What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

stryker

First Grade
The forward battle between Eels and Panthers will be SOO like.
Parra‘s pigs belted 7 shades of shit out of the Newcastle pack and the Penrith pack were outplayed on the weekend and will be seeking redemption.
Its going to be great and it’s a shame that the backs will be on the field to interrupt the war.

lucablight

First Grade
The Eels leaked 20 against an average Newcastle side. Do they have the defence to hold Penrith to 1 or 2 tries? Because that's what they will need to do to win. I don't see it.
They kept Melbourne to two tries and scoreless for the last 51 minutes. Penrith let an even more mediocre Tigers side put 16 points on them when they were at full strength. I’m not going to deny the possibility that Penrith comes out and comfortably beats the Eels. However, when I look at the Eels roster and what they’re capable of at their best I’m not going to say Penrith are going to demolish them “no doubt”. Don’t forget that Penrith were going to easily account for a Souths side with no Latrell and no defence either last week.

yobbo84

First Grade
They kept Melbourne to two tries and scoreless for the last 51 minutes. Penrith let an even more mediocre Tigers side put 16 points on them when they were at full strength. I’m not going to deny the possibility that Penrith comes out and comfortably beats the Eels. However, when I look at the Eels roster and what they’re capable of at their best I’m not going to say Penrith are going to demolish them “no doubt”.
Let's see them perform in a finals match against someone not 7th or 8th - then I might rate them higher.

Don’t forget that Penrith were going to easily account for a Souths side with no Latrell and no defence either last week.
Only by people with no idea.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
South Park Thumbs Up GIF

yobbo84

First Grade
They kept Melbourne to two tries and scoreless for the last 51 minutes. Penrith let an even more mediocre Tigers side put 16 points on them when they were at full strength. I’m not going to deny the possibility that Penrith comes out and comfortably beats the Eels. However, when I look at the Eels roster and what they’re capable of at their best I’m not going to say Penrith are going to demolish them “no doubt”. Don’t forget that Penrith were going to easily account for a Souths side with no Latrell and no defence either last week.
I'll put my hand up and say I got the Eels all wrong. Brilliant defensive effort last night. If they got the 50/50's they would have likely won.

Just a shame for their supporters they bottled it at the end of the regular season. Finish 4th and they would have been in a prelim.

lucablight

First Grade
C
I'll put my hand up and say I got the Eels all wrong. Brilliant defensive effort last night. If they got the 50/50's they would have likely won.

Just a shame for their supporters they bottled it at the end of the regular season. Finish 4th and they would have been in a prelim.
Cheers mate! I appreciate the fact you’re willing to change your mind when you were given a new perspective. It’s a shame one of the sides had to lose because it was a great game.

GongPanther

Referee

three disallowed tries for the Panthers. We need to improve in that area or we'll be toast.

C

Cheers mate! I appreciate the fact you’re willing to change your mind when you were given a new perspective. It’s a shame one of the sides had to lose because it was a great game.
Well done Luca, Yobbo.

Penrith has been involved in two great games this final series, both have been tense and brilliant viewing (I think for the neutral, for me both have been agony!!). Last nights could have gone either way.

johns_reds

First Grade
My post was deleted because of cheating allegations... I hope mods don't read game day threads, they'll be deleting every second post!

Let me rephrase.. Panthers trainer is under investigation for calling time off whilst Eels were on a break and looked certain to score.

Here is a link for source:

GongPanther

Referee
My post was deleted because of cheating allegations... I hope mods don't read game day threads, they'll be deleting every second post!

Let me rephrase.. Panthers trainer is under investigation for calling time off whilst Eels were on a break and looked certain to score.

Here is a link for source:

stryker

First Grade
No one is saying that. They are saying that an opportunity was taken away from them, which it was. I'd be annoyed if it was the other way around. The narrative from some sections of the media implying that it decided the game is far fetched though.
The fact Penrith had a number of tries disallowed does make me think they were the better side. Parra didn’t really look like scoring until that set where their momentum was stolen in some dirty pool from Penriths coaching staff. They have a right to feel aggrieved but they also missed many other opportunities.

Latest posts