What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith want Lyon

bartman

Immortal
Wouldn't mind Jason Cayless back either just quietly. I know he's under contract, but stranger things have happened...

Stagger eel

Staff member
another theory is that the less we hear about it the more it may come into fruition as Parramatta won't officially announce it until they have the contract stored away in the football office vault.

dazeely

First Grade
Haven't 10 clubs put in bids for Morley? Lucky guy, can basically pick and choose all while I think he's still under contract at Roosters.

Heard a rumour that Bradford were trying to lure Nathan Hindmarsh to come over despite being under contract... might've just been wishful thinking from a Bulls fan though.
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=142340

Just heard tahu has also accepted a lucrative deal (5 years) from saints and will join next year to play on the wing.

whats doing here bartman with this rumour.

dazeely

First Grade
Saints March Past Dragons to Reach Semi-Finals

Saints became the first team into the Powergen Challenge Cup semi-finals after a comfortable 56-10 win over Les Catalans Dragons.

The margin of victory could have been much greater, with Saints having two tries disallowed and failing to finish off several breaks, but they still scored ten tries.

Ade Gardner scored his first Saints hat-trick, while Sean Long, Leon Pryce, Jon Wilkin, Vinnie Anderson and namesake Paul all touched down.

The rest of Saints points were contributed by Australian centre Jamie Lyon, with a try and eight conversions.
The win ensured Saints reached their sixth consecutive Challenge Cup semi-final, and will find out the identity of their opponents this Tuesday morning.

Click here to read the full match report

dazeely

First Grade
eelavation said:
oh! Daz!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

eela my heads still spinning mate. the way things have been going anythings possible even the unthinkable.

i'm going crazy........... :crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
dazeely said:
eela my heads still spinning mate. the way things have been going anythings possible even the unthinkable.

i'm going crazy........... :crazy:

you think you're spinning now, wait until July 1...they'll be alot of players leaving in probably just as many coming in, you wouldn't know where to look. but you can rest assured that both Hindy and T will be at the club next year ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
bartman said:
Mimi$ is a player manager, he'd be milking this trip out for a$ long a$ he can imo.

That's exactly what I meant with the more than one contract scenario.
He would have his own interests in mind as much as Jamies.

Suity

jayman

Juniors
no way parra would let hindy and tahu leave...

if they did... fitzy better start running now before the parra mob lynches him..

bartman

Immortal
dazeely said:
whats doing here bartman with this rumour.
A mate of mine over here seriously heard/thought Bradford were going to bring Hindy over. Set him straight when I saw him the other weekend (he's a Bradford fan), sure it was just wishful thinking and they ended up with Morro anyway...

The other one re Tahu is just a piss-take, a Leeds supporter (WJ) taking St Helens fans to task about being linked to every possible (and impossible) centre going round, once they'd conceded that Lyon was actually leaving them. Had me going initially, but if you read it out loud with a Yorkshire accent, you get the humour and then you know it's not true :lol:

St.Seahawksl

Juniors
http://http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=rleague/06/06/04/RUGBYL_St_Helens_Nightlead.html

Latest Jamie Lyon news.

"It would be great, if it was my last season, to go out with the Challenge Cup and Super League as well," he said.

Meanwhile, Lyon insists that no decision has yet been made about his future, despite reports emanating from Sydney that an announcement is imminent over a three-year deal thought to be worth £120,000 a season.

"It's getting near but nothing has been decided as yet," he said. "I've still got a few things to think about.

"We're still talking, nothing has eventuated yet."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
bartman said:
Wouldn't mind Jason Cayless back either just quietly. I know he's under contract, but stranger things have happened...

sh*t yeah

strider

Post Whore
St.Seahawksl said:
http://http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=rleague/06/06/04/RUGBYL_St_Helens_Nightlead.html

Latest Jamie Lyon news.

"It would be great, if it was my last season, to go out with the Challenge Cup and Super League as well," he said.

Meanwhile, Lyon insists that no decision has yet been made about his future, despite reports emanating from Sydney that an announcement is imminent over a three-year deal thought to be worth £120,000 a season.

"It's getting near but nothing has been decided as yet," he said. "I've still got a few things to think about.

"We're still talking, nothing has eventuated yet."

f**kin what? .... I thought it was done and dusted, just needed the old john hancock on the bit of paper???

parralight

Juniors
I AM SO SO SICK OF THIS CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First he contacts the club and wants to sign - now he decides he wants to think it over.
I think fellow fans , we just had better get used to the fact that as everyday goes by the chances of getting Jamie back to Parra gets shorter.

I thought there was a deadline to all of this ???

So he stringes us along and we lose out in signing another marque player and he goes somewhere else. If this happens , HE will be hung by his short and curleys when he runs out next year with souths or manly or whoever he chooses.

junior009

Juniors
bartman said:
A mate of mine over here seriously heard/thought Bradford were going to bring Hindy over.

I've heard he has a clause in his contract allowing him to go to England. I'd imagine it's a bit more complicated than just that though.

fish eel

Immortal
parralight said:

First he contacts the club and wants to sign - now he decides he wants to think it over.
I think fellow fans , we just had better get used to the fact that as everyday goes by the chances of getting Jamie back to Parra gets shorter.

So he stringes us along and we lose out in signing another marque player and he goes somewhere else. If this happens , HE will be hung by his short and curleys when he runs out next year with souths or manly or whoever he chooses.

any professional player would be mad to sign a deal without seriously going over it.

His manager only went over to the UK quite recently.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
parralight said:

I agree. Surely he wouldn't stuff us around again.

If he does there will be hell to pay!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Every day it gets closer to June 30 is every day closer it gets to Lyon signing elsewhere. I'll be more surprised now if he does sign with the Eels.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
any professional player would be mad to sign a deal without seriously going over it.

His manager only went over to the UK quite recently.

And rumours would suggest that the deal has been in his hands for quite some time fishy. ;-)

Latest posts