What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perth will be a much harder proposition post 2018

Perth Red

Post Whore
Side note: NRL should lobby to get this Burnswood to be a multi-purpose stadium with fully retractable east and west (and maybe north and south stands).

Make it a condition of getting an NRL team and chuck in $10mil (ala AFL with ANZ)

or get Paterson Stadium redeveloped into the planned-FIFA WC configuration, single the AFL wont be playing there anymore...

Perth_Stadium.jpg

I doubt $10mill in a $billion plus stadium will give any influence over anything. My memory is that it was going to have retractable stands as they want to attract union internationals and big soccer games.

I'm not anything, it's demographers and economists claiming Perth will be bigger than Brisbane in 15 years time. But your probably right, after all I am sure you know more about population growth than the experts lol.

Personally I hope it doesn't, it's a nice size now and more people equals more problems. Lock the gates now perth!

Experts.. they're glorified weather men. Its all based on probabilities not definite facts. Experts are doctors engineers.

newman

First Grade
No they are sports fans sick of not having a club to cheer for and attend regularly. After 6 Years of false dawns how long do you think people will sit around for before giving it up and finding a sport that does actually play in Perth to follow?

If they announce no expansion this time I am going to sign up to be a Wildcats member, never been to a basketball game in my life but they have a world class arena near pubs and I can't stand soccer or union and find afl too long and bit boring. Miss my live action and club to cheer for and been waiting 16 years which I consider long enough.

I think its just you, with an emotional investment in the bid, that has these deadlines. Not "the people of Perth".

Nerd

Bench
Perth will overtake Brisbane to become Australia's third biggest city in 15 years, population projections reveal.

Three million people are expected to call Perth home by 2028, putting fresh pressure on the city's infrastructure and housing supply to keep pace with the growth.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/20032461//
The majority of new housing estates being built in SEQ are in the Moreton Bay and Logan regional councils which are adjacent to Brisbane as there is no major lots of vacant land left in the Brisbane City council area. I'm not sure if these adjacent areas are counted as "Brisbane" by the demographers. So to say that Perth will outgrow Brisbane by 2015 I would say possibly but I very much doubt it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The majority of new housing estates being built in SEQ are in the Moreton Bay and Logan regional councils which are adjacent to Brisbane as there is no major lots of vacant land left in the Brisbane City council area. I'm not sure if these adjacent areas are counted as "Brisbane" by the demographers. So to say that Perth will outgrow Brisbane by 2015 I would say possibly but I very much doubt it.

I think its just you, with an emotional investment in the bid, that has these deadlines. Not "the people of Perth".

You obviously haven't been at games, at warl grounds or on the WA RL fan Facebook groups then. But you keep thinking what you wish and leave it to us with an ear to the ground in Perth to make informed debate. There is a growing frustration in the RL fanbase here at the dicking around by the NRL. At least this mob have set a date for a decision which is much better than Gallop stringing us along year after year.

georgesnmith

Juniors
so they are growing frustrated at waiting around yet theyve managed to hang on since their team got kicked out over 20 years ago?

:lol:

perth will get a team when the NRL thinks its time, despite how many thread you start on LU.

Replace wa with any current nrl team you get the same longing and desire for a team to be at (x) location that wa fans are showing. Fans of current nrl teams need perspective as there is areas such as perth that are shunned yearly and the fans who do have a team to support take it for granted as shown by the poor crowds.

Those who do have a team should be thankful as there are those like perth red who for the past decade plus have no team at all to suport. Bring in wa and brisbane 2 give them a chance.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Replace wa with any current nrl team you get the same longing and desire for a team to be at (x) location that wa fans are showing. Fans of current nrl teams need perspective as there is areas such as perth that are shunned yearly and the fans who do have a team to support take it for granted as shown by the poor crowds.

Those who do have a team should be thankful as there are those like perth red who for the past decade plus have no team at all to suport. Bring in wa and brisbane 2 give them a chance.

so perth should be included so their fans get a chance to take it for granted

:lol:

the only reason perth dont have a side is they went to super league and news ltd betrayed them when they didnt need them anymore, killing them off and moving the players on, i think to melbourne

so now they have to wait until the game is ready, be it 5 or 20 years.

oikee

Juniors
For the game to be strategic , they have to bring in another 2 Brisbane teams, that will saturate the Queensland market with derbies for Cowboys and titans, so will keep Queensland crowds strong, improve them twofold.
NZ has to have another team as well, if they leave the Warriors on their own to much longer, the whole of NZ could self implode, so common sense tells you to get another team into NZ, They can never win a tital on their own without some good old fashioned passionate rivalry.
Then and only then would i look at a team in Perth.
If that took 20 years, so be it.
I mean why should rugby league and rugby union , even soccer help rpop up AFL's 1 billion dollar stadium.
We need to be smart and clever. Putting a team into Perth is only helping AFL fund their white elephants, next they will want Origins and all our test matches.
Nobody can hear you scream in Perth, i mean its 4 hours outside any normal programming.

