What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penelope Pittstop

ozzie

Bench
naah the last time we did that - swaps I mean - we won - we picked up Cayless and you got Solomano, but let me look - Mr Smith - hmmmm Mr Anderson might want to swap

glamour_eel

Juniors
salivor said:
Hit a raw nerve? Warning, keep sharp objects from ones rather large head.
Theres no pride in losing a Grand Final. Ask all those that have lost one how much they cherish the memory. Ask your own players how great their feeling at present. Ask all those who have played in and lost a grand final if they've ever watched a replay of the match to cherish the moment. Ask any player who has lost a Grand Final about that game and you won't see a big beeming smile come to their face as if they are re-living a wonderful occaison.
Wake up and smell the latte. I some how don't think the Roosters share your attitude because if they think its just good enough to be there and make up the numbers they are definetly going to get used to that losing feeling.

Exactly.

Losing a grand final, you just feel like shit. You've just been drop kicked right in you fking heart. It burns. If someone asked me in 2001 would you rather Parra make the grand final and lose or lose to brisbane in the prelims i'd take the latter. Losing the grandfinal to Newcastle and watching them parade around as 'the best team of 01' was killing me.

And I would like to know, Roosters fans as a serious question. Did winning in 2002 erase the pain of 2000? Cos i'd imagine it would somewhat. Anyways...

mj5150

Juniors
Dragon said:
ozzie said:
tough - I remember St George getting beaten 38-0.

We'll take the second prize money thanks

Hmmmmm, i remember St George winning 11 straight!

11 straight? Not too bad. I remember the Roosters winning 12 straight, and that included a G/F and a World Club Championship...and I bet I don't have to think back as far as you.

P.S. I know this is a bit late, but I couldn't bring myself to be near anything footy for the past week. Still hurting... :cry:

RoostarGirl

Juniors
glamour_eel said:
salivor said:
Hit a raw nerve? Warning, keep sharp objects from ones rather large head.
Theres no pride in losing a Grand Final. Ask all those that have lost one how much they cherish the memory. Ask your own players how great their feeling at present. Ask all those who have played in and lost a grand final if they've ever watched a replay of the match to cherish the moment. Ask any player who has lost a Grand Final about that game and you won't see a big beeming smile come to their face as if they are re-living a wonderful occaison.
Wake up and smell the latte. I some how don't think the Roosters share your attitude because if they think its just good enough to be there and make up the numbers they are definetly going to get used to that losing feeling.

And I would like to know, Roosters fans as a serious question. Did winning in 2002 erase the pain of 2000? Cos i'd imagine it would somewhat. Anyways...

Absolutely......

Also having made those Grand Finals in 2000 and 2003 and losing is not that bad.....look you've gotta be in it to win it......the scores could have been reversed......so what they weren't they could have been.

I have been a Rooster fan for 30 years and I can honestly say that I am so proud of the boys for making 3 of the last 4 Grand Final regardless of the results.....of course winning is a better option....but well second place still sits ok with this little Rooster Booster. I love my Champion Team.

GO THE ROOSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mj5150

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
Also having made those Grand Finals in 2000 and 2003 and losing is not that bad.....look you've gotta be in it to win it......the scores could have been reversed......so what they weren't they could have been.

I have been a Rooster fan for 30 years and I can honestly say that I am so proud of the boys for making 3 of the last 4 Grand Final regardless of the results.....of course winning is a better option....but well second place still sits ok with this little Rooster Booster. I love my Champion Team.

I'm with you there sister (oops, I'm channelling Oprah). Much more enjoyable than those dark and depressing 80's.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
mj5150 said:
RoostarGirl said:

I'm with you there sister (oops, I'm channelling Oprah). Much more enjoyable than those dark and depressing 80's.

LOL!!! Yeah well I was around in those days with my Mum and Dad....and in the 90's....not that much to cheer about then either.....

So I am proud to say that my persistence has paid off.....take me to a Grand Final every year.

I still reckon Rooster fans of late are the luckiest around.

GO THE ROOSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and 5 boys in the Australian line up isn't bad either.

melon....

Coach
Original_Chook said:
Unfortunately for the Roosters their successes against the under-strength but otherwise excuseless Knights, and the week off, proved to work against them.

And what about the other 2 games we caned you? Where you understrength then? Joey's face standing there under the posts said it all.

Original_Chook said:
Minichiello's two mistakes cost the Roosters - is this the man we want in an Australian jersey.

No of course not!! He's only one of the best runners in the game. He had an off night under the conditions. No. Lets recall O'Davis!! And tell the selectors they got it wrong. I mean they keep picking Turnstyles Gidley dont they?

I'm cleaning up and locking all the anti Cogburn and insightful anti rooster threads. That means in some cases I will change thread titles.

I don't care what people think of individual posters but this attack mentality has gone far enough.

mj5150

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
LOL!!! Yeah well I was around in those days with my Mum and Dad....and in the 90's....not that much to cheer about then either.....

