What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perry re-signs with Knights

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Just heard off Gary Harley on 2hd that spongecake has just re-signed for a further 2 years. :evil: :evil:

bluesbreaker

Bench
200k, That's disgusting. JM, I've got a lot of time for you and your opinions, you know your stuff and you seem like a smart guy, but why are you excited about this? Do you think that Perry will just wake up and start playing better because we re-signed him? He just seems to be chronically f**king lazy, and there is _no-one_ at the Knights right now that can whip his fat ass into shape.

northey

First Grade
oh great.. well .. maybe there was some deal in the contract that they would pay in cakes or something? lol..
nah i am happy that he is staying, but if it is at the expence of some other talented players... lowrie, abes... etc then i have my doubts

Rusty

Juniors
sh*t why couldnt he have gone elsewhere? We always get stuck with the half hearted arseholes.

Johns Magic

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
200k, That's disgusting. JM, I've got a lot of time for you and your opinions, you know your stuff and you seem like a smart guy, but why are you excited about this? Do you think that Perry will just wake up and start playing better because we re-signed him? He just seems to be chronically f**king lazy, and there is _no-one_ at the Knights right now that can whip his fat ass into shape.

I still have the hope that Josh will return to the form that earned him an Origin call-up.

At the beginning of next year he will turn 25. This is the age where I think he'll begin to recognise himself as a senior member of the team. 25 is an age in football when players begin to mature mentally.

His form this year has been alot better than what it has been. I think Josh has realised that he is now completely out of favour in representative teams and will get out of his comfort zone.

He played damn awesome on Sunday and with Newton was the only player who really had any go forward in attack. He was something we sorely lacked earlier this season. I know others think otherwise, but I genuinely think Perry was desperate to win on Saturday. I saw him make several tackles covering for other players. He wasn't playing for himself that day.

But let's be honest here. Props are worth a motza nowadays. There aren't many with Perry's ability left. f**king nuffies like Keith Galloway and Learoyd Lahrs are demanding in excess of $200K per year, whilst Ryan O'Hara is getting close to $300K.

I think the Knights original offer will fire Perry up to perform in future. He seemed genuinely hurt by the offer, and by reading his comments you could tell he would be desperate to prove them wrong. I think it'll give him the focus he needs. Mal Reilly will help too.

I know Josh hasn't been the most popular guy on the forums, but I still hold the dream that he will mature as a player to be the force we know he can be. If he continues to do sh*t all then I will happily admit I was wrong and will be happy to see him out of the club come 2008. But I still think Josh has what it takes to become known as one of the most destructive front-rowers in the business.

As I said, I'll admit I was wrong if he struggles. But if Perry picks up his game next year and comes back in representaive contention...well I'll be the first to say "I told you so".

Johns Magic

Referee
northey said:
oh great.. well .. maybe there was some deal in the contract that they would pay in cakes or something? lol..
nah i am happy that he is staying, but if it is at the expence of some other talented players... lowrie, abes... etc then i have my doubts

Lowrie hasn't got half the talent Abes or Perry has.

Neither does Newton, but he has the determination of a champion. Lowrie has shown nothing yet.

snapper

Juniors
Spewin. As a few have already said, he's lazy, and also a liability because he offers nothing in the way of mobility in defense and manages to give away stupid penalties week in week out. I think you'd find that if the Cowboys were going to sign him it would have been a rock bottom price. It was just a negotiating tool to up his contract with the Knights.

Even if he does turn his form around, we''l never get the last 2 yrs of bludging back. And players shouldn't be rewarded for that.

northey

First Grade
Lowrie hasn't got half the talent Abes or Perry has.

Neither does Newton, but he has the determination of a champion. Lowrie has shown nothing yet.

ahh but lowrie tries. and he will be great, but i am not even going to bother JM, when ever i voice my opinion you disagree with what ever i say... so i won't bother

Johns Magic

Referee
northey said:
ahh but lowrie tries. and he will be great, but i am not even going to bother JM, when ever i voice my opinion you disagree with what ever i say... so i won't bother

Whenever it's about Lowrie or Robbie O I disagree. Or Steve Witt.

Alex28

Coach
If it is only $200K, then he has taken a paycut. He was quite clear on Sunday that he wasn't going to take a paycut, so I'd suggest it is more than that...

Northey - I appreciate you are a fan of Todd's, but the club needs to get to a stage where they need to make decisions on players who are "triers" - whether they are going to cut it or they aren't. How many more years does Todd need?

tupac

Juniors
is this actually fully official. What trust to put it that way, does this bloke on 2hd have