What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers Jersey Flegg/NSW Cup 2022 Discussion Thread

Original Name

Juniors

Iamback

Coach
He's a real goer, a bit like Ruben Cotter.

Also I watched a replay of the semi final of the SG Ball game against the Raiders. Our prop King who missed the gf made a real impact in the finals game with the ball. He's got a bit of potential, in the big destructive front rower mould.

He has played a few Flegg games.

The other prop Sagaga I think is better but certainly talent there.
Good to see an edge get player of the year. Finally a position FG is short in

ALX25

Bench
He's a real goer, a bit like Ruben Cotter.

Also I watched a replay of the semi final of the SG Ball game against the Raiders. Our prop King who missed the gf made a real impact in the finals game with the ball. He's got a bit of potential, in the big destructive front rower mould.

Think the player you mean who is a real goer is Del Wigmore. Either way hope Del and Isaiah make the final QLD U19 side.

Kilkenny

Coach
I see our JF boys got thumped by the table topping Roosters side Which obviously is a disappointing result.

Original Name

Juniors
I see our JF boys got thumped by the table topping Roosters side Which obviously is a disappointing result.
Every 3 years or so we get junior prem winning side. Just had one in Burton's group and have one coming through who just won SG Ball. In-between that we usually make the finals and do respectably.

ALX25

Bench
I guess a tough loss will be good for this age group to address their weaknesses at training. Perhaps the wet weather was also an issue.

Original Name

Juniors
Just something about our win over the bears in Cup. The bears scored 3 tries and we score 2 yet we won 17-12. All the tries we let in were on the edges with two right in the corner. Sometimes the opposition kicks them all and you lose by one anyway but that defence to push their tries to the edges gives you a chance of luck. You make your own luck through your own effort.
I guess a tough loss will be good for this age group to address their weaknesses at training. Perhaps the wet weather was also an issue.
Here's our last few Flegg scores before the Chooks game. 64-16 (win), 36-16(win), 40-12(win), (bye), 34-10(loss).

Perhaps the Raiders thrashing/winning despite conceding plenty against the Eels gave the boys a false sense of how hard it was going to be winning against good teams.

Iamback

Coach

I have watched most games. They seem to
Clock off for periods. Early on were winning from behind.

Even when scored 60 Raiders were up 10-4.
Eels a huge lead got worn down

That should improve as the year moves on

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
NSW Cup: Staines named at fullback and Turuva in the centers.
Anyone understand the thinking in this?
Are they looking at brining Turuva in as a center for 1st grade?
Geyer in the starting side.

Kilkenny

Coach
NSW Cup flogged as well Bit of a concern. Thought we had a decent side on paper but the final score line not to flattering.

Latest posts