You must be around my age. I started supporting the Roosters around 1979/1980 - the same time I started playing competition sport (poofball, unfortunately). I was too young in '75 and don't really remember 1980's GF (I'm getting a copy of the game at the moment) so I was extremely happy when we took the President's Cup in '93. That's about the time I thought it was all going to turn around for us, although it took a few years more than I had hoped.
No wonder we cheered loud and we cheered long last year - 27 years is a long time to wait (just ask Cronulla fans). Dammit, the 12 months we're going to have to wait until our next one is a long time (I'll be as arrogant as I bloody well want to be :) )

RoostarGirl

Juniors
mj5150 said:
RoostarGirl said:

You must be around my age. I started supporting the Roosters around 1979/1980 - the same time I started playing competition sport (poofball, unfortunately). I was too young in '75 and don't really remember 1980's GF (I'm getting a copy of the game at the moment) so I was extremely happy when we took the President's Cup in '93. That's about the time I thought it was all going to turn around for us, although it took a few years more than I had hoped.
No wonder we cheered loud and we cheered long last year - 27 years is a long time to wait (just ask Cronulla fans). Dammit, the 12 months we're going to have to wait until our next one is a long time (I'll be as arrogant as I bloody well want to be :) )

Well I was only 3 when we won that 75 Grand Final.

Mum and Dad used to take my sisters and I to all the games at the Sports Ground I used to love the place...still remember the days very clearly. We still go to games now but unfortunately Dad passed away back in 1997 and didn't get to enjoy all the good times we have had of late.

Anyway your absolutely right mj we deserve to cheer we have certainly seen the lean times....and I just can't wait for next season......

antonius

Coach
Penelope Pittstop said:
I'm cleaning up and locking all the anti Cogburn and insightful anti rooster threads. That means in some cases I will change thread titles.

I don't care what people think of individual posters but this attack mentality has gone far enough.
Mmmmm noticed the title had been changed.
I don't want to get in an argument on this Deb, but this post was a direct reply to a request put in the Knights section ( titled "Hey antonius") by Cogburn prior to the grand final. The subject of the request has been an ongoing debate between him and I all year. He asked the question, I replied. The fact that the initial post in the sorry was accompanied by a "sorry Deb" would indicate that it was more tounge in cheek than anything else.

I don't want to argue with you either. Despite who said what first, I believe that the Cogburn issue is excessive. It's not what LU are about. If ya want to rumble with Cogburn do it where I'm not a mod :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, lets just move on. Tony, I think your tops and just want to have a roosters section where we bicker n' bitch in a good way. As I was in the NRL section cleaning out the anti rooster stuff, I thought I would do the same here. Honestly, this is one of the most popular threads and to have Cogburns name bought up each time we get a reply just aggrivates things. Plus I'm prettier than Coggie and my name looks great in lights. :lol: No offence meant by changing the topic.

mj5150

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:

Mum and Dad used to take my sisters and I to all the games at the Sports Ground I used to love the place...still remember the days very clearly. We still go to games now but unfortunately Dad passed away back in 1997 and didn't get to enjoy all the good times we have had of late.

Anyway your absolutely right mj we deserve to cheer we have certainly seen the lean times....and I just can't wait for next season......

I was three back at the 75 GF also. Unfortunately, my Dad was always an Eels supporter. This had nothing to do with location as I'm a born and bred Novocastrian. These two limiting factors kept me away from finding a team I could support with a passion until I was old enough to make up my own mind (my two boys - 6 and 4 year olds - are currently Roosters supporters thanks to my forceful influence).

Sorry to hear that about your Dad. My Dad's still alive, but it's sad to think I've never even been to a footy game with him. I'm going to have to make that a priority for next year (even if I do have to put up with him cheering on the Knights).

RoostarGirl

Juniors
mj5150 said:
RoostarGirl said:

I was three back at the 75 GF also. Unfortunately, my Dad was always an Eels supporter. This had nothing to do with location as I'm a born and bred Novocastrian. These two limiting factors kept me away from finding a team I could support with a passion until I was old enough to make up my own mind (my two boys - 6 and 4 year olds - are currently Roosters supporters thanks to my forceful influence).

Sorry to hear that about your Dad. My Dad's still alive, but it's sad to think I've never even been to a footy game with him. I'm going to have to make that a priority for next year (even if I do have to put up with him cheering on the Knights).

Thanks mj, sounds like a good idea going to the footy with your Dad and kids. I take my kids to the footy my son is a mad Rooster fan (about to turn 5) and wont even go to Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Penrith because they sell doughnuts with Panther coloured sprinkles :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor kid everytime he sees a flag, jersey, T shirt, bumper sticker for any other team.....he yells out "ROOSTERS!!!!!!!" omg I reckon he will get me belted one day....especially living amongst the current Premers.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats why I take my kids to the footy to keep the tradition alive......

misty

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:
It's all cool Tony, if you can't take it then don't give it is my motto.

I've dished it out in the past and will take it on the chin like a Man :lol:

:lol: :lol: good gurl.

Mia where have you been? I'll give you chokers when I get hold of you. [Do you like yours with studs] ;-)

Mmmmmm, you know I'm into that sort of thing :p

That would look amazing with my latex cat suit ;-)

H.o.T

Juniors
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:

I'm just in my other personality at the mo Mia :lol:

Wait for my p'm.. Ya not going to beleive the latest :D

misty

Juniors
:shock: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk!

I can't keep track of you with all your names :lol: :lol:

I'll have to drag out some of mine :p