What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths Preliminary Final

Sime_11

Juniors
South’s will try to make this emotional like they did with the roosters game, just keep our attitude in check and compete 100% on every play.

it’s very much like origin 3, all going for us and we are expected to show up and win. Keep our heads down and expect anything. No mercy whatsoever

martielang

Bench
South’s have absolutely nothing to lose which makes them dangerous.

I think they need to grub it up and play as aggressive as possible to cause us some issues. Can’t begrudge them for doing that.

kinghippo

Juniors
Kikau stirring it up on social media isn’t going to help.
Best off staying out of the medias crosshairs.

We need to stay focused and respectful.
We have had a fair bit of off field garbage coming into the finals the last few years with Naden and May.
Hopefully we behave like champions and leave the grubbiness to others.

GongPanther

Referee
I don't see why they shouldn't - the last three finals games against them have had margins of victory of 4, 6, and 2 points. I don't see next week being any different.
Last week's Parra game was a huge stepping stone in our team's evolution. The confidence and belief would have done wonders, and I expect the Panthers to do a right job on them by much more than those margins.

A revisit to a scoreline such as the one the last time we played Souths in Dubbo will suffice.

Maybe a revisit of a certain Dubbo match

maple_69

Bench
Short of anything going wrong, we just need to ignore what Souths are doing and play our game. They’re a team that struggles against strong packs, with a few forwards out/busted, one that struggles with ball control playing in the wet more than likely and against a team that will give them nothing.

Hope we don’t wait till the final quarter to put them to the sword, as others have said, if it stays tight for a while, we could have casualties for the granny or just bad luck.

Frankus

Juniors
Take them on up the middle.the sharks went wide all day and he had no problem handling it
All due respect to the Sharks - their backline isn't of the same quality as ours. And their forward pack was full of names only - most with their best days well behind them.

Play to our winning formula - middle dominance and pressure.

I think it will be a close game until the 60th minute where our conditioning and grit takes over.

Expecting JFH and Leniu to really shine this game. Leniu coming off the bench around 30 minutes in against the tiring Bunnies middle is tantalising.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Lachie Miller got caught out several times in defence. Sharks may have been a bit flat after the Cows game. The last time we played Souths no Nathan no Jerome and one or two others yet we still beat them.

We have won 7 out of the last eight against the Rabbits no reason we can't beat them again!!

snickers007

Juniors
On top of the guys who went off on Saturday night, Rabbits centre Campbell Graham is playing through broken ribs. Not sure why they're disclosing this info - but I imagine we'll be sending Kiks his way every chance we get.

Munky

Coach
On top of the guys who went off on Saturday night, Rabbits centre Campbell Graham is playing through broken ribs. Not sure why they're disclosing this info - but I imagine we'll be sending Kiks his way every chance we get.

Bizarre, it's one thing having to worry about being tackled by the corpse of Wade Graham and the nuffy reserve graders the Sharks played at centre and wing. Tago and Kikau aren't going to miss the target zone when hitting.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
When strong, feign weakness. When weak, feign strength. But yes, test him out by all means. Wait for the pain killers to wear off.