Melbourne also will need a second team in 20 years time.

newman

First Grade
For the game to be strategic , they have to bring in another 2 Brisbane teams, that will saturate the Queensland market with derbies for Cowboys and titans, so will keep Queensland crowds strong, improve them twofold.
NZ has to have another team as well, if they leave the Warriors on their own to much longer, the whole of NZ could self implode, so common sense tells you to get another team into NZ, They can never win a tital on their own without some good old fashioned passionate rivalry.
Then and only then would i look at a team in Perth.
If that took 20 years, so be it.
I mean why should rugby league and rugby union , even soccer help rpop up AFL's 1 billion dollar stadium.
We need to be smart and clever. Putting a team into Perth is only helping AFL fund their white elephants, next they will want Origins and all our test matches.
Nobody can hear you scream in Perth, i mean its 4 hours outside any normal programming.

Melbourne also will need a second team in 20 years time.

Drivel.
Why do you think your opinion carries any weight?

oikee

Juniors
Drivel.

Because this is the AFL strategy and we can all see it is working.
Is that weight enough, or you got a better idea.
What are you saying, ??? derbies dont work.
AFL have 1 billion dollars being spent on them in Perth.
What is your opinion, love to hear it.
The strategy that will introduce 3 teams into Brisbane and hopefully finally allows Brisbane to build a 90 to 100 thousand stadium over a 20 year plan is how the NRL really needs to be thinking, not short term plans.

Brisbane can use this Stadium for a Olympic games bid into the future.
The NRL really need to stop thinking short term. Its killing the game.
My opinion is nothing more than Chinese, AFL and Brisbane 20 to 30 year plan thinking.
Nothing more, it is simply a strategic long term thinking process that works.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol, the stadium is being built by the government, not afl. Will feature cricket and also big rectangular sport events. NRL will be played at nib, another govt fund stadium. Your argument for not having a team in Perth makes no sense what so ever, but seems par for you.

eozsmiles

Bench
:lol::lol:

Great call - up with your best ever.

Titans, Eels and Tigers leading the comp.

Upsets galore with more favourites getting beat then winning.

Yet the game is stale and predictable.

Time to open up another slab mate.

Most unpredictable on-field season in years.

I also liked the bit about who would have figured Manly would win at home in the rain against a Sharks team which has only a 30% win rate when Gallen is out and only won something like three times at Brookvale since the dawn of time............ Who'd have figured?

oikee

Juniors
Most unpredictable on-field season in years.

I also liked the bit about who would have figured Manly would win at home in the rain against a Sharks team which has only a 30% win rate when Gallen is out and only won something like three times at Brookvale since the dawn of time............ Who'd have figured?

So i am saying it's predictable, you two are saying it's unpredictable yet your saying that Manly always beats Cronulla, which is predictable.

Look, the spark is gone.
The game is predictable and i will explain why. I will probably get bashed again for mentioning Sydney, but here goes.
This code is like clockwork, they were struggling out west, with Soccer AFL and Union all making waves.
All of a sudden we have predictable footy again. Parra doing well, Tigers returned to form, and Dogs and even Penrith rebounding. Wow Sydney, how predictable of you to turn things around, gee whiz, who would have guessed.
And now, who suffers, well every team outside Sydney. That is why i went for all the Sydney teams to win this week, we cant have the western Sydney teams stuttering now can we.

It's boring predictable NRL, that is what it is.
It is why viewers are down, crowds are down. I mean also the scheduling, ?? you clowns see nothing wrong with the way the code has scheduled the games this year. ??

Surely your not that one-eyed blind.
I mean 8 games in NSW this weekend if you include Canberra.

8 f**kin games. Well done NRL.
Why not just go back to the Sydney comp, because that is about all the code is anyhow.
Anyhow, i will be writing a full report of the crowds and game outside the Sydney bubble. Talk about it more then.
The game is stale, boring and predictable. Dave Smith offers nothing, just defends what we have reading that Buzz dribble he wrote.

This year scheduling has been the worst in history. I have never seen such a backward run roster and Schedule.
Its like teams outside Sydney are being punished for the good of Western f**kin Sydney.
I give up.

spoonman

Juniors
Drivel.

The same reason why you think your opinion carries weight!

What's with the bagging off on other people's opinions?

I don't necessarily agree with oikee, but by saying these things like you do doesn't promote a healthy debate in these forums.

If you want to rile people up with your trollisms go to 'the roar' forum pages.