What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Pink Panther

Juniors
I think in some ways. last nights win by MY Penny Ps was our greatest win of all time v Souths

Backs to the wall and without all those stars and we beat the second best teak in the NRL in a Grand Final replay

Souths have been exceptionally strong in the forwards most of the year, but were well beaten up the middle tonight. Unlike their losses earlier this year, their response was bold and a shame that the early kick from Ilias didn’t get rewarded, and the way they created line breaks while on the back foot was very impressive. Ilias also did an exceptional defensive effort on Kikau, still made the odd mistake under pressure

Cleary & Luai on each side of the park . With Cleary ( instead of Salmon) on that right edge in particular, the Souths dangerous left edge attack has been far less effective in the past. Hence the 8 Panther wins from their last 9 meetings. but last night was our greatest win EVER without our big time stars

I honestly think Dylan Edwards is a real shot for fullback of the year, pending what happens over the next 6-7 weeks

For everything he did this evening… probably the least stood out for me. Right at the end Penrith got a penalty on half way after Souths’ failed short kick off. 20 second remaining, who takes the hit up and runs straight into the forward pack… Edwards

He’s one of those players who isn’t the best at anything – he’s not the biggest, the strongest, the fastest, best footwork – except effort

Well done Penny Ps

Everybodys favourite team - Martin had a big game last night. It was obvious he wasn’t 100% as he was sprinting with a limp ! I was wondering if those lateral ligaments weren’t connected to his hands earlier in the night ?

Penny Ps are in our ears and in our eyes

Pink Panther

Juniors
My Panthers are the kings of line speed but The game would be very different if players were back with the Ref and moved when the ball had cleared the foot? Some of the tolerance shown for defensive lines blows my mine. I think every team tries to move that quickly but some aren’t fit enough to sustain it. Some are scared by the officials whistle more than others? Some aren’t as well versed on what they can get away with at the right time. I watch a lot of kick chase where if a try is scored they’re going to be called off side by the bunker but if they are just applying pressure and trapping the opponents from a good kick return they don’t get penalised. It’s smart football. Penrith are very smart and very fit.

What was interesting is that without Luai and Cleary their attack looks very one dimensional, but their defense is so in your face that they effectively attack through that. Most of their tries came off Souths’ errors and were all scored through the middle, whilst Souths succeeded on the edges primarily.

If you play this game again with Luai and Cleary back, then the Panthers’ arsenal is a lot more varied.

snickers007

Juniors
Are Penrith players the most disloyal in the country? How many of them have turned their back on the green and gold?

Maybe they're the most loyal..?

After all they are turning down a bigger payday with the Kangaroos, and also robbing themselves of almost guaranteed victory.

Pink Panther

Juniors
If a healthy Liam Martin isn’t the first 2nd rower picked for the WC I’ll eat my hat…

The work from Api on that last try was so good. He completely outplayed cook in the 60 minutes he was on the field for. Penrith are going to miss him so much next year.

Edwards is probably the “victim” of playing in a great team.

I think he also doesn’t look athletic so he’s probably faster, stronger more agile than we give him cred

chunk

Juniors
My Panthers are the kings of line speed but The game would be very different if players were back with the Ref and moved when the ball had cleared the foot? Some of the tolerance shown for defensive lines blows my mine. I think every team tries to move that quickly but some aren’t fit enough to sustain it. Some are scared by the officials whistle more than others? Some aren’t as well versed on what they can get away with at the right time. I watch a lot of kick chase where if a try is scored they’re going to be called off side by the bunker but if they are just applying pressure and trapping the opponents from a good kick return they don’t get penalised. It’s smart football. Penrith are very smart and very fit.

What was interesting is that without Luai and Cleary their attack looks very one dimensional, but their defense is so in your face that they effectively attack through that. Most of their tries came off Souths’ errors and were all scored through the middle, whilst Souths succeeded on the edges primarily.

If you play this game again with Luai and Cleary back, then the Panthers’ arsenal is a lot more varied.

I agree with your reference to their defence.

Panthers seem to get off their line faster and more consistently than any other team so the opposition find it hard to get momentum coming out of their half, they are so fit, they must be relentless at training. It seems they are offside all the time

I agree with your reference to their defence.

Panthers seem to get off their line faster and more consistently than any other team so the opposition find it hard to get momentum coming out of their half, they are so fit, they must be relentless at training. It seems they are offside all the time
It’s an interesting take. Watching the game last night there were times that Souths met us in our backfield, and so there were times that their kind-speed was pretty good. But it rarely lasted a full set, and so generally by the last tackle we made some metres and got the kickers onto the front foot.

I think the Difference with Penrith are both fitness and technique; we generally get two or even three defenders in a tackle, hold the attacker up and push them back. Means extra time for the rest of the line to get back, and halts momentum. Does make us vulnerable to offloads.

Would probably be the best Grand Final in history.
If they did the singing thing afterwards that would take it for me. Possibly the best thing I have ever seen on a footy field was the end of the Fiji/PNG test at MacArthur Stadium this year. As soon as I saw that I bought tix to Oz versus Fiji in the World Cup.

Pink Panther

Juniors
Yes "the game" is always a winner when our Polynesian brothers are involved.

As a young good looking fresh gay active white man, I must say I love my Polynesian “rainbow” brothers from Tonga and Samoa. Living in Penrith where there is some poverty, I often take in young big and strong curious Polynesian men who are homeless and give them board, food and shelter for free, well almost for free. Polynesian men are extremely giving, caring and can be very strong and powerful and very tender at the same time. They are just marvellous. Most of them are extremely physically gifted as well

GongPanther

Referee
Yes "the game" is always a winner when our Polynesian brothers are involved.

As a young good looking fresh gay active white man, I must say I love my Polynesian “rainbow” brothers from Tonga and Samoa. Living in Penrith where there is some poverty, I often take in young big and strong curious Polynesian men who are homeless and give them board, food and shelter for free, well almost for free. Polynesian men are extremely giving, caring and can be very strong and powerful and very tender at the same time. They are just marvellous. Most of them are extremely physically gifted as well
This all of a sudden got very creepy. Sure you're on the right website?