this onto yourselves by acting like stuck up pricks for most of the season.

I can smell egg on a few peoples faces!

foetus_head

Juniors
Dont worry Goosters, all you need is our jerseys, but the way you played today, well...actually, I don;t think anything can help you, you arent even the What If? premiers anymore, you are just on the losers bench with everyone else. Get used to it cause next year im tipping wooden spoon for you!

It's all cool Tony, if you can't take it then don't give it is my motto.

I've dished it out in the past and will take it on the chin like a Man :lol:

Mia where have you been? I'll give you chokers when I get hold of you. [Do you like yours with studs] ;-)

Dragon

Coach
ozzie said:
tough - I remember St George getting beaten 38-0.

Hmmmmm, i remember St George winning 11 straight!

Walker must feel a right fool now.