What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith from everyone’s second favourite club in 2003 to absolute hated club in 2021:

This Year?

Immortal
That's the one I dont understand. I dont get the Nathan hate, apart from the tik tok thing he hasn't really done much wrong apart from being not the most handsome specimen running around.
The Nathan hate mainly stems from him being excessively talked up by the media, plus being the coach's son doesn't help. His game has came along in leaps and bounds over the last 3 years though and it's very easy to forget he's only 23. If he wins the Grand Final he will have done it all except for win a world cup which is awesome at that age.

Last Week

Bench
Penrith will probably win the comp, but they're going to have a bad smell about them considering how they've won games and what they've been allowed to get away with.

roofromoz

First Grade
Well done Panther. Great defence.

You still live in a shit hole and your coach is a gronk.

The Pride of the League are only paying $2.45 instead of $4.00 this time around for your annual choke.

Two consecutive grand final chokes. That's a paddlin'.

Enjoy the week, dick wads.

Thank you, I will enjoy the week.

Glen

Bench
Back to back chokes is a fantasy that is already giving me a semi one week out. Can’t see it happening though, and they might be earning their smugness very soon.

Luai however would need a 10 premiership dynasty to justify the way he carries on.

myrrh ken

First Grade
The Nathan hate mainly stems from him being excessively talked up by the media, plus being the coach's son doesn't help. His game has came along in leaps and bounds over the last 3 years though and it's very easy to forget he's only 23. If he wins the Grand Final he will have done it all except for win a world cup which is awesome at that age.
Also for being a tik tok knob who then lied about it then got a slap on the wrist.

He's getting less unlikeable tbh

Maximus

Coach
Back to back chokes is a fantasy that is already giving me a semi one week out. Can’t see it happening though, and they might be earning their smugness very soon.

Luai however would need a 10 premiership dynasty to justify the way he carries on.

What would be great is if Luai, Gagai and Cody Walker get into a brawl pre-game and have to be replaced, so we don't have to watch 3 of the biggest merkins in the game

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If Luai wasn't playing I wouldn't mind the Panthers. Luai is just a horribly unlikeable person on the field.

Then again.....Souffs......

What a choice to make.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
In 2003 the only player i can remember that wasnt likeable was gower due to being a complete merkin on the piss. Sattler, lewis, presto, wesser, ben ross. All likeable.

Luai, brian and crichton look like the group you dont want to get stuck next to on the train because they would be loud, annoying and the token knobs that blasts music without headphones. Cleary being a protected species also doesnt help

Yeah, but Penrith have taken it to a whole new level this year.

Not as grubby as the Storms past issues, but Penrith don't need to be manipulating the game like they do. They're good enough without it. But hey, Ivan's gotta Ivan.
If they lose, the karen-ing from rodent coach Ivan is going to be unbearable.

If they win, the resulting smug will see many Australians migrate to the AFL states.

shear_joy9

Coach
I dont think he's even a bad bloke. Just has a very very punchable face.
aside from coming from a family of criminals, stomping on the back of defenseless players heads and trying to instigate fights at every opportunity yeah, Luai is an angel.