What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith from everyone’s second favourite club in 2003 to absolute hated club in 2021:

If Luai wasn't playing I wouldn't mind the Panthers. Luai is just a horribly unlikeable person on the field.

Then again.....Souffs......

What a choice to make.

That goes a long way toward it I reckon. The mannerisms of players - especially when winning.

I can’t find anything to like about Luai. Respect his ability - yeah I do. There’s no one else in the panthers side who is truly despisable for mine, but he is. And that carries itself into the view on the team as a whole.

Some people may call it confidence, youthful exuberance… others like me simply see a twat.

We will see if this twat helps his team win a comp on the weekend and earn some respect for what he does on the field, as opposed to the way he loses it for the way he carries on..

Reflector

Juniors
Luai strikes me as the kind of kid who, back in high school would've started shit while the teachers' back was turned and then when caught in the act would've blamed somebody else. I get "Jonah from Tonga" vibes about him...

betcats

Referee
aside from coming from a family of criminals, stomping on the back of defenseless players heads and trying to instigate fights at every opportunity yeah, Luai is an angel.

The hide on Luai not picking a law abiding man to father him hey, he’d be so much more likeable if he went out getting drunk and belting helpless citizens who wanted nothing to do with it. You drop kick, hate him all you want doesn’t stop him being great guy and great player.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
In 2003 the only player i can remember that wasnt likeable was gower due to being a complete merkin on the piss. Sattler, lewis, presto, wesser, ben ross. All likeable.

Luai, brian and crichton look like the group you dont want to get stuck next to on the train because they would be loud, annoying and the token knobs that blasts music without headphones. Cleary being a protected species also doesnt help
Joel Clinton was particularity likeable, in a Broncos jersey

Blues Riff

Bench
That goes a long way toward it I reckon. The mannerisms of players - especially when winning.

I can’t find anything to like about Luai. Respect his ability - yeah I do. There’s no one else in the panthers side who is truly despisable for mine, but he is. And that carries itself into the view on the team as a whole.

Some people may call it confidence, youthful exuberance… others like me simply see a twat.

We will see if this twat helps his team win a comp on the weekend and earn some respect for what he does on the field, as opposed to the way he loses it for the way he carries on..
It was different in your day wasn't it Ethyl?

age.s

First Grade
Anyway, to provide something to the thread, if you're coming to LU for anything other than entertainment then you're doing it wrong. And it's more entertaining to have half the forum frothing about you. As Panthers fans we should just enjoy the ride and play it cool rather than getting butthurt about what neutral fans think of us.

Then when we win we can be all...

drinkingtears-tears.gif

roofromoz

First Grade
Watch the opening scene of Shortbus to see another way it can be done. Makes more sense, may need to be more agile acrobatically though.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I haven’t encountered panthers hate outside of this forum and even then most of it is just tongue in cheek trolling.
Its out there and there is a lot. Many people while enjoying watching them play do not enjoy the whinging and cockiness on the field. At the start alot of non-panther fans thought it was fun and nice to see young boys enjoying themselves. but it got old quickly and is now seen more as a lack of humility and expression of ego.
I agree some of the any Nathan sentiments are because of his father, but its also because he gets special treatment from the NRL.

martielang

Bench
Its out there and there is a lot. Many people while enjoying watching them play do not enjoy the whinging and cockiness on the field. At the start alot of non-panther fans thought it was fun and nice to see young boys enjoying themselves. but it got old quickly and is now seen more as a lack of humility and expression of ego.
I agree some of the any Nathan sentiments are because of his father, but its also because he gets special treatment from the NRL.

What makes them cocky or arrogant? Because Crichton patted a bloke on the head 9 months ago?

Personally I think it's f**king great that players want to play for the club, their teammates and their area. It's great to have some sort of tribalism in the game again.