What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perry, Hunt, White to fight charges

Mr Saab

Referee
For the MRC to save face and charge him...pathetic.
The judiciary knew where its at.
And he may have been hit high, but there have been past incidents where players have been let off....Andrew Ryan last yr on Jason Ryles.

Go play with ur mate MOTH

Callan Pk

Juniors
They just gave graham a week only cause he pleaded guilt, for exactly the same thing.
save face...dont make me puke.

Mr Saab

Referee
Callan Pk said:
They just gave graham a week only cause he pleaded guilt, for exactly the same thing.
save face...dont make me puke.

Well..lets look at this shall we.

Graham...raises his arm in a chicken wing position...elbow out cocked.
Hunt...tucks his arm into his side and braces for contact.
Yeah, they are mirror images of each other.
You are as dense as Royce Simmons the day after the 1991 GF

Go throw up in a bucket....

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
icewind said:
but but.... aren't the broncos ALWAYS let off because they are a news ltd side? better not spread this 0/19 blasphemy around, you might get lynched.

A lot of there 50/50s never make it to the judiciary..

beave

Coach
I honestly think Graham should have fought his charge as well. I believe both Hunt and Graham deserved to get off, sometimes $hit happens on the football field, neither were intentional, I know the careless bracket exists, but seriously, if a guy is falling, and as reported Hunt had 120 milliseconds to adjust 59cms, some sanity has to prevail, and thankfully it has, even though Hunt getting off will be detrimental to my sides chances of winning on Friday night.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think Perry is still in there dude. Ross hasn't even fronted the panel yet....

Callan Pk

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Well..lets look at this shall we.

Graham...raises his arm in a chicken wing position...elbow out cocked.
Hunt...tucks his arm into his side and braces for contact.
Yeah, they are mirror images of each other.
You are as dense as Royce Simmons the day after the 1991 GF

Go throw up in a bucket....

Anasta- smashed in the face
Hodgson- smashed in the face

get a f**kin clue idiot, you got none

Bazal

Post Whore
I could be wrong though. NRL on Fox said Ross was last....but Fox' website says he was after Hunt. So he may be in there now

beave

Coach
7 weeks, mmmm, a tad harsh but IMO what he did was intentional, loading and carry over wouldn't have helped.

BWNB

First Grade
hmmm thats about right, but i think White should have got the same if not more.

Bazal

Post Whore
IIRC he'd get almost 50% added to his base suspension....so that 7 weeks is a 3-4 week suspension plus loading, I think....probably fair enough

beave

Coach
yeah it's hard to pick the White one. I would have hated to have been on the match review comittee or the judiciary panel this week. $hitful week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ross outed for seven matches
March 26, 2008

CRONULLA prop Ben Ross has been suspended for seven matches by the NRL judiciary over his late hit on Melbourne half-back Cooper Cronk.

Ross had been referred straight to the hearing after collecting Cronk with a late, high elbow in Sunday's 17-16 win over Storm at Olympic Park.

NRL prosecutor Peter Kite called for a penalty of between seven and nine weeks and the judiciary panel of former players Darrell Williams, Royce Ayliffe and Bob Lindner agreed with their verdict.

The Sharks prop reiterated to the judiciary that the hit was an accident and described it as a "mistimed" push.

He said he wanted to harass the kicker and thought Cronk was going to run the ball rather than kick it.

His defence representative Jim Barnett referred to similar striking charges on St George Illawarra's Adam Peek and former Dragons half Trent Barrett that were deemed grade two and five striking offences respectively.

Barnett argued Ross's hit was no worse than Barrett's offence and more similar to Peek's, which incurred a two-week suspension.

He added Ross's remorse over the incident should be taken into account.

Kite in turn said the matter was more serious because the NRL was cracking down on offences involving kickers and asked the panel to take Ross's poor disciplinary record into account.

The fact Ross had one previous striking offence in the past year counted against him but he received a small discount for entering an early guilty plea.

He has 75 carry-over points which will count towards any future offences.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23437776-23214,00.html

Latest posts