What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perry, Hunt, White to fight charges

KempoKnight

Juniors
Jatz Crackers said:
Go read my post #94.

If it was as clearcut as you & skeepe say then he would be on the sideline now wouldnt he.

It was clear cut but he obviousely had someone making some bullsh*t arguements that the judiciary believed. so stop trying to make it seem what it wasnt. it was a headbutt clear as day he has just found some bullsh*t way to get out of it.

KempoKnight said:
It was clear cut but he obviousely had someone making some bullsh*t arguements that the judiciary believed. so stop trying to make it seem what it wasnt. it was a headbutt clear as day he has just found some bullsh*t way to get out of it.

Wrong, I have not tried to "make out it seem what it wasnt" as you so simplistically say.

I wont argue with you on this as you have already tried to put words in my mouth or misinterpreted what ive said. There are plenty of self richeous simpleton argumentative types on here,

Perry got off because there was nothing in it. Shut the door on your way out so we dont have to put up with your muffled snivelling noises.

Nightward

Juniors
the judiciary should've upgraded White's charge and given him 10+

I'm with you on that one. The shot on Cronk was lined up and clearly intended to take him out; the NRL said it was going to "get tough" on offenders who nailed a kicker after they disposed of the ball.

Of course, if you sidelined him for the length of time he should have bowed out for, he wouldn't be available for City/Country and Origin duties, so...

Butters

Bench
Nightward said:
I'm with you on that one. The shot on Cronk was lined up and clearly intended to take him out; the NRL said it was going to "get tough" on offenders who nailed a kicker after they disposed of the ball.

Of course, if you sidelined him for the length of time he should have bowed out for, he wouldn't be available for City/Country and Origin duties, so...

I think youve got White and Ross confused.

KempoKnight

Juniors
Jatz Crackers said:
Wrong, I have not tried to "make out it seem what it wasnt" as you so simplistically say.

I wont argue with you on this as you have already tried to put words in my mouth or misinterpreted what ive said. There are plenty of self richeous simpleton argumentative types on here,

Perry got off because there was nothing in it. Shut the door on your way out so we dont have to put up with your muffled snivelling noises.

I agree there was nothing in it, wicks wasnt hurt and all in all it was pretty soft but still it was a headbutt against an opposition player done out of malice which he should of been charged for. Or am i just wrong in the impression that a headbutt shouldnt be punished?

Nightward

Juniors
I think youve got White and Ross confused.

Yep.

I dunno about the White thing. Obviously you don't want players taking things into their own hands, but the amount of times referees ignore "kick challengers" pasting kickers, things are at the stage where they kind of have to.

The refs have made a rod for their own backs on that one.

KempoKnight said:
I agree there was nothing in it, wicks wasnt hurt and all in all it was pretty soft but still it was a headbutt against an opposition player done out of malice which he should of been charged for. Or am i just wrong in the impression that a headbutt shouldnt be punished?

Yes, quite right, headbutts should be punished. Totally agree. If his actions were deliberate he should spend considerable time out of the game for a headbutt

The legal application in this case was a simple proposition that considered Perrys actions to be the same as if he was in the normal course of events, eg, packing down in the scrum.

The video clearly shows that Perry wasnt looking at Wicks while he packs down. Perry bends and the top of his head strikes Wicks.

Of course where some peoples opinions differ is that they assume there was intent, and while I also have my doubts about what might have been going on in Perrys head, the footage contradicts a claim that the incident was anything other than a stock standard scum formation with a subsequent clash of heads.

It wasnt an elongated hearing. Relatively quick dismissal.

lotti

Bench
headbutts that are out of malice and do not occur during the packing of the scrum should be punished but what Perry did wasn't out of malice it was simply poor timing.