What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perry, Hunt, White to fight charges

Garts

Bench
KempoKnight said:
Absolute joke that he got off.

When you look at the evidence no it is not. Wicks had his head up and everyone else was packing into the scrum, you push forward when that happens.

For the record I do not doubt he did it on purpose but the evidence clearly gets him off.

KempoKnight

Juniors
Garts said:
When you look at the evidence no it is not. Wicks had his head up and everyone else was packing into the scrum, you push forward when that happens.

For the record I do not doubt he did it on purpose but the evidence clearly gets him off.

Im not sure how its clear that it wasnt intentional actually im extremely suprised he got off seems even a 5 year old could tell it was ment as it was.

Im not even fussed it was perry who got off got no problem with him but just the fact that something so blatant was aloud to be let go.

lotti

Bench
maybe Mr. Ross will learn this time that the NRL doesn't like those kinds of hit, White has learnt from his mistake. As a Manly fan I'm glad Perry got off, we need everyone on deck this season if we're going to send Beaver off the way he should be in October.

skeepe

Immortal
How the f**k did Perry get off? He should have been out for 6 weeks minimum. f**k me Manly are a protected species.

Garts

Bench
skeepe said:
How the f**k did Perry get off? He should have been out for 6 weeks minimum. f**k me Manly are a protected species.

So you can not understand how he technically got off? Any player from any club would have got off that charge. It is not liked he grabbed the guy at the play the ball and gave him a proper head butt, the circumstances made it very easy to defend.

Of course perry gets off ... look at all the good players and they all have to get their head forward so it sits over the cue. Did perry come up with the `line of sight to corner pocket' defence. Des must have swelled with pride

skeepe

Immortal
Garts said:
So you can not understand how he technically got off? Any player from any club would have got off that charge. It is not liked he grabbed the guy at the play the ball and gave him a proper head butt, the circumstances made it very easy to defend.

Not at all. A headbutt is a headbutt. You don't pack scrums with that sort of force. Anyone who has ever played the game knows that. It was a complete dog act and the NRL judiciary has just given the green light for players to headbutt each other at scrums in the future.

Garts

Bench
I agree it was a headbutt but to me it was no shock he got off as you could easily defend it. tbh the force was not that great, albeit a little more forceful than normal.

Either way the bloke is a fool, he might have got off the charge but we still do not get the 2points his act of stupidity arguably cost us.

voltron

Juniors
then again
did gallen even get charged for that headbutt he did against the roosters last year?

skeepe said:
Not at all. A headbutt is a headbutt. You don't pack scrums with that sort of force. Anyone who has ever played the game knows that. It was a complete dog act and the NRL judiciary has just given the green light for players to headbutt each other at scrums in the future.

Force ? Im sure you have watched the footage right ?

The top of Perrys head hit Wicks in the mouth with not so much as a cut lip. Force :lol:

There is a difference between the application of the law and non legal opinion which now sound very muck like sour grapes Manly bashing.

skeepe

Immortal
Jatz Crackers said:
Force ? Im sure you have watched the footage right ?

The top of Perrys head hit Wicks in the mouth with not so much as a cut lip. Force :lol:

There is a difference between the application of the law and non legal opinion which now sound very muck like sour grapes Manly bashing.

Sure I saw it. A headbutt, clear as day.

Oh and I'm the last person on earth who would defend a Knights player on the basis of "Manly bashing". But it was a headbutt, absolutely clear as day, and should have been punished as such.

skeepe said:
Sure I saw it. A headbutt, clear as day.

Oh and I'm the last person on earth who would defend a Knights player on the basis of "Manly bashing". But it was a headbutt, absolutely clear as day, and should have been punished as such.

Get your eyesight checked.

KempoKnight

Juniors
Jatz Crackers said:
Get your eyesight checked.

If you honestly dont think it was a headbutt then your clearly need of an eyecheck mate. was a dog act and should of been punished as such. Take the maroon glasses off and post objectively.

KempoKnight said:
If you honestly dont think it was a headbutt then your clearly need of an eyecheck mate. was a dog act and should of been punished as such. Take the maroon glasses off and post objectively.

Go read my post #94.

If it was as clearcut as you & skeepe say then he would be on the sideline now wouldnt he.

Pika

Bench
I dont care who got off and what team he plays for.

It sets a dangerous precedent for props leading with the head packing a scrum.

Will it be a simple case of 'I plead the Perry defence your honour"

Case closed, no suspension.

t-ba

Post Whore
Pika said:
I dont care who got off and what team he plays for.

It sets a dangerous precedent for props leading with the head packing a scrum.

Will it be a simple case of 'I plead the Perry defence your honour"

Case closed, no suspension.

This isn't the Mags Court. I think the Judiciary has shown it's rather inconsistent application of the 'law' and that precedent simply doesn't exist.

Besides, Perry got penalised for his stupidity. If Players feel like giving away penalties on scrums, we may a see a trend develop. Somehow, I think not.

Latest posts